watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we interested in the World Cup Now

Started by filham, November 21, 2022, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

It isn't about national pride Alfie, I would always put Fulham ahead of England, hope USA and England both get through to the last 16.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Tempest

Quote from: alfie on November 24, 2022, 06:42:39 PM
Quote from: Tempest on November 24, 2022, 06:05:10 PM
Quote from: filham on November 24, 2022, 09:41:32 AM
England v USA, are our loyalties going to be split with Ream and Robinson playing against England or is it a can't lose situation.
Yep, Brazil to win world cup if not a team with a Fulham player in.  It's just a game so this I'm English I must support England  doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
National pride mean nothing to you?
Absolutely, of course, but not in football, sports, games, things that if I wake up tomorrow and they don't exist, my life remains the same, so if England no longer have a team as if now, my life stays as it is, fulfilled and happy.

Live in Falmouth!

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

Quote from: Tempest on November 24, 2022, 06:48:16 PM
England v USA, are our loyalties going to be split with Ream and Robinson playing against England or is it a can't lose situation.
Yep, Brazil to win world cup if not a team with a Fulham player in.  It's just a game so this I'm English I must support England  doesn't make sense to me.

Absolutely, of course, but not in football, sports, games, things that if I wake up tomorrow and they don't exist, my life remains the same, so if England no longer have a team as if now, my life stays as it is, fulfilled and happy.

I can sort of understand where you're coming from but I just can't see beyond supporting my home country. If England hadn't qualified then, to me, it would be some interesting football matches but without an emotional investment. Still, each to their own I guess.

alfie

Fully appreciate what you are saying, I just find it difficult to understand how an English man/woman would want another nation to triumph over their own, but I guess it's not really my business, so no offence meant.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

_Putney_

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on November 25, 2022, 06:15:05 AM

Fully appreciate what you are saying, I just find it difficult to understand how an English man/woman would want another nation to triumph over their own, but I guess it's not really my business, so no offence meant.

I am with you Alfie on this debate 100%
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

Just watching Iran v Wales.....doesn't look as if there's much to fear about Wales from an English perspective.....

fulhamfan

Makes Englands win against Iran look very good now.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Wales looked a Championship side. Poor positioning and poor passing.
Moore is a bigger thug than Mitro with no ball control and Harry Wilson and Dan James were no better.

Baszab

Wakes were shocking could have lost 5-0
Brain dead Hennessey
Absolutely no midfield

General

Wales should've started the game less defensively and had Joe Allen on to balance their midfield. A shame but deserved. Iran had better chances during the game and Wales have been limp in the tournament so far.

Twig

So to anyone who said we beat the worst team in the WC, where does that leave Wales?

ex-Pat

England first not even close..

filham

All negative thoughts have now gone away with England on the verge of qualifying for the knock out stage.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Twig on November 25, 2022, 05:30:07 PM
So to anyone who said we beat the worst team in the WC, where does that leave Wales?

They were ignorant jibes launched by the ignorant for no real reason other than "it's England"...

filham

After last night I am almost hoping to see the USA with Ream and Robinson qualify. To regain our support England need to put in a performance against Wales scoring at least three goals.

SP

Quote from: Twig on November 25, 2022, 05:30:07 PM

Have only just seen the highlights of the Wales game, two decent finishes by Iran. All tournament, we've heard how important Joe Allen is but he should've done much better for the first goal yesterday.

SP

Quote from: filham on November 26, 2022, 10:47:11 AM
After last night I am almost hoping to see the USA with Ream and Robinson qualify. To regain our support England need to put in a performance against Wales scoring at least three goals.

I'd like to play the USA in the knockout stages, would be too close to call.