https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cairney - 2nd half hero?

Started by Whitesideup, November 01, 2022, 10:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeenCottager

Quote from: Wolf on November 02, 2022, 09:03:26 AM
Quote from: clarkey on November 01, 2022, 12:49:43 PM
He is the erfect player to bring on. If we are winning he can control the possession and if we need to press for a winner he is able to exploit a tired defence with those passes.

Just makes you marvel at how badly Parker handled him, Mitro and Neeskens.

Premier League matches played 2020/21 Scottie Parker season

Tom Cairney 9 starts, 1 sub app
Aleksandar Mitrovic 13 starts, 14 sub
Neeskens Kebanoo 1 start, 4 sub
Tim Ream 7 starts

Crikey.

No defence of SP at all but some TC (and maybe Mitro?) were injured of some of that campaign, with Neeskens on loan to Boro?

Doesn't hide the fact of the OP though- Parker was awful, long live Marco Silva

Whitesideup

Quote from: Twig on November 02, 2022, 03:11:34 PM
I don't understand why the thread title hasn't been corrected.  IT'S CAIRNEY FOR GOODNESS SAKES!
My apologies for a simple spelling mistake. My apologies for not living on this forum and that this is such a source of frustration. But I do other things that take me away from my laptop, sometimes for days on end ......

Skatzoffc

I always marvel at the number of different ways his name can be erroneously spelt.

Lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: perry geyton on November 01, 2022, 11:05:55 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 01, 2022, 05:41:34 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on November 01, 2022, 05:05:59 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 01, 2022, 04:38:32 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on November 01, 2022, 03:59:40 PM
I'd like to see us start with him in a game but problem is who do you drop ?
No way Harrison, no way Jao,
Perreira is the only one but I wouldn't wanna drop him either purely for his set pieces alone,,,
But that would be who I would drop if I was going too
Id give it a try against the right team

Man City away could be the correct game to do this

Man City away is the very last game we should be starting Cairney in, we can expect to have very little of the ball, so need a mobile and aggressive midfield three - Pereira, Reed, Palhinha. As ever Cairney will have a role off the bench, hopefully we can keep it at 0-0 till 60 mins.
My reason for saying that is cos Cairney can retain the ball,

But he won't win the ball back as effectively as the other 3 and that will be more important.
That's what Harrison and Jao are for, less so Perreira, TC can hold onto the ball and keep it and cool things down, I remember a specific game a few years ago in the Prem against Man Utd. and he controlled the game brilliantly
Perreira tends to be more gung ho IMO

Perreira leads the press effectively from the front and does a great job defensively, so would definitely be the better option for this game. Pressing is a key part of our game.

perry geyton

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 03, 2022, 11:49:21 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on November 01, 2022, 11:05:55 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 01, 2022, 05:41:34 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on November 01, 2022, 05:05:59 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 01, 2022, 04:38:32 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on November 01, 2022, 03:59:40 PM
I'd like to see us start with him in a game but problem is who do you drop ?
No way Harrison, no way Jao,
Perreira is the only one but I wouldn't wanna drop him either purely for his set pieces alone,,,
But that would be who I would drop if I was going too
Id give it a try against the right team

Man City away could be the correct game to do this

Man City away is the very last game we should be starting Cairney in, we can expect to have very little of the ball, so need a mobile and aggressive midfield three - Pereira, Reed, Palhinha. As ever Cairney will have a role off the bench, hopefully we can keep it at 0-0 till 60 mins.
My reason for saying that is cos Cairney can retain the ball,

But he won't win the ball back as effectively as the other 3 and that will be more important.
That's what Harrison and Jao are for, less so Perreira, TC can hold onto the ball and keep it and cool things down, I remember a specific game a few years ago in the Prem against Man Utd. and he controlled the game brilliantly
Perreira tends to be more gung ho IMO

Perreira leads the press effectively from the front and does a great job defensively, so would definitely be the better option for this game. Pressing is a key part of our game.

IYO

perry geyton

Quote from: Bracken White on November 01, 2022, 06:13:16 PM
A tad flummoxed by many people's opinion of Cairney. Personally, I believe he's top drawer & just calling on his expertise for the last 20 mins of a match, is something of a waste of resources. His footballing nous, skills & vision are traits that we would benefit from the start. In short, he's a better footballer than many give him credit for.
1000%
I think it comes from his previous knee injury although he is clearly well over it
People can't seem to get over the fact and have almost written him off

It's quiet bizzare

Twig

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 03, 2022, 09:10:16 AM
I don't understand why the thread title hasn't been corrected.  IT'S CAIRNEY FOR GOODNESS SAKES!
My apologies for a simple spelling mistake. My apologies for not living on this forum and that this is such a source of frustration. But I do other things that take me away from my laptop, sometimes for days on end ......

He's our Captain for heaven's sake and has been for years.  His name is hardly difficult, can I suggest you would be better just apologising, correcting your error and leaving out the childish sarcasm?

Whitesideup

Quote from: Twig on November 03, 2022, 09:21:25 PM

He's our Captain for heaven's sake and has been for years.  His name is hardly difficult, can I suggest you would be better just apologising, correcting your error and leaving out the childish sarcasm?
Dear Twig. I assure you I can do far better than that had I been trying. In the meantime, get a life.

Twig

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 04, 2022, 04:10:26 PM
Quote from: Twig on November 03, 2022, 09:21:25 PM

Dear Twig. I assure you I can do far better than that had I been trying. In the meantime, get a life.

Sorry Westsideop but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect you to show due respect to the players you purport to support by learning to spell their names correctly.

Hatch007

Twig and Whiteside, lighten up chaps and get a room 😂❤️