https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you take Ronaldo

Started by Thailand Mick, November 15, 2022, 11:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thailand Mick

Quote from: fulhamfan on November 24, 2022, 03:51:22 PM
hows this 3 pages? - No
probably because he splits opinions, mainly between his ability and his arrogance

cwindsor

Quote from: Twig on November 24, 2022, 05:07:21 PM
Quote from: cwindsor on November 19, 2022, 05:53:56 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on November 19, 2022, 11:52:34 AM
Quote from: cwindsor on November 19, 2022, 05:16:48 AM
"Would you take Ronaldo?"

In a heart beat.

I thought Willian was a very good idea, as well.  As I seem to remember, many on here were not too keen on him, either.

I don't think they are in any way comparable, apart from the fact that they are reasonably close in age...

Other than being incredibly talented footballers? And speaking Portuguese, of course, which works well with Marco.

Ronaldo's wage demands would be massively different from Willian's.  Even with no transfer fee our FFP situation would be royally rogered with his wages!

His revenue generating ability would also be massively different from Willian's, as someone in this thread has already pointed out.

Ticket sales, merchandise, and general publicity and exposure for FFC would be through the roof.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cwindsor on November 25, 2022, 02:02:23 AM
Quote from: Twig on November 24, 2022, 05:07:21 PM
Quote from: cwindsor on November 19, 2022, 05:53:56 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on November 19, 2022, 11:52:34 AM
Quote from: cwindsor on November 19, 2022, 05:16:48 AM
"Would you take Ronaldo?"

In a heart beat.

I thought Willian was a very good idea, as well.  As I seem to remember, many on here were not too keen on him, either.

I don't think they are in any way comparable, apart from the fact that they are reasonably close in age...

Other than being incredibly talented footballers? And speaking Portuguese, of course, which works well with Marco.

Ronaldo's wage demands would be massively different from Willian's.  Even with no transfer fee our FFP situation would be royally rogered with his wages!

His revenue generating ability would also be massively different from Willian's, as someone in this thread has already pointed out.

Ticket sales, merchandise, and general publicity and exposure for FFC would be through the roof.

I agree but the club would have to build another dressing room for him alone and widen the doors and main gate to accommodate his inflated ego.
Having said all that although his initial impact on the field of play may have a positive effect.
His constant diving, cheating, simulating and pretending he is injured would be too embarrassing and detrimental to Fulhams reputation and encourage teams to want to and be more determined to beat us, as his image will be engrained in the Fulham ethos which would be also detrimental to Fulham in the middle to long run.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

the nutflush

No. Would be worse for team spirit than Berbatov was.