watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The post match thread Fulham 0 v 0 Everton

Started by love4ffc, October 29, 2022, 07:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnief

From my position in the Johnny Haynes Stand I thought Mitro's booking was very harsh. Geuye  was surprised by Mitro's attempt to get the ball and lunged to get the ball. There was milliseconds in the challenge and it was unfortunate that Mitro caught his foot. Was it really a foul I ask or was it just an unfortunate incident. Certainly not a sending off.

SP

From my position in the Lower Riverside it looked more like a foul by Geuye on Mitro.

bill taylors apprentice

I think the substitution of Cairney and Tete at 76 mins and Wilson on 67 mins should have been the other way round.
I mean Tom & Kenny around 65 mins and Wilson about 70 or 75 mins.
This would have tightened up the defence and allowed Cairney more time to control the game.

filham

Quote from: LC on October 29, 2022, 07:24:25 PM
Those stats are wrong. We had well over 20 shots on goal.

We should have won, on another day, Mitro would have had a couple of goals
What is a shot on target, does it include blocked shots.

filham

Another good fighting performance by Fulham and while we were the better team the result could have gone either way, so perhaps we should be satisfied with the point.
Mitro not at his best in front of goal but without him no one else looked like scoring.

Rambler

The fact that Willians penalty wasn't given is crazy. Genuinely looked like the most clear pen and the replays confirmed the defender tripped him

alfie

Quote from: Rambler on October 30, 2022, 10:30:31 AM
The fact that Willians penalty wasn't given is crazy. Genuinely looked like the most clear pen and the replays confirmed the defender tripped him
It appears they are saying the defender got the slightest of touch on the ball, could not see that myself, does seem odd that no one seemed to appeal.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

StuinSalop

Some good accurate comments here. Fulham were the best side and should have won but Everton missed the best chance and did look dangerous on the break first half.  Mitro was never going to score but his all round game was great.  No bad performances and some outstanding ones, stand outs for me as many have said were Palhinha, Diop, Willian and Robinson.

This is an excellent Fulham team who play with skill, pace, pressure and high energy. 

Cobh Fulham Fan

+1 Stuinsalop.   How do people feel about next week. Are we capable of maintaining that degree of performance away to city?   And will Mitro get his shooting skills back on target?

WindyCity

I thought this was a very good FFC performance.  Very enjoyable game, btw.  Both teams looked like they could break through at almost any given moment.  Good game.  Thought FFC was the better team, especially in second half.  Too bad we couldn't get all three points, but I'm pleased with the singleton. 

What I'm probably more pleased about is the overall performance in this game, and the past two as well.  We keep getting more confirmation that FFC 'belongs' in this league, and can play and give anybody a game.  I'm certainly not one to be counting chickens, but barring unforeseen circumstances/disaster, I should think FFC will survive this campaign, and maybe, just maybe, be setting sights a bit higher, such as top half of table?  Anyway, enjoyable season so far.  The only thing I do worry about is how thin we are in backups for key positions.  We still need another one or two DM's, and we really have no replacement for Mitrovic, at least one that has shown to be somewhat capable. 

Anyway, onwards and upwards!!