https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 15/10/22...

Started by WhiteJC, October 15, 2022, 12:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

New Fulham sponsor causes concerns

The Australian financial services regulator is looking into licensing concerns relating to Fulham's new sponsor, Titan Capital Markets, and the firm's website has been blocked to view from the UK and US.

Fulham's Supporters' Trust has called for greater due diligence around the signing of future deals in light of the Titan partnership but has seen its request to be represented on an ethics committee rejected.

In September, Fulham announced they had made an agreement with the Australian-based company Titan Capital Markets to become their Contracts for Difference (CFD) trading partner for the remainder of the 2022-23 season.

A CFD trading firm speculates on the underlying price of an asset — such as shares, commodities or foreign exchange markets.

The Fulham Supporters' Trust met with club representatives on Thursday.  The Trust's chair, Tom Greatrex, said: "It is not at all surprising that Fulham supporters are concerned about how our club found themselves in this position of an agreement with this company which would involve Fulham players as content creators, and corporate social responsibility via a foundation — particularly as Titan appear to have blocked access to their website from the UK within the last 24 hours.

Questions about Titan's statements and what it appears to do in practice were first raised by journalist Martin Calladine, author of Fit and Proper People, on his blog, the Ugly Game.

"There are three or four things that in any normal situation would make me concerned about it," he says. "But the first one, the overwhelming one, is the rates of guaranteed returns that they're offering. You shouldn't need to go any further.

Titan Capital Markets' brand will be visible on the club's perimeter LED boards at matches, which are beamed across the world during Premier League matches. The company will have access to Fulham's players for content creation, according to Fulham's statement.

Speaking at the WikiFX awards in Dubai in September, head trader Peterson was asked about their agreement with Fulham. He said: "It actually brought us greater brand awareness. It adds more credibility to our brand. We're a company with a lot of financial resources and assets. We can afford to strike partnerships with prominent sports clubs.

Financial pressures are tight. In Fulham's case, commercial and matchday revenue falls a long way behind some of their rivals. Their latest accounts detailed losses of £93million ($103.1m) during the 2020-21 season, which included work on their Riverside Stand development. From sponsorship, they recouped £11million, which is below comparable rivals like Crystal Palace (£16million) and a world away from the best teams in the division, such as Arsenal (£142million).

In order to try to compete in the transfer market, and to comply with financial fair play regulations that limit owner investment, they have to reduce their overall losses by increasing revenue. That means high-value agreements become more appealing.

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.com/2022/10/new-fulham-sponsor-causes-concerns.html

WhiteJC

Fulham star Joao Palhinha eyes toughest-tackler crown after topping stats leaderboard in Premier League

PA

Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha has set his sights on becoming the toughest tackler in the Premier League.

The Portuguese has made an impressive start to life in west London since joining from Sporting CP for £20million in the summer.

The 27-year-old has made more successful tackles than any other player in the top flight so far and his physical presence has been a key part of Fulham's steady start.

And ahead of Saturday home game against Bournemouth, he said he is determined to stay top of the charts for the rest of the season.

"It's my objective," he said. "If I had a game where I didn't do many tackles I wouldn't feel very happy with myself. I want to do more.

"One of my objectives this season is to be in the top three, [but] if I'm the man with the most, I will be happy.

"It's part of my game where I know I'm strong, but I want to improve other things in my game."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-joao-palhinha-tackles-b1032641.html

WhiteJC

Gary O'Neil issues team news update ahead of trip to Fulham

GARY O'Neil confirmed midfield duo Joe Rothwell and Ben Pearson are "fully training with the group", but stopped short of confirming they will make the trip to Fulham tomorrow.

Summer signing Rothwell is yet to make his competitive Cherries debut, having suffered a quad injury during pre-season, while Pearson has been nursing a knee issue.

But the former Manchester United youngsters are edging ever closer to a return.

"They're back training," confirmed interim boss O'Neil.

"They're fully training with the group, so it's been a good week for both of them."

Asked if either will be in the squad at Craven Cottage, O'Neil added: "I'm not sure. I haven't decided on exactly how that will go.

"I'll wait. Team news I'd rather let come out tomorrow just before the game.

"But they've both had a really good week, so really pleased with where they both are."

Discussing the added competition within the squad with the pair returning to fitness, O'Neil said: "It's nice. We've been a little bit short numbers wise the last couple of weeks.

"The matchday squad has sort of picked itself.

"With people coming back, it gives us decisions to make, which is nice. So, really positive that the boys are coming back and able to add something."

O'Neil also confirmed neither Lloyd Kelly (ankle) nor David Brooks (hamstring) would be ready in time to face Marco Silva's men.

"It comes too quickly for Lloyd Kelly still and David Brooks is still recovering," he said.

"But apart from that, everyone is doing really, really well, so looking forward to it."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/23047821.gary-oneil-issues-team-news-update-ahead-trip-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham v AFC Bournemouth

Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored six goals in eight league games for Fulham this season
TEAM NEWS

Fulham top scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic could be ruled out again with the foot problem that caused him to miss last week's defeat by West Ham.

