watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I wonder???

Started by davew, October 01, 2022, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

The concensus on here is that 1 player should not have been selected to play today or ever again for us in the PL and I totally agree! Is it possible the majority of our best players also agree with us and might have been affected by the team selection? Once he had finished his days work after 8 minutes, the rest of the team were even more pi$$ed off and did not perform at all? Personally I think the whole team apart from our goalkeeper were a disgrace! After a great and unexpected start, October was looking a good month to consolidate our position and pick up some points, at the moment I am fearing the worst!   
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

I share your concerns and this season was always going to be a challenge one way or another.
That is why we can no longer look any further than the next game.
A week in football is a a long time as so many positive and negative matters can arise, and football can have an unexpected way of kicking you below the belt when you
least expect it.

Nevertheless professional teams during their training regime must go through a drill whereupon if we are reduced to ten men, there is a plan set out to combat that no matter which player or what position is affected.

So in other words for example you set up two banks of 4 with balance and shape and depth, so the opponents still have to breach that set up. Clubs have plenty of days to train for all eventualities.
My disappointment initially was that we conceded the first goal so quickly after Chabolaha was dismissed, and we looked so pedestrian with players looking as though they did not know their job.

Our football and application from some players was abysmal and unacceptable, at times half hearted.
Whether we have ten players are or not the remaining players can still run around, and game management is crucial.
At least we drew the second half because at one stage it looked as though if we did not roll our sleeves up they could completely overrun us.

Anyway there is nothing we can do about today, but there is plenty we can do about the next match.
Silva will no doubt have a sleepless night tonight, and so he should that comes with the territory.
Let us not kid ourselves this season will be full of ups and downs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

Chalaboah - I am sure he's not that bothered - back to his Wimbledon flat and his RR coupe in the garage - get in a couple of girls for the evening and look forward to light training for the next 3 weeks

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Baszab on October 01, 2022, 08:34:33 PM
Chalaboah - I am sure he's not that bothered - back to his Wimbledon flat and his RR coupe in the garage - get in a couple of girls for the evening and look forward to light training for the next 3 weeks

Not a bad life
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Somerset Fulham

Not sure why our exchange got deleted there tbh, but Basza, I did a proper laugh to your response to my post.  064.gif

Fair play.

Lighthouse

We had a player sent off after VAR. We had an injury to our top scorer and a full back making his debut. All early on in the game.

So we can pontificate and talk about some hidden problem of selecting one player over another. But the truth is we had problems compounded by other problems. Any club would find it hard to recover during a game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 01, 2022, 10:44:32 PM
We had a player sent off after VAR. We had an injury to our top scorer and a full back making his debut. All early on in the game.

So we can pontificate and talk about some hidden problem of selecting one player over another. But the truth is we had problems compounded by other problems. Any club would find it hard to recover during a game.

Good post Lighthouse -
we had a run of bad luck before and during, the game, and basically have problems with squad depth and quality if we get any injuries:
playing in the Prem against sides like Newcastle, who have the financial backing of a foreign, sport- washing, government, and who, with their huge crowds and support, won't be subject to the same FFP restraints as us.

They had a strong side, even with injuries to a couple of key players, while we were definitely weakened by injuries to key players, starting an unfit, due to international duties, Mitro, and then the sending off compounded our bad luck on the day.

Our don't think lack of effort was the problem, though maybe the manager could have organized things better after the red - but why would these players not give their all, with the stakes so high? - they only get the big money and lavish lifestyle if they can produce the goods on the pitch, and they must be highly motivated individuals to get to be such high-status players.

But we at least have 11 points on the board and live to fight another day.

White Knight

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 01, 2022, 08:30:42 PM
I share your concerns and this season was always going to be a challenge one way or another.
That is why we can no longer look any further than the next game.
A week in football is a a long time as so many positive and negative matters can arise, and football can have an unexpected way of kicking you below the belt when you
least expect it.

Nevertheless professional teams during their training regime must go through a drill whereupon if we are reduced to ten men, there is a plan set out to combat that no matter which player or what position is affected.

So in other words for example you set up two banks of 4 with balance and shape and depth, so the opponents still have to breach that set up. Clubs have plenty of days to train for all eventualities.
My disappointment initially was that we conceded the first goal so quickly after Chabolaha was dismissed, and we looked so pedestrian with players looking as though they did not know their job.

Our football and application from some players was abysmal and unacceptable, at times half hearted.
Whether we have ten players are or not the remaining players can still run around, and game management is crucial.
At least we drew the second half because at one stage it looked as though if we did not roll our sleeves up they could completely overrun us.

Anyway there is nothing we can do about today, but there is plenty we can do about the next match.
Silva will no doubt have a sleepless night tonight, and so he should that comes with the territory.
Let us not kid ourselves this season will be full of ups and downs.

