watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would we have won with Mitrovic

Started by alfie, November 14, 2022, 10:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Well I'm going to take a different view on this, I believe the way we played in the 2nd was because there was no Mitro, we had to adapt in a different way, it is quite possible with Mitro we could have lost 5 nil, who knows, there was no point in asking any forward to do what Mitro does because there just aren't any like him. Vinicius isn't Mitro, I thought he tried yesterday, had a few good touches, but it must be hard to expect a player to be Mitro, maybe he is just trying to hard and needs to relax a bit.

Anyway that's just a slightly different view.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SuffolkWhite

I think with the players that were missing we would have won not just Mitro added. We have a good first team but the squad needs more depth added.
Rome wasn't built in a day though, and we are doing well.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HamsterWheel

Definitely played differently, even let Tom take a corner when Pereira is way better at landing it in the box.

General

There were a few balls up to our attacking players in the middle of the park where they got crowded out or weren't tall enough to get the ball - mitro would've won a lot of them and dominated their CBs. I think we would've. Having him hold up the ball and put their defenders on the back foot and keeping attacking momentum and being a nuisance would've probably seen us score at least 1 maybe 2 more.

With mitro in the team our average goals scored per game was circa 2. Its now down to 1 since he hurt himself and has stopped playing.

blingo

They could have been out of sight by half time with the chances they wasted. We may or may not have won had metro played. We will never know now.

Bassey the warrior

Maybe, but I actually thought Vinicius did okay. He still needs to work on his hold-up play, but he showed plenty of fight and a decent bit of pace.

We do need the other players to step up providing a threat; Willian for all his great work, often gets in a good position then hits a powder puff shot. Wilson seems very ineffective recently, apart from winning the penalty I can't remember him posing much of a threat. Dan James did well, but that's the first time I've seen him use his pace. Need more goals from Pereira and I don't get why Cairney never shoots, he has a wand of a left foot.

alfie

Quote from: blingo on November 14, 2022, 03:15:41 PM
They could have been out of sight by half time with the chances they wasted. We may or may not have won had metro played. We will never know now.

That is basically my point, all these posts saying we would have won with Mitro, nothing is a certainty, and as I said it would have been a different game and we might have got a thrashing, also we may well have won. It is something we will never know.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: blingo on November 14, 2022, 03:15:41 PM

Agree, if there's a criticism of Silva it's that he didn't adjust to this. We should've dropped our line a bit.

perry geyton

I think we definitely would of done them with AM on the pitch
So many delicious crosses into the box

alfie

Quote from: perry geyton on November 14, 2022, 05:17:25 PM
Mr PG, think about it, if AM was playing it would have been a completely different game style, those delicious crosses as you call them probably would not have happened.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

ffcthereligion

Quote from: alfie on November 14, 2022, 06:00:54 PM
Mr PG, think about it, if AM was playing it would have been a completely different game style, those delicious crosses as you call them probably would not have happened.

Why would we not cross with Mitrovic in the middle and why would it be a different style of play? Is this just me who's missing this?

alfie

Quote from: ffcthereligion on November 14, 2022, 06:09:30 PM
Quote from: alfie on November 14, 2022, 06:00:54 PM

Why would we not cross with Mitrovic in the middle and why would it be a different style of play? Is this just me who's missing this?

Of course there would be crosses not sure about the delicious bit, but we tend to play to Mitro's hold up play, so him not being there we could not do that, it's just my opinion, if you don't agree then that's fine with me.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

BestOfBrede

Mitro would definitely cause their defence more issues but he would have made no difference to their last gasp goal! That was us just not learning that with a minute or two left you clear the ball anywhere for safety, take a yellow for the team when needed (outside the box obviously) and not have everyone charging forward in overconfidence