watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who do we want home first ?

Started by Riversider, November 15, 2022, 01:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

I would like Ream and Robinson back first.

Wilson and James could use the extra game time.

Either way, I hope they all have good world cups

LC

Quote from: filham on November 15, 2022, 10:04:54 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 15, 2022, 09:14:30 PM
Although I do get the sentiment of this thread, I hope that as many of them go as far as they can in the tournament.

It's the pinnacles of their careers.
Yes, of course you are right it seems selfish of us to wish any of our players a quick exit from the world cup .

However I am worried that come boxing day we could find Mitro and Palhina totally exhausted and carrying injuries after playing in a final, with extra time in extreme heat.

Weirdly enough, Palhinha is not a starter for Portugal, he didn't start many of their previous few games anyway, so if he's not starting he should come back fit- we'll find out soon enough.

Mitrovic might be a problem though.

Riversider

From what I saw today all four of our boys along with Mitrovic could be home by this time next week.

Thailand Mick

So Wilson and James are on their way home, Ream, Robinson and Palhinha are staying. I will be rooting for Mitro and Odoi to get through which would leave us with 5 Fulham hero's to cheer on.

filham

Yes, Wilson and James on their way home not having enjoyed the world cup and not showing good form.
Silva now has a job on his hands in re motivating both of them.

DadCreature

I still want Mitro back now.  We are screwed if he gets hurt.  Many others will hurt, but I fear we would go down without him. 

filham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 24, 2022, 01:42:47 AM
If Mitrovic can win the World Cup, then we might be able to sell him for £90m, which would be great as we can bring in several players.
The money would be spent on players good enough to cover for existing players  and a replacement striker with far less ability than Mitro. The overall team  quality  would not be increased but the bank account would look better.
Essential we keep Mitrio until a better striker is there to replace him.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 24, 2022, 01:42:47 AM
If Mitrovic can win the World Cup, then we might be able to sell him for £90m, which would be great as we can bring in several players.
the problem I see with this is other clubs will know we have that money and will up the price on players we try to sign. You would also have to convince a player as good if not better than Mitro to sign when we are arguably selling our best player. I think if ffp allows us, this summer is where we need to make the leap from also rans to top eight contenders by keeping our best players and adding quality over quantity.

Milo

Mitrovic is the key to our season or we won't score enough goals to be competitive. So it's a simple answer really.