Your analysist is close to exactly what occurred. Naturally the red card put Fulham on the back foot and was a big blow to us to try and get something out of the game especially with another 85 mins to go. But it can be done and has been done, so it is possible.
But we had been second best since the kick off with Newcastle being first to the ball most of the time.
I imagine it can be difficult to adjust but i have to agree with you that i was also disappointed with a number of the players reactions over the rest of the game with their commitment which was compounded by Marcos decision making which i felt was not up to his usual standards which led to Fulham unable to contain Newcastle.
I can see why he picked Chalobah as a one for one and of course who could have forecast his sending off, but it was still an error of judgement by Marco because there was very little justification in the first place to select him as it could not have been on merit.
As for both full backs they are a worry and did not justify why Marco selected them.
I do not wish to sound too harsh but i thought the players reaction and Marcos reaction also failed to try and handle the task very well, not both the team or the managers finest hour.
But we have to move on and deal with it the best we can under the circumstances and they need a good reaction and performance in the next game.

Mince n Tatties

Chalaboah...Yes he messed up big time,but let's ease off a bit here on the guy,he is a Fulham player and was picked by our manager.
His rush of blood to the head in the tackle that got him sent off most probably he was all keyed up and wanted to prove he was worthy of being picked.
To read some of the comments about him you'd think he'd intentionally got himself sent off.
If it had stayed as a yellow,he might have went on to have a decent game,he must have shown something or he wouldn't have been picked.
Obviously he's not a favourite with lots of us,but these things happen in the game,and I should think he isn't feeling too great about it.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 02, 2022, 08:02:23 AM
Chalaboah...Yes he messed up big time,but let's ease off a bit here on the guy,he is a Fulham player and was picked by our manager.
His rush of blood to the head in the tackle that got him sent off most probably he was all keyed up and wanted to prove he was worthy of being picked.
To read some of the comments about him you'd think he'd intentionally got himself sent off.
If it had stayed as a yellow,he might have went on to have a decent game,he must have shown something or he wouldn't have been picked.
Obviously he's not a favourite with lots of us,but these things happen in the game,and I should think he isn't feeling too great about it.

Fair comment Mince, at least he will have a couple of weeks to reflect on his actions, think it will be a long time before we see hin playing again.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Baszab

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 01, 2022, 10:10:12 PM
Not sure why our exchange got deleted there tbh, but Basza, I did a proper laugh to your response to my post.  064.gif

Fair play.

I am grateful but feel sorrow/ appreciation for the mods who have to read our drivel and edit it

SuffolkWhite

:plus one:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Sting of the North

Good post Mince, agree entirely.

Twig

Fair post but, even setting aside the "rush of blood" that resulted in his red card, I still don't think he should play for us again because he just isn't good enough.

FFC1987

Quote from: Twig on October 02, 2022, 10:02:04 AM

Fair post but, even setting aside the "rush of blood" that resulted in his red card, I still don't think he should play for us again because he just isn't good enough.

Agreed. I tried to reflect this before, I don't 'blame' him really. He's just not the quality we need in this squad. Seems a nice enough lad and all but the quality lacked in the championship. He just needs to be shipped out to the championship like Muniz to get his career back on track. Sadly, he's not lived up to his reputation and early performances warranting international attention and at 27, its hard to see him getting back to that level.

I'll leave the lad alone and not poke like social media trolls do, and I'd of loved some humble pie proving me wrong on his selection, but the only thing consistent about Chalo is his inability to play at this level (or even for a top 6 championship club).

Logicalman

Quote from: davew on October 01, 2022, 08:11:03 PM
The concensus on here is that 1 player should not have been selected to play today or ever again for us in the PL and I totally agree! Is it possible the majority of our best players also agree with us and might have been affected by the team selection? Once he had finished his days work after 8 minutes, the rest of the team were even more pi$$ed off and did not perform at all? Personally I think the whole team apart from our goalkeeper were a disgrace! After a great and unexpected start, October was looking a good month to consolidate our position and pick up some points, at the moment I am fearing the worst!   

I agree that the team, as a whole, didn't look convincing today, though I couldn't speculate as to why.
I'm not as concerned for the rest of the season at this point though, it's one really bad game from the first 8. If the last away game to Sheff Utd had happened earlier in the season we would have had the same reaction as to what happened yesterday, but that was a blip, as I hope this one will turn out to be as well.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

hovewhite

Personally I'm more concerned about the full backs and mbabu is not upto standard so I would prefer 3 CBs and play bdr and kebano as wing backs until all fit again as those late arrivals are not good signings.

Twig

Quote from: hovewhite on October 03, 2022, 02:27:29 PM
Personally I'm more concerned about the full backs and mbabu is not upto standard so I would prefer 3 CBs and play bdr and kebano as wing backs until all fit again as those late arrivals are not good signings.

From what little we have seen so far I tend to agree. But I think we need to give them a bit of time before we write them off.