more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Call Ups

Started by Jims Dentist, November 10, 2022, 08:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: Gezza on November 11, 2022, 11:13:35 AM
Anyway going back to my original question, do any of the historians amongst you know if we have ever previously had as many as 6 (or 7) players selected to attend the World Cup ?  I don't think we have but could be wrong.

I think the most previously was 5 in 2010 (Dikgacoi, Etuhu, Dempsey, Schwarzer and Pantsil).  I would be happy to be proved wrong but I don't think a FFC player has been selected for an England World Cup squad since 1966.

alfie

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 11, 2022, 12:33:49 PM
Ruiz is 37 and still captain of the national side.  Good on him.

I also agree with Twig.
Blimey didn't realise he was that old.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FulhamKC

Quote from: alfie on November 11, 2022, 03:58:08 PM

I also agree with Twig.

He currently plays for his original club team Alajuelense in the Costa Rican Primera Division. He has just under 150 caps for Costa Rica. Still very crafty when I have seen him play for Costa Rica but does not usually play the entire 90 minutes as would be expected at this point.

filham

Six to Eight players going to the World Cup, the worry is how many will return fresh and fit to play against Palace on Boxing Day.

alfie

Quote from: filham on November 11, 2022, 07:04:47 PM
Six to Eight players going to the World Cup, the worry is how many will return fresh and fit to play against Palace on Boxing Day.
Best not to worry about it. They may all come back in great shape, ready to storm the league.
(Well in my dream that's how it works)
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Colton F.C.

Quote from: FulhamKC on November 11, 2022, 04:16:41 PM

I also agree with Twig.

He currently plays for his original club team Alajuelense in the Costa Rican Primera Division. He has just under 150 caps for Costa Rica. Still very crafty when I have seen him play for Costa Rica but does not usually play the entire 90 minutes as would be expected at this point.

Not a lot of miles on the clock at his FFC tenure.

Southcoastffc

Luke Harris will no longer be travelling with the Wales squad due to personal reasons.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mullers OG

The list of former players going to the World Cup is missing the legend who is Denis Odoi - selected in the Ghana squad.

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: Mullers OG on November 11, 2022, 09:01:08 PM
The list of former players going to the World Cup is missing the legend who is Denis Odoi - selected in the Ghana squad.
##

Ghana squad not yet formally announced........

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: FulhamKC on November 11, 2022, 04:16:41 PM

I also agree with Twig.

Whatever we think of Ruiz, he has achieved a lot in professional football, including appearances at three world cup finals (the upcoming one being the third) and not far short of 800 professional games.

Mullers OG

Denis Odoi going to the World Cup

Fulham33

FFC connection World Cup team
GK - Areola
RB - Odoi / Nico Williams
CB - Andersen
CB - Ream
LB - Robinson
MF - Paulinha
MF - Anguissa
No. 10 - Ruiz
RW - Wilson
CF - Mitro
LW - James

Sub - De La Torre

Not a bad team - Did I miss anybody who has played for us?

filham

Quote from: Gezza on November 10, 2022, 09:51:43 PM
Have we ever come close to sending eight players to a World Cup before ?
Have we ever had so many players from different nations before.

Hatch007

Quote from: Twig on November 11, 2022, 10:51:45 AM
Beat me to it. It really annoys me when so called supporters can't even get close to spelling our players' names correctly. I think it's so disrespectful.

I had some poster telling me I needed to get a life when I asked him to correct a player's name that was misspelled in a thread title.  Well I make no apologies, we should all be able to spell the names of our players.
I'm with you on this. I look up a player's name to check the spelling before posting if I'm not sure. Or I modify my post to correct a mispelt name.

On a scale of 0-10 how much is the spelling of the Mirto: Merged thread winding you up? 😂

alfie

Quote from: Fulham33 on November 15, 2022, 08:49:37 PM
FFC connection World Cup team
GK - Areola
RB - Odoi / Nico Williams
CB - Andersen
CB - Ream
LB - Robinson
MF - Paulinha
MF - Anguissa
No. 10 - Ruiz
RW - Wilson
CF - Mitro
LW - James

Sub - De La Torre

Not a bad team - Did I miss anybody who has played for us?
Did Senderos play for Switzerland in World Cup?
Van Der Sar
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't