watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Unreasonably Angry

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 01, 2022, 03:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

I have not been this angry in such a long time. Marco's decision to play Chalobah, as was plain to see, was giving up any points and asking for a loss. The entire Fulham community knows he is not even up to a mid-table Championship standard and was part of the Crawley Town embarrassment, how could he possibly be chosen for today, even for the bench? Then, to no surprise, he goes off like an idiot and gets a red and ruins our weekend after two weeks off. We already had enough injury concerns, and playing Chalobah is like tying our legs together t. I am SO angry band asking the team to run. It was all so obvious for even the most novice Fulham supporter to see. I just can't get over it, and I need to rant. Thank you all for coming to my Ted Talk.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FFC1987

Yep, I know we have a squad and we ned to use players but from the off, this felt like more of an experiment or a point to the board rather than treating it like a really important home game against a struggling premier league team. Maybe that's more hyperbolic but starting Chalo was such a dreadful shout. I bet if you polled it before the game, the vast majority of Fulham fans would say that was a dreadful decision.

nwg

Ugh: watch the replay of BD-R and Kurzawa barely jogging to Leno's save before the put-back...galling.

ChesterTheTabby

Like, how much damage will this cause to team morale going forward. Get RID of Chalobah now. I hope he's packed and out, and get a therapist in to get rid of this horrible, destructive loss before it seeps in.

Craven Mad

What was Marco supposed to do - the squad is too thin, and there wasn't another DM to choose from.

Chalobah has to take responsibility for his own actions here. Outrageous lack of control, which undermined weeks of training/planning by the squad.

MayoDomo

Quote from: Craven Mad on October 01, 2022, 03:50:59 PM
What was Marco supposed to do - the squad is too thin, and there wasn't another DM to choose from.

Chalobah has to take responsibility for his own actions here. Outrageous lack of control, which undermined weeks of training/planning by the squad.

I think what a lot of folks were calling for was a midfield three of Reed, Cairney, and Andreas, where Reed would fill Palinha's role. I think Marco probably likes Reed as the box to box too much for this to happen, and to be fair Reed has been excellent there so far.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

FFC In Oz

Chalobah is nowhere near the required standard.

I would have rather seen Cairney, with Pereira dropping deeper or even Onomah.

Hell, I'd rather Rodak start at DM than Chalobah

FFC1987

Quote from: Craven Mad on October 01, 2022, 03:50:59 PM

Reed is literally a DM. Chalo is stealing a living. Was quite an obvious choice. Silva should be embarrassed by that really and I'm sure he's fuming.

Deeping_white

Ah didn't realise the OP knows better than the manager, see you on the touchline next week!

FFC1987

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 01, 2022, 03:55:28 PM
Ah didn't realise the OP knows better than the manager, see you on the touchline next week!

Its not just the OP fella. I'd love to seen a poll on the match prediction before and after the lineup announcement.

RAY Rock ????

Paying £100 to watch this tripe I am entitled to my opinion. Silva has had a nightmare his tactics and team selection was shocking . He even knew this as he changed both fullbacks at half time . Injured or not.

Deeping_white

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 01, 2022, 03:57:10 PM

Its not just the OP fella. I'd love to seen a poll on the match prediction before and after the lineup announcement.

And I quote "Marco's decision to play Chalobah, as was plain to see, was giving up any points and asking for a loss." - because Silva really thought "f*ck it I don't have Palhinha so we might as well lose this week". Give your head a wobble ffs

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 01, 2022, 03:59:39 PM

And I quote "Marco's decision to play Chalobah, as was plain to see, was giving up any points and asking for a loss." - because Silva really thought "f*ck it I don't have Palhinha so we might as well lose this week". Give your head a wobble ffs

Oy, gave it a wobble, and here's a random thought that would have been better - Reed/Ream/Diop/Duffy at CDM (or play five at the back), Cairney CM, Andreas CAM. NO CHALOBAH.

FFC1987

Silva clearly got it wrong though. We're 3 down to a struggling Newcastle side, missing key players with a man sent off. I can hardly give Silva much credit for that today can I.

Somerset Fulham

No anger here. Disappointment for sure but we are seriously under strength and are clearly having a piss poor day at the office.

As long as they buck up their ideas in the second half and this 45 isn't repeated anytime soon then all is well.

Deeping_white

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 01, 2022, 04:06:24 PM

Oy, gave it a wobble, and here's a random thought that would have been better - Reed/Ream/Diop/Duffy at CDM (or play five at the back), Cairney CM, Andreas CAM. NO CHALOBAH.

No manager is going to compromise their entire system by playing a player out of position in the Premier League, or randomly adopt a never tried formation before

FFC1987

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 01, 2022, 04:16:24 PM

No manager is going to compromise their entire system by playing a player out of position in the Premier League, or randomly adopt a never tried formation before

As others have pointed out, he wouldn't need to do this. He has the players to maintain his system and formation, which doesn't include playing a championship player in one of the most important roles.

perry geyton

Marco 100% got it wrong today, when I saw that line up I almost went back to bed and wish I would of

perry geyton

Also how comes Stansfield doesn't get a look in over that donkey we are now playing up front ?

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 01, 2022, 04:16:24 PM

Playing Chalobah is the exact same as playing a player out of position, as he can't play his position at all. Playing Chalobah is compromising the entire system.