Fit-again winger Willian will be involved for the first time in a month but Nathaniel Chalobah is still banned.

Bournemouth summer signing Joe Rothwell has recovered from a thigh injury and might make his debut, while Ben Pearson is available after a knee issue.

Lloyd Kelly and David Brooks remain sidelined.

CHRIS SUTTON'S PREDICTION
Fulham were really good in the first half against West Ham but ended up with nothing to show for it.

I always write Bournemouth off, and they always prove me wrong. I know their fans love it too... so you know where I am going with this one.

The Cherries have done great under Gary O'Neil, but I think Fulham will feel hard done by, and they will come out with a point to prove.

Prediction: 2-1

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

Bournemouth are on a seven-match unbeaten run away to Fulham since a 2-0 defeat in April 1992 (W4, D3).
    Fulham's solitary victory in the past 10 league meetings was 1-0 away in the top flight in April 2019.

Fulham

The Cottagers have lost consecutive league games for the first time this season.
    They have gone seven top-flight matches without a clean sheet, conceding 16 goals, since a 0-0 draw with Wolves.
    Fulham have amassed seven points and eight goals from their four Premier League home fixtures this season. They only managed 10 points and nine goals in the entirety of their most recent Premier League campaign in 2020-21.
    Harry Wilson scored seven goals in 31 Premier League games for Bournemouth during a loan spell from Liverpool in 2019-20.
    Issa Diop is one short of 100 Premier League appearances.

Bournemouth

Bournemouth are unbeaten in their five league games since Scott Parker was sacked, conceding just four goals (W2, D3).
    They have twice won a Premier League match this season after conceding the opening goal; no side can better that record.
    However, Bournemouth remain without a first-half goal since Jefferson Lerma's second-minute strike against Aston Villa on the opening day of the season.
    The Cherries have had the fewest shots (61) and shots on target (20) in the Premier League this season.
    This is Bournemouth's 200th Premier League fixture.
    They have lost seven of their past eight top-flight games in London, with the exception being a 1-0 win at Chelsea in December 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63182449

WhiteJC

Fulham hoping to have Mitrovic back for Bournemouth game

Marco Silva is hopeful Aleksandar Mitrovic will be passed fit to face Bournemouth on Saturday after completing his first training session in a fortnight.

Mitrovic, who limped out of the 4-1 defeat by Newcastle and missed last Sunday's loss at West Ham, suffered a foot injury on international duty for Serbia.

But boss Silva insisted the Whites are not over-reliant on their talismanic striker, who scored 43 goals last season in the Championship.

"He is getting better and did the warm-up with the team this morning," Silva said.

"We are checking and assessing him this evening and see where he is and I will meet with the medical staff and will see what they will say.

"He is a key player, no doubt about it, but the last three games where he hasn't scored we have scored four goals, which showed we can score even when he is not on the pitch.

"He scored so many goals last season and doing the same this season, but it's not just him we have missed – if we had all players available we would be at our best level."

Willian will return to the squad after recovering from a calf injury, but right-back Kenny Tete is still out with a hamstring problem.

Harry Wilson, who returned from a long-standing knee injury for the final 15 minutes at West Ham, could make his first start of the season against the Cherries at Craven Cottage.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-boss-gives-update-on-mitrovic-ahead-of-bournemouth-game

WhiteJC

Team News: Willian To Return

The news was a mixed bag when Marco Silva gave a fitness update in his pre-Bournemouth press conference.

A positive is that Willian will return to the matchday squad, but we remain light in the full-back areas, with Kenny Tete and Layvin Kurzawa both absent.

"Willian will be involved," Silva revealed. "Kenny will be out, like Kurzawa as well.

"When you have this type of muscle injury, even if it doesn't look really serious, you have to be careful and assess day-by-day to improve a little bit their work on a daily basis to see when they will be fully ready to be involved with the team."

The possibility of Aleksandar Mitrović returning to the fold was less clear, with a decision likely to be made on Friday night.

"He's getting better," Silva explained. "Today was the first day he was involved with the team after two weeks, two-and-a-half weeks without the team.

"Now we are checking, assessing him, how he is feeling. We'll do the same later this evening to take the decision if he will be involved in the squad list or not.

"Let's see what will happen next few hours. I'll meet with the medical staff, and my technical staff as well, and after I will take the decision."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/october/14/team-news-willian-to-return/

WhiteJC

Bournemouth Matchday Preview

Fulham v AFC Bournemouth | Saturday 15th October 2022 | 3pm | Craven Cottage | #FULBOU

The opposition

After starting the season with victory over Aston Villa, Bournemouth would go on to ship 16 goals without reply in subsequent defeats by Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool, with Scott Parker departing the club following a 9-0 loss at Anfield.
    Coach Gary O'Neil stepped in as caretaker manager, and has overseen a terrific turnaround in form, with the Cherries unbeaten under his stewardship, beating Nottingham Forest and Leicester City, and drawing with Wolves, Newcastle and Brentford.
    Despite being signed by his former Fulham teammate Parker in the summer, Ryan Fredericks was unable to make his debut for the club until O'Neil took over due to injury. After coming on against Wolves and Forest, he was handed a first start in last weekend's come-from-behind victory over Leicester.

