watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFCTv & GJ Commentary

Started by graham, October 01, 2022, 02:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graham

I paid £5 to FFC TV for a live feed of the game, but there's no information about when coverage starts.What happens log in and wait but when?

RaySmith

Audio commentary with GJ and Jamie usually begins about 2.50, no video.

-
https://www.fulhamfc.com/match/men/2022-23/g2292893

davew

Has anybody managed to get it yet?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Ok now, late as usual! COYW!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Holders

It's very intermittent - about 10 seconds commentary then a break of several minutes before the next short spurt. Hopeless. It's been like that all season, always been fine before.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

junior white

Listening via the app, not having any issues myself

supersub

I've been getting an intermittent feed all season too. Very frustrating.

Logicalman

Quote from: graham on October 01, 2022, 02:21:52 PM
I paid £5 to FFC TV for a live feed of the game, but there's no information about when coverage starts.What happens log in and wait but when?

There is no Video for Prem games - Audio only.
Go to the foot of the page where it says 'Live'
Click AUDIO COMMENTARY
then click the play icon

GJ usually starts 15 minutes before a home game and anytime after 10 minutes for an away game.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Holders

Quote from: supersub on October 01, 2022, 04:09:13 PM

I've been in discussions with the streaming contractor and FFC about it since the first game of the season but they don't seem interested. Is it just this year for you - was it ok last season?

It might help if you complain yourself as well: [email protected] attn. Nicola.

Logicalman

Quote from: Holders on October 01, 2022, 05:27:43 PM

I've been in discussions with the streaming contractor and FFC about it since the first game of the season but they don't seem interested. Is it just this year for you - was it ok last season?

I guess what it comes down to is there are many for whom it works with almost no issues, and so they will always ask if it is at the users end.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Holders

Quote from: Logicalman on October 01, 2022, 07:13:41 PM

I guess what it comes down to is there are many for whom it works with almost no issues, and so they will always ask if it is at the users end.
That's the excuse of course but for me it has worked every season up to now, the ffc videos work, live streams (when I can fund one) work, radio works and the audio commentary on the Wolves website (which was free) worked perfectly. Its just the audio commentary on the ffc website that isn't working this year,  it did last year and everything else works including video which is more resource demanding. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem this season when it has worked in previous years?

It seems to me pretty obvious that something has changed at the broadcast end.

RaySmith

Quote from: Holders on October 01, 2022, 11:25:32 PM

That's the excuse of course but for me it has worked every season up to now, the ffc videos work, live streams (when I can fund one) work, radio works and the audio commentary on the Wolves website (which was free) worked perfectly. Its just the audio commentary on the ffc website that isn't working this year,  it did last year and everything else works including video which is more resource demanding. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem this season when it has worked in previous years?

Haven't had many problems, if any, this season Holders - been pretty good so far, better than previously, maybe.
I know that when you've been posting during games about problems, I've usually had it uninterrupted.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

FYI
This season I've been watching free live streams on Reddit.
No problems at all.
I do have a VPN
Turn the volume off and GJ on.
Heaven except todays game !!!
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Holders

Thanks for the feedback, Ray and Roger.

Logicalman

Holders, what browser are you using and Have you tried the usual thngs like clearing your browser cache prior to games? Like Ray, I have not had any issues this season.

Ronnief

I'm temporarily using an iPad to view all ffc matters, however I cannot log into ffctv using the FFC tv app. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Logicalman

Quote from: Ronnief on October 02, 2022, 11:45:27 AM
I'm temporarily using an iPad to view all ffc matters, however I cannot log into ffctv using the FFC tv app. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

I have the same issue when using a Fire Tablet, though I can access it on any laptop/pc & smartphones. I do have some issues accessing it on my TV running WebOS, as I just cannot get the screen to size correctly and it sometimes drops out, even though I have an ethernet connection to the TV.

Have you asked FFCTv about this at all? Interested to see the response.

Holders

Quote from: Logicalman on October 02, 2022, 11:43:04 AM

Holders, what browser are you using and Have you tried the usual thngs like clearing your browser cache prior to games? Like Ray, I have not had any issues this season.

I've been using Chrome but I'll try Firefox next time. I have cleared the cache but can do so again just to rule everything out. What I can't understand is why it's worked fine for years up to this season and why much more demanding applications (like video etc) as well as Wolves' version of GJ work fine. What's most off-pissing is that they haven't seemed interested.

gerrys

I didn't manage to get the GJ commentary, I tried quite a few times, and had to listen on the LiveScore app.....the commentator had a northern accent and was visibly pro-Geordie.....gave up after 30 minutes...

Logicalman

Quote from: Holders on October 02, 2022, 04:07:45 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on October 02, 2022, 11:43:04 AM

I've been using Chrome but I'll try Firefox next time. I have cleared the cache but can do so again just to rule everything out. What I can't understand is why it's worked fine for years up to this season and why much more demanding applications (like video etc) as well as Wolves' version of GJ work fine. What's most off-pissing is that they haven't seemed interested.

What's your version of Chrome? No you use a VPN or similar app on the browser for security?

One thing I found recently for an entirely different reason to so with Chromw was I needed to disable my Adobe Acrobat Extension.