1 (0.5%)
Vinicius πŸ” 87'
1 (0.5%)
Willian πŸ” 45'
6 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Voting closed: October 17, 2022, 08:20:20 PM

Whitesideup

BDR for me. Tom was excellent too when he came on.

Carborundum

Leno did well all game and gets the vote.Β  Cairney did better for half a game and was given bags of space to do it in.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: TC's Sporran on October 16, 2022, 08:14:39 AM
tc for me despite not starting. if he doesnt start v villa there must be something going on.

What might be going on is that the last few years Tom has had a problem with his knees,and maybe the Boss feels it's better to bring him on to change things rather than risk him from the start...I'd say theyv'e obviously talked about it.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 16, 2022, 09:27:44 AM
Quote from: TC's Sporran on October 16, 2022, 08:14:39 AM
tc for me despite not starting. if he doesnt start v villa there must be something going on.

What might be going on is that the last few years Tom has had a problem with his knees,and maybe the Boss feels it's better to bring him on to change things rather than risk him from the start...I'd say theyv'e obviously talked about it.

yeah thats what i alluded to on another thread. its a shame because the whole team seemed to improve when he came on. apart from the crossing.......

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Jules on October 16, 2022, 06:59:51 AM
Quote from: JimmyConway on October 16, 2022, 06:43:46 AM
Few to choose from including Cairney for his second half. Went for Robinson as I thought he was very solid the whole match. Seen a reply Robinson was poor? very strange?
I went for Robinson too. Very good game. TC was excellent as well when he came on.
+1

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: JimmyConway on October 16, 2022, 06:43:46 AM
Few to choose from including Cairney for his second half. Went for Robinson as I thought he was very solid the whole match. Seen a reply Robinson was poor? very strange?

That was probably me. I guess we will just have to accept the fact that opinions on Robinson have always been divided. He's had a couple of good games but I'm generally not a big fan. To me he flatters to deceive. Excellent work rate, lots of pace but no end product whatsoever. If he could improve his crossing he would have been an AMAZING player for us but his lack of spatial awareness and ball control is something I fear will never improve. Far too many of his forward runs end with a loss of possession due to poor decision making and/or poor ball control. This leaves us unbalanced at the back and vulnerable to counter attacks. Still, he's currently our best option at LB and for a lack of other options he deserves a place in the starting 11. To be fair, he is reasonably solid defensively, which I guess is the most important thing for a LB. But his crossing... not even remotely close to what I would expect from a player at this level.

@jolslover

Cairney and Willian changed the game - for me Willian is our best winger

Cairney MOTM though
STH H3

Colton F.C.

Creaking limbs may not be the best option to start. Let the opposition run around a bit and tire before bringing on the big guns - Cairney & Willian.

It looks like Harry Wilson is back giving the option of Dan James coming on late when the game has opened up. Lets see what he can do then.

BDR has nailed down the RFB cover position.

No sign of Titan ads at the match.

Andy S

Leno for meΒ  which is strange because we had a great second half and with some luck we could have won

Motspur

Just to respond regarding negative comments on Robinson's crossing and general performance; I posted earlier in this season that a top 6 club will be looking to sign Robinson at the end of the season and I maintain that and believe that his performances so far the season, when fit, have been consistently very good. His pace and stamina are exceptional but his crossing can improve still. But the point I wished to make is that like yesterday when BDR and Robinson got wide there was no movement, or options when getting to the by line. I recall BDR having a go at Vinicius for not running towards near post when he was trying to find an option when cutting back from the by line.

Probably a rumour but was hearing that Tosin wasn't picked as currently refusing to sign a new contract. Not saying this is true but just sharing.

Dodger53

Went for Team on the assumption it was Ream

Finnans Right Peg

Went with Tom his forward thinking passing got us back in the game and higher up the pitch ,also a mention to Bobby what a team player

filham

Yes, a few candidates for MOM showing that there were good performances which should enable Silva to assemble aΒ  team capable of beating Villa on Thursday.

Dodger53

Quote from: Motspur on October 16, 2022, 08:22:45 PM

Just to respond regarding negative comments on Robinson's crossing and general performance; I posted earlier in this season that a top 6 club will be looking to sign Robinson at the end of the season and I maintain that and believe that his performances so far the season, when fit, have been consistently very good. His pace and stamina are exceptional but his crossing can improve still. But the point I wished to make is that like yesterday when BDR and Robinson got wide there was no movement, or options when getting to the by line. I recall BDR having a go at Vinicius for not running towards near post when he was trying to find an option when cutting back from the by line.

Probably a rumour but was hearing that Tosin wasn't picked as currently refusing to sign a new contract. Not saying this is true but just sharing.
I can't remember exactly when but I noticed how active and supportive of the team Tosin seamed while stretching his legs close to the hammy end. Seemed very much a team player.