watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stansfield

Started by tonywildman, October 08, 2022, 04:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY Rock ????

What amazes me is that you want to correct people for typo errors on a football forum. G.A.L.Y.O.C let's see if you can decipher this anagram  064.gif

Andy S

Personally I cannot believe that people come out of school and write "should of" instead of "should Have" but if people understand them why should I complain. Also I'm amazed at the spelling of " there" "their" and "they're" . it seems that anything goes on texting and web sites. But maybe some of it is down to predictive text. But will it matter a jot if Putin sends a bomb over?

St Eve

Pluto

Apparently a great goal too!

LC

I didn't think he looked out of his depth when he played for us earlier this season. Hopefully he can get 15+ goals and can come back and contribute with us next season 

Cambridge Away

Plymouth and Exeter are 1st and 8th. When have those western clubs ever been so good?

vancouver

big fan, however I cant think of the last player we loaned out that made the grade at Fulham in the prem

Wolf

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 08, 2022, 11:20:06 PM
Don't overlook what must be a huge emotional pull of playing at Exeter, wearing the no. 9 shirt.

That's likely why he chose to go on loan to Exeter rather than a L1 club expected to be at the higher end of the table. But its not a reason to leave a PL club, it would mean mid-table in L1 is the ceiling of his ambition - and he seems to be our best prospect (now Fossey has gone 🤣)
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Deeping_white

Quote from: Wolf on October 12, 2022, 09:38:09 AM
Don't overlook what must be a huge emotional pull of playing at Exeter, wearing the no. 9 shirt.

That's likely why he chose to go on loan to Exeter rather than a L1 club expected to be at the higher end of the table. But its not a reason to leave a PL club, it would mean mid-table in L1 is the ceiling of his ambition - and he seems to be our best prospect (now Fossey has gone 🤣)

There's some real mental gymnastics there to suggest a teenager has no ambition in his career because at 19 he's gone to continue his dad's legacy at his boyhood club. Harry Kane was playing L1/championship football at the same age and it didn't do him any harm

Sting of the North

Quote from: vancouver on October 12, 2022, 02:22:38 AM
big fan, however I cant think of the last player we loaned out that made the grade at Fulham in the prem

While not maybe having made the grade in the PL, Rodak had some good loan experiences that seemingly was to our benefit. Otherwise, both Sessegnon and Carvalho went basically straight into the first team instead of going on loan, but I believe that is more of an exception than a rule for young footballers in general.

I think first and foremost what should be considered is that FFC has been in a difficult spot when introducing youngsters for several years since we have constantly been fighting for promotion or relegation. I think some sort of mid table stability would make it a lot easier to gradually have young players getting into the team.

Secondly, for several years it seems we have kept many of our brightest talents in the development team instead of sending them on loan. Fortunately, that approach may finally be altered. Hopefully we will see the benefit of this in a season or two as I believe there is no better way of learning than to play with actual professionals.

Wolf

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 12, 2022, 09:41:52 AM
Quote from: Wolf on October 12, 2022, 09:38:09 AM

There's some real mental gymnastics there to suggest a teenager has no ambition in his career because at 19 he's gone to continue his dad's legacy at his boyhood club. Harry Kane was playing L1/championship football at the same age and it didn't do him any harm

Not at all. I've inferred that Southcoastffc is stating Jay Stansfield may want to be at Exeter on a permanent basis, rather than a club at a higher level. It still reads that to me when read in order of the postings. Few players want to play below their level or minimise their potential. He probably could have got significant game time at a decent Championship club this season, but chose Exeter (my use of "leave" is on a permanent basis, your mental gymnastics have interpreted it as the loan.  Just don't expect to see him back at Exeter for a decade.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

jayffc

Another assists for the lad...this time the last minute winner

12 league games
4 goals
4 assists

Andy S

Keep up the good work Jay

MikeTheCubed

Bowie also scored the 2nd goal against Gillingham which leaves them 3rd from bottom.

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on October 08, 2022, 08:56:07 PM
There are plenty of other spelling mistakes on here so don't be too picky

It's not about being picky, other spelling errors are neither here nor there but, as I've said before, it's disrespectful to misspell the names of our players.

Twig

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on October 10, 2022, 03:04:43 AM
What amazes me is that you want to correct people for typo errors on a football forum. G.A.L.Y.O.C let's see if you can decipher this anagram  064.gif

It's our players name and we surely can at least spell that correctly?

perry geyton

I thought he should of stayed and showed promising signs when called upon, if Harvey Elliot can do it he can do it

The Old Count

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on October 10, 2022, 03:04:43 AM
It's not an anagram it's an acronym.  Greetings from pedant's corner.

filham

Right now it is hard to say who would make the best replacement for an injured Mitro, Stansfield, Muniz or Vinicius. It looks as if none of the three are up to it, although a good performance today by Vinicius could change things.
Otherwise Silva must start thinking about signing yet another striker to cover for Mitro as this weakness could prove to be our Achilles Heel and result in relegation.

jayffc

And the EFL young player of the month award goes to....

You guessed it!
Well done Jay!