Fulham team news

Willian is back available, but full-backs Kenny Tete and Layvin Kurzawa are out. A decision will be made on Aleksandar Mitrović's involvement on Friday night, while Nathaniel Chalobah is suspended.

Bournemouth team news

The visitors will still be without club captain Lloyd Kelly and David Brooks. Midfielders Joe Rothwell and Ben Pearson have returned to training, but O'Neil did not reveal whether or not they are in contention for the weekend.

Tickets

A limited number of tickets for this match remain available for supporters to purchase on general sale.

Weather

There is a small chance of rain during the game but it should remain dry throughout the day, with temperatures around 16 degrees.

Player insight

Bobby De Cordova-Reid wants Fulham to put recent disappointment behind them when they entertain the Cherries.

"Coming off the back of two losses, it's time for us to bounce back with a victory on Saturday," he told FFCtv. "We're looking forward to doing that and everyone's raring to go."

Coverage

FFCtv subscribers can listen to live commentary of this game from Gentleman Jim, Sean Davis and Jamie Reid.

Early bird

Fans can take advantage of discounted food and drink inside the ground up until 2.30pm.

Fulham Flutter

Win prizes while supporting the Foundation by playing the Fulham Flutter!

Forever Fulham

Former matchday announcer David Hamilton will be welcomed onto the pitch at half-time.

Form

Fulham: WLWLL

Bournemouth: DWDDW

Top scorers

Fulham: Aleksandar Mitrović (6)

Bournemouth: Philip Billing (3)

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/october/14/bournemouth-matchday-preview/

WhiteJC

Fulham v AFC Bournemouth injury news as five ruled out and two doubts

A look at the latest injury news concerning AFC Bournemouth and Fulham ahead of this weekend's Premier League clash.

Fulham return to action on Saturday afternoon when they take on AFC Bournemouth.

It has been an impressive start to the season for the Cottagers, who sit in ninth position after nine games. Marco Silva's men do, however, come into this one on the back of consecutive defeats, conceding seven goals across defeats to West Ham and Newcastle.

This weekend, Fulham take on the side directly above them, fellow promotees Bournemouth, who have also enjoyed a surprisingly positive start, despite sacking Scott Parker on the back of a rocky opening.

Ahead of the clash with Bournemouth, Fulham are sweating on the fitness of Aleksandar Mitrovic, who picked up an injury last time out. "He's getting better," Silva said on Friday. "Today was the first day he was involved with the team after two weeks, two-and-a-half weeks without the team.

"Now we are checking, assessing him, how he is feeling. We'll do the same later this evening to take the decision if he will be involved in the squad list or not. Let's see what will happen next few hours. I'll meet with the medical staff, and my technical staff as well, and after I will take the decision."

Kenny Tete is another doubt, while Nathaniel Chalobah is suspended, and Manor Solomon and Layvin Kurzawa are all still sidelined with injuries. In more positive news, Silva has confirmed that Willian will be fit to play after recent injury issues.

As far as Bournemouth are concerned, Lloyd Kelly, David Brooks and Junior Stanislas are all ruled out for this one. Cherries interim boss Gary O'Neil has said: "It comes too quickly for Lloyd Kelly still and David Brooks is still recovering."

Ben Pearson, who has a thigh issue, and Joe Rothwell, who has an ankle problem were both doubts, but they look to be okay. "They're back training," O'Neil added. "They're fully training with the group, so it's been a good week for both of them."

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/fulham-v-afc-bournemouth-injury-news-as-five-ruled-out-and-two-doubts-3880495

WhiteJC

Pre-Bournemouth Press Conference

Marco Silva has been impressed with the work done by Gary O'Neil since taking caretaker charge of AFC Bournemouth.

There was nothing to separate the two sides last season – with both fixtures finishing 1-1 – but a new challenge presents itself on Saturday as the Cherries arrive in SW6 on the back of a five match unbeaten run.

"Last year was last year, it's completely different of course," Silva said in his pre-match press conference. "Now there's a different manager as well, and last season was a different competition. We had two tough games against them, two different games but two good games.

"Of course, under Gary they have been improving, that is true. They're one of the teams in the best form right now.

"It's a very good reaction from them, they are much more confident, they are getting results because the quality was there. It's good to see them in a good level because they are a good team.

"They fought like us last season to be at this level and it's good to see them in a good level. It will be another very good game against them, I believe, a tough one to play. But we are at home, we want to react from the last two games.

"Tough game, a good team that we will play against. They're in a good moment but we're playing at home, we want to react and to get the three points, and we have to work really hard to get it and to play better than them, because you know that if we play better we will be close to winning the football match."

