Author Topic: Are we interested in the World Cup Now  (Read 8744 times)

Offline davew

• Mr Fayed
Re: Are we interested in the World Cup Now
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2022, 06:47:41 PM »
It isn't about national pride Alfie, I would always put Fulham ahead of England, hope USA and England both get through to the last 16.

Offline Tempest

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2022, 06:48:16 PM »
England v USA, are our loyalties going to be split with Ream and Robinson playing against England or is it a can't lose situation.
Yep, Brazil to win world cup if not a team with a Fulham player in.  It's just a game so this I'm English I must support England  doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
National pride mean nothing to you?
Absolutely, of course, but not in football, sports, games, things that if I wake up tomorrow and they don't exist, my life remains the same, so if England no longer have a team as if now, my life stays as it is, fulfilled and happy.

Offline davew

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2022, 06:54:11 PM »
Well said Tempest!!

Offline Twig

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2022, 06:59:03 PM »
England v USA, are our loyalties going to be split with Ream and Robinson playing against England or is it a can't lose situation.
Yep, Brazil to win world cup if not a team with a Fulham player in.  It's just a game so this I'm English I must support England  doesn't make sense to me.

Absolutely, of course, but not in football, sports, games, things that if I wake up tomorrow and they don't exist, my life remains the same, so if England no longer have a team as if now, my life stays as it is, fulfilled and happy.

I can sort of understand where you’re coming from but I just can’t see beyond supporting my home country. If England hadn’t qualified then, to me, it would be some interesting football matches but without an emotional investment. Still, each to their own I guess.

Offline alfie

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2022, 06:15:05 AM »

Fully appreciate what you are saying, I just find it difficult to understand how an English man/woman would want another nation to triumph over their own, but I guess it’s not really my business, so no offence meant.

Offline _Putney_

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2022, 10:55:21 AM »
I love England.

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2022, 11:42:36 AM »
I love England.

👍⚽️🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2022, 11:43:31 AM »

Fully appreciate what you are saying, I just find it difficult to understand how an English man/woman would want another nation to triumph over their own, but I guess it’s not really my business, so no offence meant.

I am with you Alfie on this debate 100%

Offline ron

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2022, 11:54:53 AM »
Just watching Iran v Wales…..doesn’t look as if there’s much to fear about Wales from an English perspective…..

Offline fulhamfan

• Legend
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2022, 12:01:09 PM »
Makes Englands win against Iran look very good now.

Offline Stoneleigh Loyalist

• Legend
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2022, 12:06:45 PM »
Wales looked a Championship side. Poor positioning and poor passing.
Moore is a bigger thug than Mitro with no ball control and Harry Wilson and Dan James were no better.

Offline Baszab

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2022, 12:21:36 PM »
Wakes were shocking could have lost 5-0
Brain dead Hennessey
Absolutely no midfield

Offline General

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2022, 12:34:08 PM »
Wales should've started the game less defensively and had Joe Allen on to balance their midfield. A shame but deserved. Iran had better chances during the game and Wales have been limp in the tournament so far.

Offline Twig

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2022, 05:30:07 PM »
So to anyone who said we beat the worst team in the WC, where does that leave Wales?

Offline ex-Pat

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2022, 05:43:11 PM »

England first not even close..

Offline filham

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2022, 06:02:30 PM »
All negative thoughts have now gone away with England on the verge of qualifying for the knock out stage.

Offline Somerset Fulham

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2022, 06:48:48 PM »
So to anyone who said we beat the worst team in the WC, where does that leave Wales?

They were ignorant jibes launched by the ignorant for no real reason other than "it's England"...

Offline filham

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2022, 10:47:11 AM »
After last night I am almost hoping to see the USA with Ream and Robinson qualify. To regain our support England need to put in a performance against Wales scoring at least three goals.

Offline SP

• Gentleman Jim
  • Fulham debut 1970
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2022, 12:14:11 PM »

Have only just seen the highlights of the Wales game, two decent finishes by Iran. All tournament, we’ve heard how important Joe Allen is but he should’ve done much better for the first goal yesterday.

Offline SP

• Gentleman Jim
  • Fulham debut 1970
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2022, 12:15:37 PM »
After last night I am almost hoping to see the USA with Ream and Robinson qualify. To regain our support England need to put in a performance against Wales scoring at least three goals.

I’d like to play the USA in the knockout stages, would be too close to call.