watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wilson’s Celebration

Started by joef, October 03, 2022, 02:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Putney_

I went home and sulked for three hours after he did that. Plus, the woman at Waitrose was rude to me.

Whitestone

I have no problem with with either Wilson's celebrations or those who take their shirts off. It's all emotion in the heat of the moment which is fine as far as I'm concerned,  but what I do find strange is that Paulinha gets a booking for celebrating a goal with his own supporters (against Forest) yet Wilson doesn't get booked for winding up the opposition supporters when he scores. Seems a bit odd to me. Some consistency from the officials would be helpful.

fulhamfan

Quote from: Logicalman on October 03, 2022, 06:27:32 PM
Quote from: fulhamfan on October 03, 2022, 04:14:22 PM
yeh lets ban celebrating a goal in front of opposition fans. it hurts my feelings

So, how do you feel about a player taking their shirt off in celebration then?

I find that goading oppo fans is worse that revelaing ones upper torso myself, not that I have any wish to see either, but before we get carried away with bad boys goading other fans, we have had a couple of our own players do the less-than-subtle finger to the lips when running past oppo fans after scoring, especially if they have been getting stick. Careful what we wish for, the FA tend to use machetes rather than scalpels in situations like this.

I'm not fussed by either. its all theatre at the end of the day and part of the fun

Lighthouse

I am a millionaire who has stuck a round object into a target that is very large. I didn't do it for you. ....BOOOOOOOOO

I am a millionaire who has stuck a round object into a target that is very large. But I did it for you...........Hurrah.

They officials get so excited about shirt raising and flashing and crowd jumping. Yet no fan really cares anymore than when players acting the big I AM in front of the opposition. Yes I would prefer a gentlemanly or even a womanly hand shake but times have sadly moved on. Now we have players having sex every time they score a goal.

It is a game and if I got upset every time some idiot has tried to goad me into a reaction. Well I wouldn't come on here for a start. You bastards.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: fulhamfan on October 04, 2022, 10:19:55 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on October 03, 2022, 06:27:32 PM
Quote from: fulhamfan on October 03, 2022, 04:14:22 PM
yeh lets ban celebrating a goal in front of opposition fans. it hurts my feelings

So, how do you feel about a player taking their shirt off in celebration then?

I find that goading oppo fans is worse that revelaing ones upper torso myself, not that I have any wish to see either, but before we get carried away with bad boys goading other fans, we have had a couple of our own players do the less-than-subtle finger to the lips when running past oppo fans after scoring, especially if they have been getting stick. Careful what we wish for, the FA tend to use machetes rather than scalpels in situations like this.

I'm not fussed by either. its all theatre at the end of the day and part of the fun
It's all part of the fun until couple of supporters take umbrage and jump over and clock him, that probably wouldn't happen at Fulham, but it's likely to happen somewhere.
Celebrating with your own fans away from the opposition should not be an issue.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

I would hope that the whole strategy in football is to prevent the opposition from having the opportunity to celebrate in front of anyone ...

Andy S

I'm quite happy for away teams to stand in front of our supporters and get abuse if that is what floats their boat. Personally though I have too much respect for supporters of all clubs who pay a lot of money to support their teams. I expect he will get his share in the future as a footballers career is not very long in the grand scale of things

Rupert

The problem is, we are looking for rational reasons. Players and supporters are irrational creatures.

Anyone recall a decade or so ago when the Cottage faithful were informing a Mr Lampard that he was a fat bastard, and Mr Lampard, at a break in play, joined in by proudly thrusting out his stomach and patting it?

Some of us laughed and applauded as he was joining in the banter. Others were foaming at the mouth at the effrontery of the man. How dare he join in?

Damned if you do, dammed if you don't.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Towards the end of my 'career' I scored a goal and ran to the home supporters and took off my shirt.
The only supporter there shouted  "Fat f*ck*r
.......and I was playing for the home team
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Arthur

Quote from: Whitestone on October 04, 2022, 09:49:59 AM
I have no problem with with either Wilson's celebrations or those who take their shirts off. It's all emotion in the heat of the moment which is fine as far as I'm concerned,  but what I do find strange is that Paulinha gets a booking for celebrating a goal with his own supporters (against Forest) yet Wilson doesn't get booked for winding up the opposition supporters when he scores. Seems a bit odd to me. Some consistency from the officials would be helpful.

Paulinha's booking was for going into the crowd. I don't think it's the fault of the referee Paulinha was carded; I believe referees are instructed to book a player for doing so. I imagine a P.L. official who ignored an explicit directive wouldn't be a P.L. official for very long.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Arthur on October 04, 2022, 04:17:36 PM

Paulinha's booking was for going into the crowd. I don't think it's the fault of the referee Paulinha was carded; I believe referees are instructed to book a player for doing so. I imagine a P.L. official who ignored an explicit directive wouldn't be a P.L. official for very long.

Yep.

Rj Fulham

^^ This! The guy celebrating with his own fans gets booked, the guy deliberately being a d##k and inciting the opposition fans is not!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on October 04, 2022, 01:09:23 PM
Towards the end of my 'career' I scored a goal and ran to the home supporters and took off my shirt.
The only supporter there shouted  "Fat f*ck*r
.......and I was playing for the home team

What were you doing playing for Two Bob Rovers 5th X1
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

It's karma his playing record and thoughtless celebrations.

EN1 FFC

Thought the header was going into the net anyway, so Wilson stole the goal from his own player.
Wilson seems to be one of those players who gets away with things, like diving and watch him during a game he suterly pushes markers in the back,off the ball, to unbalance them just before a cross is made, and gets away with it.

Woolly Mammoth

If you wait by the banks of the river long enough, you will watch the bodies of your enemies float by.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Rupert

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 08, 2022, 11:04:51 AM
If you wait by the banks of the river long enough, you will watch the bodies of your enemies float by.

If I recall, the last time you used this quote didn't end well.

Some players know when to chance their arm. They can be very frustrating to referee, as you know they are cheating, but you have to catch them. Having said that, when you do finally catch them, the sanction does tend to be the nuclear option
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.