Victory at the weekend would be all the more timely, with the Whites having just lost back-to-back Premier League fixtures for the first time this season.

"When you work so hard to win football matches, it's always difficult when you don't win," Silva explained. "We really hate to lose matches – this is a good thing, the feeling in the dressing room.

"Two different feelings the last two games – the first one against Newcastle was completely different to the last one [against West Ham].

"The last one was something I hope will not happen – not just for us, for all the teams in this league – for the rest of the season, that's what I hope.

"But we have worked on these two games, as always. We did what we should do, we've prepared ourselves well and we go again.

"It's a marathon, we know that will not win every single match at this level. It's up to us, like we did when we got good results, to analyse, to keep working with the players to improve, avoid some things that we shouldn't do as well.

"Let's go again, let's go for the next one."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/october/14/pre-bournemouth-press-conference/

WhiteJC

Silva admits Fulham need to improve at the back

Marco Silva admits his Fulham team must tighten up defensively in order to end their poor run of form.

Fulham have lost three of their past four Premier League matches, having conceded 11 goals in the process and recorded just one clean sheet this season – in a 0-0 draw with struggling Wolves in August.

The Whites face an in-form Bournemouth side at Craven Cottage on Saturday, with the Cherries, who won promotion along with Silva's team last season, unbeaten in five matches under the guidance of Gary O'Neil after Scott Parker was sacked following a 9-0 loss to Liverpool.

"I hate to concede goals," Whites boss Silva said.

"A clean sheet at this level is so important, it is always something we work to achieve every day.

"Recently we had a a heavy result versus Newcastle and, although it was with 10 players, for two or three of the goals we should have done better.

"At West Ham last week, two of their three goals should have been disallowed but we should have done better for the other goal they scored."

Silva said he has been impressed with how Bournemouth recovered from a horror start to the season to sit in eighth spot on the table, having chalked up a 2-1 win over Leicester last week.

But Silva said he is taking nothing from last season's pair of 1-1 draws between the sides in the Championship.

"That was last year. This is completely different," he said.

"Different manager, competition, and under Gary they have been improving and it is good to see that they have done well after being promoted.

"They are much more confident and it will be another good but tough game, but we are at home and we want a reaction from the last two games."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/silva-admits-fulham-need-to-improve-at-the-back

WhiteJC

Silva coy on Mitrovic as Fulham plot return to winning ways against Bournemouth

Marco Silva believes talismanic striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is on his way to recovery ahead of Fulham's Premier League clash against Bournemouth on Saturday.

The Serbia forward has netted six goals for the Cottagers in the Premier League so far this season, already double his total from the 2020-21 top-flight campaign.

However, Mitrovic sustained an injury during the recent international break and did not feature during his side's 3-1 defeat at West Ham last weekend, having come off early against Newcastle on October 1.

Silva admitted he will have to be assessed ahead of Saturday's match.

"He's getting better," the Fulham boss said.

"Of course, he did the warm-up with the team, did some boxes and the session was more strategy for the match, of course, but I can tell you that was the first day that he was involved in the team.

"Before he was two-and-a-half weeks without (training) with the team and now we're checking, assessing how he is feeling as well and we will do the same later this evening to take the decision if he will be involved in the squad list or not.

"But it is still soon, let's see what will happen in the next few hours."

He added: "Let's see, there's a session I have to take later and I will do it for sure. I will meet with the medical staff and the technical staff as well and then I will make the decision."

Fulham and Bournemouth played each other twice in the Sky Bet Championship last season, with both matches finishing in a 1-1 draw.

The Cherries are unbeaten in their last five Premier League matches since Scott Parker was sacked, and Silva expects a different challenge to the last campaign.

"Last year was last year, it was completely different. Now, a different manager as well, but last season was a different competition," the 45-year-old said.

"We had two tough games against them, two different games but two good games as well and, of course, under Gary (O'Neil) they have been improving and the team is in the best form right now, a very good reaction from them.

"They are much more confident and they are getting the results because the quality is there. Of course, you see them in a good level because they are a good team, they fought like us last season to be at this level and they are at a good level.

"It will be another very good game against them I believe, another tough one to play but we are at home, we want to react from the last two games."

https://www.football365.com/news/silva-coy-mitrovic-return-fulham-plot-return-winning-ways-against-bournemouth

WhiteJC

Quoted: Fulham v Bournemouth

Players and staff from both sides provide their takes on Fulham versus Bournemouth.

Marco Silva
Under Gary they have been improving, that is true. They're one of the teams in the best form right now. It's a very good reaction from them, they are much more confident, they are getting results because the quality was there. It's good to see them in a good level because they are a good team. They fought like us last season to be at this level and it's good to see them in a good level. It will be another very good game against them, I believe, a tough one to play. But we are at home, we want to react from the last two games.

