more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we interested in the World Cup Now

Started by filham, November 21, 2022, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton F.C.

Quote from: jarv on November 21, 2022, 04:57:50 PM
No.  Iran were barely 3rd division standard.  It was like a friendly behind closed doors.

Iran FIFA rating 20th in the world???!!  Surely not more corruption to fix the seeding!
https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/477314/Iran-move-into-FIFA-ranking-top-20

alfie

Quote from: Colton F.C. on November 22, 2022, 08:16:45 AM
Quote from: jarv on November 21, 2022, 04:57:50 PM
No.  Iran were barely 3rd division standard.  It was like a friendly behind closed doors.

Iran FIFA rating 20th in the world???!!  Surely not more corruption to fix the seeding!
https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/477314/Iran-move-into-FIFA-ranking-top-20
It's based on results, the fact they have only played teams of a similar level is irrelevant.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lester Burnham on November 22, 2022, 12:09:41 AM
Quote from: Whitestone on November 21, 2022, 05:15:16 PM
I understand that some have good reasons for not getting involved in this particular World Cup but what I don't get is the negativity towards the England football team, whilst the rest of the world seem to be able to passionately support their country. It's quite strange really.

Getting back to the game, England were magnificent, playing with some style and swagger and were on the front foot from the off. Definitely not the usual Southgate stuff. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the USA v Wales game later and keeping my fingers crossed for a USA win.
+1

Agree
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 22, 2022, 09:07:24 AM
Quote from: Lester Burnham on November 22, 2022, 12:09:41 AM
Quote from: Whitestone on November 21, 2022, 05:15:16 PM
I understand that some have good reasons for not getting involved in this particular World Cup but what I don't get is the negativity towards the England football team, whilst the rest of the world seem to be able to passionately support their country. It's quite strange really.

Getting back to the game, England were magnificent, playing with some style and swagger and were on the front foot from the off. Definitely not the usual Southgate stuff. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the USA v Wales game later and keeping my fingers crossed for a USA win.
+1

Agree
:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamfan

a lot of miserable people in this thread blimey - England normally struggle first game in a tournament whoever the opposition is and to spank a team 6-2 is fantastic. they played brilliant football and made Iran look like part timers.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamfan on November 22, 2022, 11:21:31 AM
a lot of miserable people in this thread blimey - England normally struggle first game in a tournament whoever the opposition is and to spank a team 6-2 is fantastic. they played brilliant football and made Iran look like part timers.

I agree, England made Iran look poor, and every goal we scored was a well worked goal. 

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Check out Saudi - just beat the Argies - and deserved their win - amazing

cmg

Quote from: WindyCity on November 21, 2022, 04:19:57 PM
Didn't see the game, what kind of crowd did they have?

HaHa. Another triumph for FIFA/Qatar.
Official attendance 45,344. Pretty good going for a stadium with an official capacity of 40,000. I think the empty seats counted double.

Logicalman

Quote from: cmg on November 22, 2022, 12:59:07 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on November 21, 2022, 04:19:57 PM
Didn't see the game, what kind of crowd did they have?

HaHa. Another triumph for FIFA/Qatar.
Official attendance 45,344. Pretty good going for a stadium with an official capacity of 40,000. I think the empty seats counted double.

Weird, the official FIFA page (https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/match-centre/match/17/255711/285063/400235461) has attendance as 88,012 at the Lusail Stadium, though everywhere on the web it's claimed that stadium only holdes 80K.

Hmm.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

blingo

Have you accounted for the dead workers buried in the concrete?

hovewhite

I have my St George's flag flying from my flat window am going to enjoy the march to the final, following and watching the fulham players perform.The rest of it not watching.

General

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 21, 2022, 05:05:55 PM
Quote from: alfie on November 21, 2022, 04:49:47 PM
Quote from: davew on November 21, 2022, 04:45:23 PM
Looking forward more to the Wales game and watching some decent players (from Fulham of course). No interest whatsoever in watching the England prima donnas, though I have to confess I did tape the game and watch it at x12 playback speed (lol).
I really do not get this  England "prima donnas"  a great crop of young players doing what they do.

Same.

This is the most engaging, intelligent, eloquent and aware England squad I have ever known.

+1

Mince n Tatties

john dempsey

Rightwhite

At last a sensible post.

SP

And also denied an obvious penalty early on when Maguire was wrestled to the ground.

jarv

England beat the worst team in the tournament, nothing to write home about, until Costa Rica showed up today.

Are the Fulham lads ok, any injuries?

Serbia tomorrow. hope Mitro gets through it ok.

Woolly Mammoth

England made Iran look poor and gave them a good thrashing with a profusion of quality goals.
You can only beat what is in front of you and England did it in style.

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Saudi V Arg
I watched the replay last night, haven't watched many but that game I enjoyed, by far the best atmosphere

perry geyton

Quote from: General on November 23, 2022, 02:13:09 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 21, 2022, 05:05:55 PM
Quote from: alfie on November 21, 2022, 04:49:47 PM
Quote from: davew on November 21, 2022, 04:45:23 PM
Looking forward more to the Wales game and watching some decent players (from Fulham of course). No interest whatsoever in watching the England prima donnas, though I have to confess I did tape the game and watch it at x12 playback speed (lol).
I really do not get this  England "prima donnas"  a great crop of young players doing what they do.

Same.

This is the most engaging, intelligent, eloquent and aware England squad I have ever known.

+1
I watched it at X 24 playback speed