watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we interested in the World Cup Now

Started by filham, November 21, 2022, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I don't know much about the Swiss Arsenal player who seemed to be stirring things up but I hope he didn't hang around the tunnel after the game - would not have ended well for him.

alfie

Quote from: SP on December 03, 2022, 10:53:25 AM
I don't know much about the Swiss Arsenal player who seemed to be stirring things up but I hope he didn't hang around the tunnel after the game - would not have ended well for him.
Or he could have done alright, can't assume that the big man would have done him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SP

Quote from: alfie on December 03, 2022, 12:12:21 PM
Or he could have done alright, can't assume that the big man would have done him.

I was thinking more of what the Serb substitutes would've done to him.

SP

Two more FFC players heading home, well played the Dutch.

JimOG

Quote from: SP on December 03, 2022, 04:40:41 PM

Third goal exposed Robinson's positioning...he has so many strengths but he doesn't 'sniff' danger

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Robinson was marking a player that someone else should have been marking. That left acres of space for the player coming in from the wing and where Robinson should have been.
Not entirely his fault.

F(f)CUK

And then there was one. Just Palhinha left.

DadCreature

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on December 03, 2022, 04:51:12 PM
Robinson was marking a player that someone else should have been marking. That left acres of space for the player coming in from the wing and where Robinson should have been.
Not entirely his fault.
it was a scramble.  Ream stepped up and picked up the player that Jedi was marking (as emergency cover).  Jedi didn't immediately fall back into his wide position.  Admittedly, the US had just subbed out the left mid that should have been the back up there, and out in a forward instead.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Very disappointed with the USA today, thought they would do better.

filham

Quote from: F(f)CUK on December 03, 2022, 04:54:16 PM
And then there was one. Just Palhinha left.
I think Palhina is a sub. with little if any game time so hopefully he is going to avoid injury.
Robinson took a nasty knock today but hopefully plenty of time to the palace game for him to recover.

WindyCity

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on December 03, 2022, 04:56:56 PM

Yeah, I thought so too.  Too bad Pulisic choked at the 2 min mark, had a 1 v 1 sitter.  Rushed it, he probably didn't realize he had some time.  He scores that goal, could have been an entirely different outcome.  Anyway, cap tip to the team, I think they progressed a bit further than some might have expected.  Quite frankly, I think that squad needs a new coach.  Have never been impressed with him.

filham

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on December 03, 2022, 04:56:56 PM
[/quote
The Dutch were well organised and difficult to beat with clinical finishing which won the match. USA needed a bit of luck in the box to turn the match their way.
Another good game though.

RaySmith

Thought Ream and Jedi did very well.

The Dutch had a game plan, sit back and soak up pressure, and hit them on the break.

Thought the USA battled well, but weren't able to unluck the Dutch defence, and left themselves exposed at the back - unlucky with a couple of chances though - Ream nearly scored and it wasn't a header!

alfie

Quote from: SP on December 03, 2022, 01:06:25 PM
Quote from: alfie on December 03, 2022, 12:12:21 PM

I was thinking more of what the Serb substitutes would've done to him.
Ahh yes, see your thinking.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

davew

Quote from: SP on December 03, 2022, 04:40:41 PM
+1, they should have a good rest now!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

YankeeJim

The US is a striker and a coach away from joining the elite. Without Ream, they are the youngest team at the Cup. Pulisic left his A game in the Iranian net and none of the strikers put into the match did a damn thing. The real difference was that the Dutch tracked back as a team and the US didn't. US attackers were always looking at 11 orange shirts while the Dutch seldom had to contend with more then five or six. The coach never made any adjustments. Given that, I thought Ream was pure class and Jedi, despite seemingly tiring at the end was good as well. I have no clue where he was at the last Dutch goal. Ream had the entire left side of the pitch to cover.

Were any Dutch players shorter than 6'2"? They are a big team.

If Pulisic had converted that give away in the first few minutes, would it have made a difference?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 03, 2022, 06:51:10 PM
The US is a striker and a coach away from joining the elite. Without Ream, they are the youngest team at the Cup. Pulisic left his A game in the Iranian net and none of the strikers put into the match did a damn thing. The real difference was that the Dutch tracked back as a team and the US didn't. US attackers were always looking at 11 orange shirts while the Dutch seldom had to contend with more then five or six. The coach never made any adjustments. Given that, I thought Ream was pure class and Jedi, despite seemingly tiring at the end was good as well. I have no clue where he was at the last Dutch goal. Ream had the entire left side of the pitch to cover.

Were any Dutch players shorter than 6'2"? They are a big team.

If Pulisic had converted that give away in the first few minutes, would it have made a difference?

Feel as though the Dutch were always going to win it for the reasons you mentioned above. Berhalter needs to go, and the US doesn't have an out and out goal threat.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

NCSUWhite

Robinson also hurt in that game and had played every minute of the other 3 matches, I think. Either way was poor marking, but credit to the Dutch for their precision.

filham

Another great game between Argentina and Australia. Hard to suggest who will now beat Argentina.
There really are some great matches in this tournament, hope England are not going to let us down tomorrow.

alfie

Quote from: filham on December 03, 2022, 09:13:56 PM
Another great game between Argentina and Australia. Hard to suggest who will now beat Argentina.
There really are some great matches in this tournament, hope England are not going to let us down tomorrow.
Great game? I turned it off at halftime, there was more sideways and back passing than Parker could have done.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't