Gary O'Neil
It's a real challenge, they're a good side with a real defined way of playing that they stick to, but within that they have lots of different strengths that can trouble you. They play through their shape really well. They obviously have Mitrović who's a massive threat if they decide to go direct, and with crosses and set-pieces. They're a threat on the sides with tricky wingers. They're a good side, it's going to be a tough afternoon for us, for sure, but one that we're well prepared for, and hopefully we can go there and give a good account of ourselves again.

Harry Wilson
They've recovered really well from a couple of heavy defeats they had. Now it's five games unbeaten for them and with the way they're playing at the minute they're a difficult team to beat. They had a great couple of wins at home recently so we know it's not going to be an easy game. They're in a great position in the table and have got some fantastic players. Their caretaker manager seems to have got them set up in a way that makes them difficult to play against, but we're confident every time we go out on the pitch at home, no matter who it's against.

Neto
Fulham will be a very difficult game. We know they need the result and we need the result. They came from the Championship as well and we both want to stay in the Premier League. We have to be focused, have to keep going and have to keep pushing and, if we do that, we have a chance of a good result.

João Palhinha
Every game is a final for us, so we want all the support in our home against Bournemouth. This is the most important thing right now. All the games at our home are special. I prefer to play in our home, in our stadium, Craven Cottage.

Antonee Robinson
At the Cottage we back ourselves against anyone, you've seen we've put in some brilliant performances there so far this season, so it's a great chance for us to bounce back. Throughout the season we're going to have ups and downs. [West Ham] was a down but you're only as good as how you retaliate. If we go and get a win then [West Ham] is forgotten and we move on and enjoy the positives.

Marcos Senesi
If we are unbeaten or not, I think it's a tough game over there. We have to go and work hard to get points and if we got the three points, I think it would be the best.

Dan James
They didn't have the best of starts but they've definitely been good in recent weeks since the caretaker manager's come in, so it will be a tough game. It's one we're looking forward to and will be ready for.

Bobby De Cordova-Reid
Coming off the back of two losses, it's time for us to bounce back with a victory on Saturday. We're looking forward to doing that and everyone's raring to go. We're excited for the game, we take it as every other game, the next one is the most crucial. We've prepared well, we're ready to go, and we'll fight for the three points. They're a good team, hence why they're in the Premier League. They've picked up points recently so we know it's going to be a tough game, but we're preparing well, we understand what we need to do to beat them.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/october/14/quoted-fulham-v-bournemouth/

WhiteJC

Silva: 'Too early to say' on Mitrovic fitness
Marco Silva says Fulham will make a late check on Aleksandar Mitrovic's fitness tomorrow before deciding whether the number nine will lead the line against Bournemouth tomorrow afternoon.

The Serbian striker missed last week's defeat at West Ham after limping out of the 4-1 thrashing at the hands of Newcastle United with a foot injury initially sustained when he was on international duty. Silva told today's pre-match press conference that Mitrovic took part in full training this morning – for the first time in a fortnight.

"He's getting better. He did the warm up with the team (today), but it was more strategy for the match. It was the first day that he has been involved with the team after two weeks.

Now we're checking and assessing him. We will do the same later this evening to make a decision if he will be involved in the squad or not. It's still soon. But let's see what will happen in the next few hours. It's a decision that I have to take later. I will meet with the medical staff and technical staff as well and then take the decision."

The Fulham head coach is confident that Fulham can compete without their talisman – having scored several goals without him and recorded a valuable win at Nottingham Forest without the in-form forward on the scoresheet.

The Whites will be able to welcome back Willian, who has missed the last two matches through injury, but Silva confirmed that both Layvin Kurwaza and Kenny Tete are still sidelined.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/10/silva-too-early-to-say-on-mitrovic-fitness/

WhiteJC

Fulham handed huge injury boost as Aleksandar Mitrovic returns to training - but Marco Silva admits their star striker will have be assessed before he can be passed fit for Bournemouth clash

Aleksandar Mitrovic made his return to Fulham training after an injury lay off
    He has been out with an ankle issue sustained against Newcastle on October 1
    Silva expects a challenge on Saturday against a 'different' Bournemouth side

Marco Silva believes talismanic striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is on his way to recovery ahead of Fulham's Premier League clash against Bournemouth on Saturday.

The Serbia forward has netted six goals for the Cottagers in the Premier League so far this season, already double his total from the 2020-21 top-flight campaign.

However, Mitrovic sustained an injury during the recent international break and did not feature during his side's 3-1 defeat at West Ham last weekend, having come off early against Newcastle on October 1.

Marco Silva claims that Aleksandar Mitrovic is 'getting better' having joined a training session

Silva admitted he will have to be assessed ahead of Saturday's match.

'He's getting better,' the Fulham boss said.

'Of course, he did the warm-up with the team, did some boxes and the session was more strategy for the match, of course, but I can tell you that was the first day that he was involved in the team.

Mitrovic has been out with an ankle injury since coming off against Newcastle on October 1

'Before he was two-and-a-half weeks without (training) with the team and now we're checking, assessing how he is feeling as well and we will do the same later this evening to take the decision if he will be involved in the squad list or not.

