watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Brighton

Started by bog, November 10, 2022, 09:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Brighton like us are not where they are supposed to be. We should be 18th and shipping goals galore and sinking back to where we cometh from. One match report said we 'are a horrible side to play against' and another 'Mitro only scores the goals that should not be  scored in the Premier League'. P*** off!

Brighton are really going well. On BBC sports news this morn at 6-35 and then 7-35 comments were made on last night's Carrabo Cup results, The mighty City, Spuds, Wham, Liver were mentioned but nothing on Brighton's 3-1 away win at one of the sides going for the title. Okay this cup may not be high on the must win things for Arsenal but not to even mention irritates. If I was a Seagulls fan I would not be happy.   :031:

Thank you and good night           

Bassey the warrior

Always had a soft spot for Brighton ever since Potter took over and I like the look of the new manager as well, so glad to see them doing well. I have a lot of respect for smaller clubs that play good football.

filham

Good to see the smaller clubs doing well. Come the end of the season my priority is of course to see fulham in a safe position and then I would love to see a couple of the big six teams not in the top six.

Chrisjo

I live in East Sussex and have a friend who is a Brighton supporter so I occasionally accompany him to the Amex to watch Brighton. It's a nice stadium as far as modern built arenas go and it is always friendly with good facilities. I went and watched them thrash Chelsea 4-1 the other week and that was the next best thing to a Fulham win!!!

bog

What times they went through when Bellotti was there and they sold the Goldstone and ended up at The Withdean. I went to the Amex when they were pushing for promotion from the Championship. Totally dominated and lost 2-1! Kevin Mac scored for us. I like the stadium. Good luck to them.    :54:

It may be of interest that the best home attendance at The Goldstone was V Fulham, Easter in 1959 we last again 3-2 

092.gif

DadCreature

Quote from: bog on November 10, 2022, 09:19:50 AM
Brighton like us are not where they are supposed to be. We should be 18th and shipping goals galore and sinking back to where we cometh from. One match report said we 'are a horrible side to play against' and another 'Mitro only scores the goals that should not be  scored in the Premier League'. P*** off!

Brighton are really going well. On BBC sports news this morn at 6-35 and then 7-35 comments were made on last night's Carrabo Cup results, The mighty City, Spuds, Wham, Liver were mentioned but nothing on Brighton's 3-1 away win at one of the sides going for the title. Okay this cup may not be high on the must win things for Arsenal but not to even mention irritates. If I was a Seagulls fan I would not be happy.   :031:

Thank you and good night         
Happy for BHA (as long as they finish beneath us . . .) but I wouldn't put much stock into the Useless Cup.  Given the massive fixture congestion, I saw Chelsea fans yesterday cheering when City scored on them.   They really wanted out of that competition.   

ffcthereligion

Quote from: DadCreature on November 10, 2022, 02:10:52 PM
Quote from: bog on November 10, 2022, 09:19:50 AM

Thank you and good night         
Happy for BHA (as long as they finish beneath us . . .) but I wouldn't put much stock into the Useless Cup.  Given the massive fixture congestion, I saw Chelsea fans yesterday cheering when City scored on them.   They really wanted out of that competition.   

This is very problematic in my opinion. Shows how easy it is for the big managers carping and whining about congestion to infiltrate the minds of the masses.