watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you take Ronaldo

Started by Thailand Mick, November 15, 2022, 11:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Putney_

Yes, he'd be a great portuguese addition.  And a good striker.

LC

I can't believe people are saying no lol.

Of course we would take him. The amount of exposure for the club would be huge and the amount of commercial/shirt sales would give the club enormous funds- even after taking into account his wages.

Not to mention the fact that he would score you over 20 goals a season

sunburywhite

Yes - down to the end of Southend Pier
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fulham 442

His ego is just too big... He is a great player and a great athlete but his sense of self gets in the way.  I admire what he has done in his career and how fit he has kept himself but he is not a team player and don't forget his has his eye on claiming a Champions League record.  He won't get that with us.

Woolly Mammoth

There are nowhere near enough mirrors in Fulhams dressing room for Ronaldo.
Fulham would have to treble the mount of mirrors in every room just to
get him interested, assuming he has even heard of us in the first place.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

No he was a good player and possibly still is but ha plays for himself. He is not a team player

General

Quote from: LC on November 15, 2022, 03:57:53 PM
I can't believe people are saying no lol.

Of course we would take him. The amount of exposure for the club would be huge and the amount of commercial/shirt sales would give the club enormous funds- even after taking into account his wages.

Not to mention the fact that he would score you over 20 goals a season

Not to mention the lifelong club association with one of the greatest players ever seen - that would last multiple lifetimes. Fulham are still milking Johnny Haynes, Rodney Marsh and George best amongst others as well as Pele having played at the cottage once.

Having Ronaldo at the club for half a season or more would be huge for the club in that context let alone current profile.

I love the club, people know about fulham the world over and a club is bigger than any player, but Ronaldos reputation reaches far far further than anything we've built.

The amount of young players who have grown up idolising him and mimicking his goal celebrations are ridiculous. One of the most revered players in history in the most played sport globally.

You'd be mad to not give it a go.

Sgt Fulham

fcuk no!!! We have a great thing going, why ruin it with a washed out ego who thinks he's better than us

RaySmith

Still a top player, though - can still come on and create a goal out of nothing.

Can't see him coming to Fulham though. Well, I think he'd have to have a different attitude for Silva to play him.

I remember Berbatov coming, and many were critical of him, and his effect on the team, although his brilliant goals helped keep us up in his first season with us, and he often did incredible things. But in his second season he lost interest, and soon left, and did we go down that season?

Highly unlikely that Ronaldo will come here anyway.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Thailand Mick

Enjoyed reading the feedback but was very surprised so many think for 5 months he would be a disruptive influence. Before this season and his break down in the relationship with people at utd I thought he had been the perfect professional at all his clubs. Yes he has a big ego but he already is a team mate with Palhinha and possibly knows perriera from man utd days and all the Portuguese staff we have. Regarding the rest of the players, to be offered to play with a world class player knowing it would only be for 5 months gives them the opportunity to learn from one of the greatest and it would benefit all of them if he helps keep us up, I would think they would be excited about the prospect. As already stated by other posters it would enhance the profile of the club and inturn the rest of our players profiles. So if we lost Mitro for the rest of the season through injury do you think we would have a better chance of staying up with Ronaldo or without.

Mr White

Quote from: _Putney_ on November 15, 2022, 03:49:29 PM
Yes, he'd be a great portuguese addition.  And a good striker.

I'd sooner take a tin of Portuguese sardines.

WindyCity

Interesting discussion, something that likely won't happen, got a chuckle from one of the posters here saying he probably doesn't even know who we (FFC) are.  That said, the only downside I could see, if he did figure out who we are and agreed to play here, is team cohesion and unity.  Keeping a proper and happy locker room.  That is largely the job of MS.  And hopefully the players as well, acting in a 'professional' manner.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: WindyCity on November 17, 2022, 05:13:50 PM
Interesting discussion, something that likely won't happen, got a chuckle from one of the posters here saying he probably doesn't even know who we (FFC) are.  That said, the only downside I could see, if he did figure out who we are and agreed to play here, is team cohesion and unity.  Keeping a proper and happy locker room.  That is largely the job of MS.  And hopefully the players as well, acting in a 'professional' manner.
As almost any professional footballer would tell you, that cohesion and togetherness is worth 10-15 points per season, why would anyone risk it?

Twig

WindyCity

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on November 17, 2022, 05:20:45 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on November 17, 2022, 05:13:50 PM
As almost any professional footballer would tell you, that cohesion and togetherness is worth 10-15 points per season, why would anyone risk it?

I wouldn't risk it, BUT, you're assuming the worst.  How do we know that MS couldn't (or could) keep a happy locker room? 

Cambridge Away

I think Ronaldo has a bit of a messiah complex. I reckon that is the reason he chose Man U over Man City. He believed he could single handedly influence the team to get back to winning the league. I think it is the reason he will probably still pick a place where he can be more of a messiah, than a club like ours (doing well) that might be able to afford to bench him for any indiscretions (even without Mitrovic). A perhaps bigger, yet struggling club, that will allow his massive ego the space it needs in the changing rooms (out of desperation for his help), will be what he goes for. Which will have the same effect as at Man U. It's a shame, because if he could be a bit more humble, he would love it in London.

Oakeshott

Extraordinarily unlikely, but if by some chance the money was in principle handled (by United essentially paying most of his wages one way or the other) it would be worthwhile our manager having a serious conversation with him.

If Marco was satisfied that he genuinely wanted to enjoy playing football his (Marco's) way and would be a team player, he would be by far the best player we've ever had, including JH. Berbatov was a good player but in my view not in the same class as Ronaldo.

bobbo

No from me he's too far up his own backside . He'd want it all about him just as he has all through his career .
Not denying his talent just NO.
1975 just leaving home full of hope