'But it is still soon, let's see what will happen in the next few hours.'

He added: 'Let's see, there's a session I have to take later and I will do it for sure. I will meet with the medical staff and the technical staff as well and then I will make the decision.'

Fulham and Bournemouth played each other twice in the Sky Bet Championship last season, with both matches finishing in a 1-1 draw.

The Cherries are unbeaten in their last five Premier League matches since Scott Parker was sacked, and Silva expects a different challenge to the last campaign.

'Last year was last year, it was completely different. Now, a different manager as well, but last season was a different competition,' the 45-year-old said.

'We had two tough games against them, two different games but two good games as well and, of course, under Gary (O'Neil) they have been improving and the team is in the best form right now, a very good reaction from them.

'They are much more confident and they are getting the results because the quality is there. Of course, you see them in a good level because they are a good team, they fought like us last season to be at this level and they are at a good level.

'It will be another very good game against them I believe, another tough one to play but we are at home, we want to react from the last two games.'

Mitrovic has six goals in the Premier League so far this season for Fulham from eight games

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11316299/Fulham-handed-injury-boost-Aleksandar-Mitrovic-returns-training-ahead-Bournemouth-clash.html

WhiteJC

Fulham: Mitrovic claim emerges before Bournemouth at Craven Cottage

Fulham's most "significant" player in their squad is Aleksander Mitrovic, according to insider Dean Jones.

The £60,000 per-week star has led the way on the goalscoring front in the last couple of years and has continued his form following their promotion to the Premier League.

What's the latest news involving Mitrovic?
Having failed to score the goals to keep Fulham in the top-flight in their last two seasons at this level, questions were asked over whether the Serbia international could do in the Premier League.

But the ex-Newcastle star quickly put those to bed by marking his return with a brace against Liverpool on the opening day.

Mitrovic did miss a costly penalty at Wolves the following week, although he would atone by netting in each of his next four league appearances, including against both Arsenal and Tottenham.

He hasn't score since his stunning consolation at Spurs last month, but mainly because he's currently out with a foot injury sustained during the international break.

As a result, Mitrovic is now doubtful for Fulham's crunch clash with Bournemouth on Saturday after hobbling out of the defeat to Newcastle and then missing the game with West Ham last weekend.

What did Jones say about Mitrovic?
With Mitrovic touch and go to feature against the Cherries, he told GIVEMESPORT: "Mitro's the most significant player in the squad and he scored Fulham's only goal when they played Bournemouth in the Championship last season.

"Obviously their chances of winning decline when he's not around, given the number of goals that he's scored over the past year or so particularly."

Who could start in Mitrovic's absence?
When Mitrovic is fit and firing, Fulham have a capable Premier League striker at their disposal.

However, when the Serbian isn't available, they don't just lose his quality, but his replacement is less than inspiring.

That's because the man who came off the bench for him against Newcastle was Carlos Vinicius, with the former Tottenham striker then picked to start at West Ham by Marco Silva the following week.

Vinicius scored a bunch of goals in Europe and the domestic cups during his loan spell across the capital at Spurs, but his league record in the last two seasons is an underwhelming seven goals in 39 games.

With that in mind, Fulham desperately need Mitrovic to pass his fitness test, or they could be facing a third consecutive league defeat.

https://www.givemesport.com/88071107-fulham-mitrovic-claim-emerges-before-bournemouth-at-craven-cottage

WhiteJC

The best former Fulham XI
With the much maligned Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa playing a pivotal role in a Napoli side who sit top of their Champions League group and Serie A, we take a look at a side of players who's careers didn't work out at the Cottage.

The squad will not include any players who were only at Fulham on loan, so cult heroes like Joachim Andersen and Alphonse Areola miss out.

Goalkeeper: Marcus Bettinelli

I know what you're thinking, how can Bettinelli be the current best goalkeeper that used to play for Fulham when he has yet to make his official debut for Chelsea? Well options are indeed limited. Other goalkeepers whom are still playing professionally include the likes of David Button, who boasts a save percentage of as low as 46.7% for West Brom, and 40 year old Maarten Stekelenburg, who is now Ajax's backup goalkeeper. It would be unfair to say that Bettinelli's career didn't work out at Craven Cottage. Marcus joined Fulham at the age of 14, and went on to make over 100 senior appearances for the side. The highlight of his Fulham career has to be the 2017/18 promotion season. Marcus broke into the starting eleven and established himself as a safe option between the sticks. Sadly, he couldn't emulate these performances in the Premier League, making only seven appearances in the following season.

Left Back: Ryan Sessegnon

Who knows what could have been if Ryan had stayed at the Cottage for a couple more seasons. Ryan lit up the Championship in the season of 17/18, scoring 15 goals and assisting 6 at the ripe age of 17. It's safe to say that Ryan did not exactly hit the ground running at Tottenham, failing to break into the first team until recent times. Under Conte, however, Ryan looks a new player. Picking up MOTM in Spurs' last game away to Brighton, Sess' performances are consistently composed.

