watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are cursed

Started by ChesterTheTabby, November 05, 2022, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Why can we never see out these kind of games? Robinson, so silly to over commit against a ballerina team like City, and really against anyone in the box like that. We were SO close, but this team always finds a way to throw it away. I am so depressed and annoyed. Vent complete.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 05, 2022, 05:02:03 PM
Why can we never see out these kind of games? Robinson, so silly to over commit against a ballerina team like City, and really against anyone in the box like that. We were SO close, but this team always finds a way to throw it away. I am so depressed and annoyed. Vent complete.
Sure , at the end we seemed to give away a point but I for one thought we were in for a real good hiding today and never expected the game to be that close.

The real concern is how many players are going to miss the next game because of injuries and yellows.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: filham on November 05, 2022, 05:11:26 PM
Sure , at the end we seemed to give away a point but I for one thought we were in for a real good hiding today and never expected the game to be that close.

The real concern is how many players are going to miss the next game because of injuries and yellows.

I just said this to my mate as my BP came down. Had Cancelo not been silly, and even if he gave away the PK and didn't get a red, I hate to say this outloud, we were going to get ROCKED, penalty or not. We held on against 10 men as if they had an additional player on the pitch. City were so obviously the better team, and are the world's best no doubt about it.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bill taylors apprentice

That's football I'm afraid!

We couldn't keep the ball for any length of time, too many lightweight challenges and a lack of ambition going forward.

Silly challenge from a player who is generally playing well but has a habit of doing this (not always in the box) and when playing on the edge someone was going to stick out a leg.

As bad as it feels, it could have been so much worse.

Palhinha Colada

We're not cursed. We had one player make a tired, needless foul (KDB dive enhancement notwithstanding) and another fail to make what by penalty standards was a simple save.

That's just not being good enough when it matters. Hopefully lesson learned.

cottage expat

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 05, 2022, 05:12:57 PM
Quote from: filham on November 05, 2022, 05:11:26 PM

I just said this to my mate as my BP came down. Had Cancelo not been silly, and even if he gave away the PK and didn't get a red, I hate to say this outloud, we were going to get ROCKED, penalty or not. We held on against 10 men as if they had an additional player on the pitch. City were so obviously the better team, and are the world's best no doubt about it.

Quote from: Palhinha Colada on November 05, 2022, 05:59:01 PM
We're not cursed. We had one player make a tired, needless foul (KDB dive enhancement notwithstanding) and another fail to make what by penalty standards was a simple save.

That's just not being good enough when it matters. Hopefully lesson learned.

+1

Sgt Fulham

Never a penalty, we were robbed. Make no doubt about it.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 05, 2022, 10:29:36 PM

it was 100% a penalty. no idea how you actually wrote ' never a penalty'

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Sammyffc on November 06, 2022, 12:22:19 AM

If you're talking about De Bruyne's penalty then you need to take a good look at yourself. One of the softest most ridiculous penalties I've ever seen given wtf

Bill2

Quote from: Sammyffc on November 06, 2022, 12:22:19 AM

It was the softest of touches and he went over, Robinsons contact was with the back of KDB's heel and he went over like he had been shoved in the back, clear dive but there was contact. Had he been going in on goal he would even have not noticed it, a clever cheating player but he is no alone in that.