watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you take Ronaldo

Started by Thailand Mick, November 15, 2022, 11:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thailand Mick

It's looking like Ronaldo has kicked his last ball for united. So if we end up with the unfortunate scenario of Mitro coming back from the world Cup injured and potentially missing many games would you take Ronaldo for the rest of the season as it will be very difficult to find someone good enough to fill the void.

General

We couldn't afford him and he wouldn't come, but if he decided he wanted to find the joy back in football and play for a club that appreciated him and that he could build something significant at and he didn't kick the toys out of the pram then I think, weirdly enough, that Fulham would be a good fit for him.

Family values, Portuguese speaking contingent and playing a good style of football under a manager who's doing well at the moment.

That said, it's unlikely unless he stops focusing on wanting to be the world's most decorated and celebrated footballer and just wants to play, which i'm not 100% sure he does. 

Would be amazing to sign him, similar to signing Berbatov, but he needs to fit the clubs culture. Would boost clubs coffers and profile no end and also boost players confidence and skill level at all ages of the club I imagine if it went well.

Tempest

Yes, he pays for himself from a marketing point of view, even a deal to the end of the season, wouldn't happen but players like him, short term would be great for almost any club.

As long as our chef was up to standard then he'd be happy here.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Sting of the North

Nope, Ronaldo has increasingly become a pure luxury player. Works very little for the team, and would not contribute much at all to our pressing game. I would see him as a bad fit. Not that he would lower himself to play for Fulham. The man can't even be bothered to honour his current contract with one of the worlds giants. We are Fulham, not FC Ronaldo. We have been down this path before, and we have maybe finally recovered from it.

filham

No thanks , he would immediately put our great team spirit at risk and the grounds man may have a problem disposing of all those toys he keeps throwing out of his pram.

put our great team spirit at risk

Deeping_white

Aside from the fact we'd be able to offer him about a fifth at best of what he currently earns, I think he'd want European football rather than a mid table PL team. Would be a good signing but then you run into the issue of Ronaldo and Mitro both playing in the same position and Mitro is our talisman so he's hardly going to want to be benched for him, and Ronaldo isn't going to want to come here and be on the bench either even if he's getting quite old now. So basically it would never happen but he would obviously be a decent signing

Thailand Mick

Interesting views, I actually meant take him for just the remainder of the season (5 months) to cover an injured Mitro. I'm sure if he's still playing next season he will want a club in the champions league.

hovewhite

Thailand Mick

Quote from: hovewhite on November 15, 2022, 12:23:03 PM
Pie in the sky,wouldn't anyway.
Bobby Moore, George Best, Van der sar, Berbatov probably all thought of at the time as pie in the sky.

alfie

The guy was the best in the world which most of us took pleasure In watching, but now unfortunately he seems to have this air about him that comes across as being bigger than the club, especially doing an interview with that Morgan person. Personally I believe he would be a disruptive influence within our squad. In saying all that wouldn't it be lovely to see him enter the pitch in a Fulham shirt, the sort of feelings I had when seeing George Best and Bobby Moore in Fulham shirts.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamfever

Yes, we seem to be getting the best out of so-called finished players lately

Cambridge Away

I reckon Mitro for Ronaldo plus £75m would be a good deal. Isn't Ronaldo on a free anyway?

He'd ensure the Riverside would be full every week!

Cambridge Away

Quote from: alfie on November 15, 2022, 12:34:01 PM
The guy was the best in the world which most of us took pleasure In watching, but now unfortunately he seems to have this air about him that comes across as being bigger than the club, especially doing an interview with that Morgan person. Personally I believe he would be a disruptive influence within our squad. In saying all that wouldn't it be lovely to see him enter the pitch in a Fulham shirt, the sort of feelings I had when seeing George Best and Bobby Moore in Fulham shirts.
I agree he has a huge ego (and would probably be diagnosed as clinically depressed at this time). But, as far as the comparison with an egotistical (and equally depressed) Berbatov (coming to the end of his shelf life), i get the feeling this would be a different; purely because Marco Silva is no Martin Jol. Jol was also coming to the end of his shelf life as a manager and really had no idea what to do with Berbatov.

The problems we had with Berbatov were funnily enough exactly the same as Man U seem to have had with Ronaldo when he came. An ageing superstar (bigger than the club) joining a slightly unsettled club (with owners considering a sale), with a manager who didn't know what he was doing.  With Marco Silva i think we are so settled we would get the best out of Ronaldo and it might work (plus i reckon he has another 3 or 4 years left in him at this level). Although i think he is more likely to join a budget champions league side like Copenhagen Or go to the US right? I wouldn't put it past Tony to sign him though. He just signed the biggest female wrestler in the history of the sport!

Cambridge Away

Quote from: fulhamfever on November 15, 2022, 01:37:40 PM
Yes, we seem to be getting the best out of so-called finished players lately

I think we give ourselves too much credit for curing Willian. I reckon he was decent just before he came to us. We just had a good eye.

wback

It's never, ever going to happen because of money and ego, but he'd enjoy playing for us I think.

Still, given Mitro, that we're not really much worse than Man Utd at the moment, that we're only going to play 1 up front, and that he's no longer a winger, we'd only see him on the bench.

Impact sub!

perry geyton

That'd be worse then Berbatov for the dressing room
Wouldn't touch him with a barge poll

WhiteJC

I'd quite like him to go to Chelsea  :dft011:

Southcoastffc

Good Lord, NO!  His ego wouldn't fit in the CC changing rooms.  As others have said, I'd expect him to fracture our squad spirit.   In terms of footballing talent and ability he's great but he's not for us thanks.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.