Centre Back: Chris Smalling

Although having less of an impact for Fulham as the prior players in this team, Smalling still made over 10 senior appearances for Fulham before joining Manchester United, whom Chris won the league with in his first season. The 32 year old now starts for Roma, who sit 6th in the highly competitive Serie A. Smalling has contributed 3 goals this season for Roma, proving he still has what it takes to compete at a high level.

Centre Back: Dan Burn

The 6'5 monster that is Dan Burn made over 60 appearances in what may be the worst Fulham side we've seen in recent times. Although it is safe to say that Dan Burn did not set the world alight during his time at Fulham, he has become an integral part of a good Newcastle sides defence. The big man is also able to do a job at left back, a position he regularly played during his time at Brighton.

Right Back: Djed Spence

It was a tough decision to not include Denis Odoi at right-back in this squad as the man is currently smashing up the Champions League. Djed Spence is a cheeky one to include as he left Fulham at the young age of 16, however he is still a product of the talented Fulham alumni. Spence played a key role in Forest's promotion to the Premier League, earning a place in the Championship team of the year and a nomination for young player of the year. Such performances earned him a 13 million pound move to Spurs, where he is yet to make a start for the club.

Central Midfielder: Andre-Franck Zambo Anguissa

Upon watching Anguissa's recent performances for Napoli all one can say is wow. Probably the star player in this ex-Fulham side, it seems like he has added the ability to contribute to goals into his game this season, something that always seemed to be missing at Fulham. The tricky midfielder can look untouchable at times as he drifts across the pitch elegantly with the ball at his feet. Anguissa didn't leave Fulham in the best manner, making it clear to all that his heart was not with the club. This seemed to always be the problem with Zambo, he clearly had the technical ability however he seemed to lack the heart and tenacity that was required to represent the club. It would not surprise me in the slightest if we see Anguissa back in the Premier League playing for a top 6 side in the coming years.

Central Midfielder: Matt O'Riley

Another player who is playing regular Champions League football upon leaving Fulham is Matt O'Riley. Matt was never granted a league start for Fulham, prompting him to pack things up and move elsewhere. Matt played a huge role in an MK Dons side who finished 3rd in League One. This earned him a move to Celtic, where Matt won the league in his first season. Matt has registered 5 assists in 8 starts so far this season, an impressive tally. It is therefore bemusing that Parker opted to start Harry Arter, a man who is struggling to get into League One side Charlton currently, over Matt.

Attacking Midfielder: Fabio Carvalho

Ahhhh Fabio. Still a sensitive topic for many Fulham fans. The tricky attacking midfielder played a vital role in our 100+ goal season, being directly involved with 18 of them. It was a real shame to see Fabio go, and who knows what things he may have achieved if he has signed a new deal. Although it was tough to see him go, there are few big clubs that develop young players better than Liverpool do. Fabio has already made 7 appearances for Liverpool, starting 3 games. He recently made his Champions League debut for Liverpool against Rangers. Still only 20 years of age, Fabio seems to be destined for greatness, previously stating that one day he aims to win the Ballon d'Or.

Left Wing: Eberechi Eze

Like Djed, Ebere is another who failed to make any senior appearances for the club. Eze joined Fulham at the age of 13, however was released when he was just 15. Eze found success elsewhere in West London with QPR, making over 100 appearances for the R's. Eze now plays his football for Crystal Palace, where the skilful winger has made over 50 appearances. So far this season, Ebere has scored one and assisted 2 goals.

Right Wing: Harvey Elliott

Like Fabio, Harvey is another tough one to reminisce on. Harvey made his debut for Fulham at the age of 15 – a crazy feat. The 19 year old now regularly starts in a competitive Liverpool side, earning himself player of the month for both August and September. Harvey scored his first Champions League goal against Rangers recently, proving that perhaps his move away from Fulham really was for the best. Harvey's success at Liverpool may be a good indicator of what Fabio's career will look like in the future. 

Striker: Moussa Dembele

Moussa made over 50 appearances for a poor Fulham side, scoring 15 goals before joining Celtic. Moussa had a successful spell at Celtic where he caught the eye of Lyon. Moussa scored 31 goals in his two years in France before joining Atletico Madrid. Although Moussa won the league with Atletico that season, things didn't go great individually for him, so he re-joined Lyon where last season he was out scored by only Mbappe and Ben Yedder.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/10/the-best-former-fulham-xi/

WhiteJC

Up next: AFC Bournemouth (h)
Isn't it remarkable how everyone plays a hell of a lot better when Scott Parker's handbrake is released? Fulham fans need no convincing of the merits of life after the touchline mannequin, but Bournemouth's look a lot better under Gary O'Neill. The Cherries appeared to be nailed on for an immediate return to the Championship at the end of August but they are unbeaten in five games since Parker's sacking, with two impressive wins over Leicester City and Nottingham Forest, and have conceded only four goals. The boost prompted by promoting O'Neill into the hotseat sees Bournemouth head for SW6 this afternoon having leaped above their hosts and sitting snugly in mid-table.

