more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we interested in the World Cup Now

Started by filham, November 21, 2022, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatch007

Quote from: filham on November 21, 2022, 06:53:23 PM
I would have thought that low TV viewing figures woould have sent a message to the organisers,
What makes you think that?

The organisers are FIFA and they have already sold the TV broadcasting rights all around the world. The fees are not dependent on viewing figures so it makes no difference to them

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on November 21, 2022, 04:45:23 PM
Looking forward more to the Wales game and watching some decent players (from Fulham of course). No interest whatsoever in watching the England prima donnas, though I have to confess I did tape the game and watch it at x12 playback speed (lol).

Dave, i am sorry mate but i don't understand how you can criticise England at all, they are not prima donnas. in fact they are far from that and have started the competition on the right foot, and i include the left footed players as well.
It's as though you and others are moaning for moaning sake looking for any excuse to criticise, it's ridiculous and so petty and it's getting tedious.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

I don't think people should be conflating their level of interest in this tournament with their opinion of the England team.  Personally I have a lot of time for this young team; they are talented, eloquent and some of their activities away from football are inspiring.  The tournament however leaves me cold. It would be great to win a WC and I think this team has that potential, just a slight shame it is shrouded in controversy.

filham

England v USA, are our loyalties going to be split with Ream and Robinson playing against England or is it a can't lose situation.

alfie

Quote from: filham on November 24, 2022, 09:41:32 AM
England v USA, are our loyalties going to be split with Ream and Robinson playing against England or is it a can't lose situation.
Nope England all the way, I love Ream and Jedi but, until this game is over they are just opponents we need to beat.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Whitestone

No, not at all. I'm surprised you even posed the question. It's better for Fulham IMO if the teams that include our players are knocked out of the tournament asap.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on November 24, 2022, 09:19:51 AM
I don't think people should be conflating their level of interest in this tournament with their opinion of the England team.  Personally I have a lot of time for this young team; they are talented, eloquent and some of their activities away from football are inspiring.  The tournament however leaves me cold. It would be great to win a WC and I think this team has that potential, just a slight shame it is shrouded in controversy.

Twig i agree with your deduction and it is eloquently put.
As you say it is a shame the competition is shrouded in controversy, but someone has to win it and i hope it is England.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

There is no argument here, it is England all the way.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 24, 2022, 09:11:38 AM
Looking forward more to the Wales game and watching some decent players (from Fulham of course). No interest whatsoever in watching the England prima donnas, though I have to confess I did tape the game and watch it at x12 playback speed (lol).

Dave, i am sorry mate but i don't understand how you can criticise England at all, they are not prima donnas. in fact they are far from that and have started the competition on the right foot, and i include the left footed players as well.
It's as though you and others are moaning for moaning sake looking for any excuse to criticise, it's ridiculous and so petty and it's getting tedious.

I wonder what the response on here would have been on here had we lost to Iran? Sadly I lost interest many moons ago on following England, ok I will concede that we do have some exciting youngsters in the squad, hopefully we will perform better than in the recent Nations Cup matches. I wonder why we did so badly in those games?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamfan

some people just like slagging england off all the time, its weird.

if they beat someone - "should have beat them anyway"
if they lose - "england are embarassing, a disgrace"

this england team seem likeable, play good football and have good mix of youth and experience. Southgate is doing a tremendous job compared to previous england managers of the last 20 odd years. They have got to the world cup semi in 2018 and euro 2020 finalists last year yet some joyless people still whinge and moan about them. if you're an english football fan and you cant get behind england at the moment then i feel sorry for you really. enjoy it!

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: davew on November 24, 2022, 11:26:38 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 24, 2022, 09:11:38 AM

I wonder what the response on here would have been on here had we lost to Iran? Sadly I lost interest many moons ago on following England, ok I will concede that we do have some exciting youngsters in the squad, hopefully we will perform better than in the recent Nations Cup matches. I wonder why we did so badly in those games?

Kind of deflecting from the original questions there mate.

General

I'm enjoying the WC and with Belgium looking sluggish, Argentina and Germany losing their first games - France, Spain and ourselves are looking the best so far..

Spain beat Costa Rica who are 11 places below Iran in the fifa rankings in 31st with Iran taking 20th spot.

Australia are in 38th, 18 places below Iran.

Out of the teams doing well it'd seem we've laid down the biggest marker.

We're in fifth in the rankings, Belgium 2nd and Argentina 3rd (with both doing poorly so far), Italy are in sixth but haven't qualifies.

So still a tough round of games to come and some very good teams in play but some of early big hitters struggling to perform which could bode well.

Free Elvis Hammond

He was a great player for us and I bear him no ill will, but I can't bear listening to Danny Murphy on commentary

He misreads situations all the time (that's what prompted this, he tried to diagnose an ankle injury for one of Korea's centre backs but got the wrong leg), he clearly doesn't have any knowledge outside the top Premier League teams, and above all, he can't stop droning on about the pitfalls of the modern game. He is a crashing bore and a dullard.

Sorry Danny, and thanks for Hamburg

perry geyton

I'm Leaning towards the Fulham boys

Twig

Quote from: spikey norman on November 24, 2022, 11:37:58 AM
Should we quit FIFA as the Danes are proposing?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20521231/denmark-talks-quit-fifa-england-world-cup-row/

I would at least like to see a number of the Football Associations getting together to discuss this or other options. The Danes can't achieve anything on their own but a collection of several FA's collaborating would certainly put the sh1ts up FIFA.

Twig

Haha, are you drinking? England, England, England.

David Allen Crankshaw

No. To many teams and therefore to many matches. There's always the danger that a key Fulham player gets a significant injury.

Tempest

Yep, Brazil to win world cup if not a team with a Fulham player in.  It's just a game so this I'm English I must support England  doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

alfie

Quote from: Tempest on November 24, 2022, 06:05:10 PM
Yep, Brazil to win world cup if not a team with a Fulham player in.  It's just a game so this I'm English I must support England  doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
National pride mean nothing to you?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't