watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Haaland & Wolf

Started by bog, November 04, 2022, 09:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

How can we win? Well I have a cunning plan. Haaland can only score goals if he gets the service with Pep telling him to 'just' stay up front. So 'we' have to work flat out to try to prevent as much as possible from reaching him. 'They' have looked vulnerable to pace at the back so our wolf in football kit could be Dan James. Long ball out from back and rocket propelled man, he's away....0-1 emm. COYW!    049:gif

Just about to take my medication....

092.gif     

cookieg

Ream will have him in his pocket. Haaland will be so frustrated at how he has been "found out" by our heroic captain he will retire from football and become a monk in Tibet devoting his time to sick animals and praying for world peace. Or.......

filham

Leave the planning to City, they are shaking in their boots trying to see how to play against a team that haven't lost for 3 games, and have a clean sheet in one and scored 3 in each of the other two.
I have just taken my medication.

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on November 04, 2022, 09:23:47 AM
How can we win? Well I have a cunning plan. Haaland can only score goals if he gets the service with Pep telling him to 'just' stay up front. So 'we' have to work flat out to try to prevent as much as possible from reaching him. 'They' have looked vulnerable to pace at the back so our wolf in football kit could be Dan James. Long ball out from back and rocket propelled man, he's away....0-1 emm. COYW!    049:gif

You are so right Captain- I've got FFC down for that score on my Super 6

Just about to take my medication....

092.gif     
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

I hope our defence is as strong as my medication.....I may be hallucinating come 5-55....  :016:

perry geyton

Any other team I currently feel optimistic that we can get something out of them BUT Man City away too me is almost a write off, if I was sensible I probably would make plans and do something else to avoid the misery on Saturday but of coarse I won't, if they score in 10
Mins  or are 2 up in the first half hour I may well just turn it off ....

But there's always still that very slight glimmer of hope 🙏🏼

RaySmith

Last time I saw us there, they went 1 up inside the first couple of minutes - Seri gave the ball away. They were all over us, and I think the final score was 4-0.
I think Joka was manager.

I've also seen us win there, in the Great Escape, and another time after that I think.

Was thinking of going tomorrow, I don't live that far away, but the train strike put me off.
Wish I was though - I always have belief especially this team, under Silva, but we all know defeat is no disgrace v City.
A point would be great.

COYW

Bill2

Quote from: RaySmith on November 04, 2022, 02:53:03 PM
Last time I saw us there, they went 1 up inside the first couple of minutes - Seri gave the ball away. They were all over us, and I think the final score was 4-0.
I think Joka was manager.

I've also seen us win there, in the Great Escape, and another time after that I think.

Was thinking of going tomorrow, I don't live that far away, but the train strike put me off.
Wish I was though - I always have belief especially this team, under Silva, but we all know defeat is no disgrace v City.
A point would be great.

COYW
Remember that game I was watching it in a bar in Turkey and yes Seri did a great pass to one of their forwards which split our defence, best pass he had all day.
Personally believe it will give some of our players a chance to show their worth with Robinson and Tete showing they re the best pair of full backs in the Prem and Paulinho showing how good he is. Then Pep will be queueing up in Jan to break the bank to buy them.

Whitesideup

Good idea Bog. My son is going to the game and is facing a dilemma though. He has a small investment in the Fulham win at 2-1 at 55-1,but thinks he may be underestimating our performance and thinks maybe he should add 3-1 win at 125-1 into the equation. What medication would you advise?

bog

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 04, 2022, 04:25:47 PM
Good idea Bog. My son is going to the game and is facing a dilemma though. He has a small investment in the Fulham win at 2-1 at 55-1,but thinks he may be underestimating our performance and thinks maybe he should add 3-1 win at 125-1 into the equation. What medication would you advise?

Good luck to your son! I recommend one that makes you glide home on a cloud regardless.....mind you if 0-1........ :022: :003:

Good luck to all who are going   049:gif

Whitesideup

Quote from: bog on November 04, 2022, 04:34:25 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on November 04, 2022, 04:25:47 PM

Good luck to your son! I recommend one that makes you glide home on a cloud regardless.....mind you if 0-1........ :022: :003:

Good luck to all who are going   049:gif
We'd be quite happy with the 0-1 !!!