They will be looking to extend a seven-match unbeaten run at Craven Cottage that stretches all the way back to April 1992, when goals from Gary Brazil and Sean Farrell secured a Division Three win for Fulham. Marco Silva, disappointed by the Whites' first consecutive defeats of what had previously been a positive Premier League campaign, will hope to have stemmed the flow of goals conceded with hard work at Motspur Park this week. The Cottagers have gone seven league games without keeping a clean sheet, since Marek Rodak shut out Wolves back in August and was promptly dropped, and have let in sixteen goals in that run – including seven in their last two outings.

There may well be a case for introducing Issa Diop into a back four that is likely to still have an experimental look to it, especially in the continued absence of Kenny Tete. The versatile Bobby Decordova-Reid deputised at right back at the London Stadium and could well be preferred to Kevin Mbabu once again this afternoon, but Diop – waiting for his hundredth appearance in English football – would be better equipped to deal with the movement and physicality of Dominic Solanke, scorer of that sensational goal just after half time last December than Tim Ream, notwithstanding how outstanding our American veteran has been at the heart of the defence on his own return to the Premier League.

Silva's biggest dilemma is likely to present itself at the other end of the pitch. Aleksandar Mitrovic, so vital to Fulham's fortunes, completed a couple of days training at the tail end of the week but it would be still be a big risk to pitch the Serbian striker into what feels like something of a six-pointer: even at this stage of the season. The Portuguese head coach was insistent during yesterday's press conference that the Whites can score goals without the mercurial number nine (pointing to the pair of strikes over the past couple of weeks when he wasn't on the pitch), but there is no doubt that Fulham are a totally different beast when he isn't in the side. Playing Mitrovic when he isn't fully fit risks both the Whites being without their focal point for a longer period as well as potentially placing his World Cup in jeopardy.

Bournemouth, boosted by the potential investment proposed by prospective new owner Bill Foley, look totally transformed from the traumatic first few weeks of the campaign when Parker appeared largely powerless to prevent another Premier League relegation appearing on his CV. There seems to be terrific harmony around Dean Court these days, with technical director Richard Hughes and assistant Simon Hughes carrying currency amongst the Cherries' fanbase on account of their legendary playing careers at the club, and O'Neill putting together a compelling case to be given the managerial job on a permanent basis – regardless of whether he really wants the role.

The Cherries have always had quality within their ranks. You do have to wonder whether Ryan Fredericks, excellent at right back recently, regrets taking West Ham's considerably bigger pay cheque after running down his contract at Craven Cottage despite Slavisa Jokanovic's side heading back into the top flight. It will be brilliant to see him back at Fulham's historic home in any case. Philip Billing is still an imposing presence in central midfield, which will make the engine room battle with Harrison Reed and Joao Palhinha very watchable, whilst Ryan Christie's return to goalscoring form might mean the promising Jaidon Anthony will have to settle for a spot on the bench again. When you consider that the Cherries still have David Brooks to return after his heart warming recovery from cancer, then there's every chance that Bournemouth won't be in the bottom three come May. You'd have got very long odds on that eventuality after Parker's side had conceded sixteen goals in three consecutive defeats before he received his P45 on August 31st.

Fulham will chomping at the bit to reverse an alarming little blip over the past couple of weeks that threatens to derail one of the most promising starts to a top-flight campaign in the club's history. The Whites' home form will be what sustains them as a Premier League club, just as it was in their thirteen-year stint under Mohamed Al-Fayed. Silva's side – far more adventurous that what came before – have already collected seven points and scored eight goals in their four games at Craven Cottage this term. They only mustered ten points and nine goals at home in the entirety of a miserable 2020/21 campaign under Parker. A return to winning ways this afternoon would be just what the doctor ordered, but it will be much easier said than done.

MY FULHAM XI (4-2-3-1): Leno; Decordova-Reid, A. Robinson, Adarabioyo, Diop; Palhinha, Reed; Willian, James, Pereira; Mitrovic. Subs: Rodak, Mbabu, Duffy, Ream, Cairney, Wilson, Kebano, Harris, Vinicius.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/10/up-next-afc-bournemouth-h-2/

WhiteJC

Bournemouth (H) Sold Out

Tickets for this afternoon's match at Craven Cottage against AFC Bournemouth have now sold out!

Thank you for your fantastic support - we look forward to welcoming fans to SW6 today.

Following this afternoon's Premier League clash, the Whites are back at home on Thursday night as Aston Villa visit Craven Cottage (20th October, kick-off 7:30pm).

Tickets for that match remain on sale and available to buy now online at tickets.fulhamfc.com anytime, by phone on 0203 871 0810 or in person from the Fulham FC Ticket Office (Mon-Fri, 9:30am-4:30pm).

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/october/15/bournemouth-sold-out/

WhiteJC