watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How to describe Fulham to a foreigner

Started by Tempest, October 21, 2022, 04:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

A while back, under the days of Keegan, I tried to explain who I supported to an Egyptian in Cairo.

Needless to say he'd heard of Keegan, London, Chelsea but in the end gave up and invited him to the cottage if he ever went to London.

Anyone else had similar difficulties?

There are kids in the Himalayas with Fulham shirts (if they kept them) but they were asking for Man U/Liverpool etc

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

filham

Tough one, I visited Moscow some years ago, and tried to do this to a group of local youngsters wearing Chelsea shirts, failed hopelessly.

HV71

Traditional ground , gorgeous approach, very mixed supporters , many races and creeds, traditional fans always seem to carry a plastic bag ( what is in them ? ) " condiments " signs by food outlets . Tarquin sits next to Ted .Supporters know the game, not glory hunters, real fans who just " hope " that the next game, season  - will be better. If it isn't - will still be there. Proper club , proper fans  - result ? Bound to fail and disappoint ! - origin of " fulhamish " an adjective that describes the abject depression that fans feel in the knowledge that there is no alternative. Their fate is set.

Lighthouse

The oldest club in London. They have a Cottage in the corner of the ground.

They were the first club to pay the highest wages for a player. They have had George Best and Bobby Moore and Berbatov and well just keep listing the famous players. Pele played with Santos at Craven Cottage.

They reached the Europa final and were beaten in the last minute by Athletico Madrid.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

I Ronic

When a parking spot appears, just as you reach where you're going. That's Fulham.
When you drop your toast and it lands butter side down. That's Fulham.
When the pouring rain stops. Just as you leave home. That's Fulham.
When the pouring rain starts. Just as you leave home.
That's Fulham too.

H4usuallysitting

ffcne

Once you have had the Cottage experience it is a marriage for life.
You will never ever need anyone else..

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: HV71 on October 21, 2022, 07:13:55 PM
Traditional ground , gorgeous approach, very mixed supporters , many races and creeds, traditional fans always seem to carry a plastic bag ( what is in them ? ) " condiments " signs by food outlets . Tarquin sits next to Ted .Supporters know the game, not glory hunters, real fans who just " hope " that the next game, season  - will be better. If it isn't - will still be there. Proper club , proper fans  - result ? Bound to fail and disappoint ! - origin of " fulhamish " an adjective that describes the abject depression that fans feel in the knowledge that there is no alternative. Their fate is set.

Well said. I agree with all but the last two sentences.