https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

10 Games in?

Started by SuffolkWhite, October 16, 2022, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

P   W     D      L     GD   PTS
10    3    3    4      -4      12
We are midtable and 4 pts away from a relegation spot,  better than I expected and still confident we can maintain Prem status this time.

Any thoughts out there?

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Zendra

Hope you are right. We have to start winning games again -obvious comment I know .

Hugh Gentry

If we carry on at the same rate we are likely to be safe with 8 games remaining

filham

One point from last three games not good but I think is due to some bad luck and injuries.
Fail to beat Villa on Thursday and the dreaded smell of relegation will again hang over the Cottage.

Whitestone

It's not perfect but we're doing better than I would have predicted. Once again our defence is an issue. We can score goals this time around, so tighten things up and we might just surprise ourselves this season. Offensively we'll  be fine, particularly with Wilson returning and Solomon on his way back. The key for me is a solid CB partnership which we had last time with Andersen and Tosin. It won't go down well with many on here but Ream for all his positive traits just isn't good enough. Likewise Reed. If we could find a way with two from Duffy, Tosin and Diop I believe that we would see a difference. Paulinha is a massive upgrade but he needs someone with a bit more star quality than Reed alongside him. Hard work and commitment is great but it won't be enough in this division.

filham

The finger has been pointed at Ream since before the season started.
The facts are that he has been playing so well that it is hard for the manager not to put his name first on the team sheet.

Lighthouse

Once again we take a snapshot of a season and try and make it stretch to an entire gallery of facts.

The last three games have highlighted that lots on injury problems will have a significant say on how well or badly we do. That VAR is so badly riddled with mistakes as to border on corrupt.

Before the last three games we saw that we could compete against the very best in this league and looked good.

10 games in I think has made us all feel a lot happier about survival in this league. But each game we are walking a tightrope not always of our own making. Luck as well as skill will have a lot to say in where we end up. We can stand and balance on the wire but any slight mistake or bad luck and we can tumble.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: filham on October 16, 2022, 09:02:50 PM
The finger has been pointed at Ream since before the season started.
The facts are that he has been playing so well that it is hard for the manager not to put his name first on the team sheet.

Totally this.  The guy has been immense for us, even when forced to play left back.

I have no doubt in the future (should we stay up) that Diop and Tosin will become our partnership, but Ream is playing that well at the moment that he is keeping both of them at arms length and deservedly so.

Give the guy a break.

As for the season so far? We're well on course to stay up as things stand and that is whilst really struggling with injuries too so you would like to think that as the squad slowly gets back to full fitness that we should be able to hold our own.

Long, long way to go yet though and at any step along the way it could go tits up.  If we do get sucked properly into a relegation fight, I do back this side to kick its way out of it if needs be though.

Kimbleman

Totally agree about Tim. He has played brilliantly this season and last so he is always a starter on my team sheet. Glad to see MOTD made a point of showing his excellent tackle too which had me (and everyone else) on their feet applauding him. Top bloke 👍

We Are Premier League

Better than expected but still very nervous...would happily take 4 point from the next 5 games and go into the break with 16 points from 15 games.

Bassey the warrior

Very strong start to the season but we've hit a lull and need a win. I know it's early in the season but I had Bournemouth down as a must win and in the end we were lucky to get a point. Need a win against a very strong Aston Villa, who are seemingly being held back by their manager's tactics.

Woolly Mammoth

Despite the results recently with points drying up.
We are still in a decent position and have the platform to survive.
We need to keep
picking up points wherever and whoever we play, and hopefully be around halfway by the new year.
We cannot rely on players who are currently injured by thinking all will be well when they return as there is no certainty as to when they return.
When they do return they may need a couple games to get their mojo back, and in the meantime others could get injured.

As the general situation is that most if not all clubs will always have somebody out injured etc.
It's the ones who are available to play are the key to survival and beyond, you cannot look any further than the next game.
Three juicy points up for grabs on Thursday and that will be no picnic.
That match is the match we need to concentrate on.
All teams go through a difficult period and injuries have a big say, so i would not rely on any cavalry coming over the hill yet, and they may not come at all.

At this current time all the manager is concerned about at the moment is who will be fit and available for Thursday.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Happy enough and after the next 2 games 3pionts from them as we need another win .We seem to like playing the bigger teams and refer back to livpool game we were more aggressive with the press against them than boscombe Saturday and unluck not to get 3 pionts rather than 1 the opening game of the season.

We Are Premier League

Southampton on 31/12 and Leicester on 2nd Jan are going to be massive games...

wback

Could easily win the next 3. Two winnable home games and an away game against a team that's won once all year. Could see us taking a point off Man U too, making it 22 points from 15 before we head off for the WC.