watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we interested in the World Cup Now

Started by filham, November 21, 2022, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

'Straya were fantastic this morning absolute Aussie grit, heart and bloody mindedness at its finest.

I said years back that Harry Souttar would be a Premier League player one day, I would be amazed if it doesn't happen in the up and coming transfer window.

filham

Quote from: SP on November 26, 2022, 12:15:37 PM
Quote from: filham on November 26, 2022, 10:47:11 AM
After last night I am almost hoping to see the USA with Ream and Robinson qualify. To regain our support England need to put in a performance against Wales scoring at least three goals.

I'd like to play the USA in the knockout stages, would be too close to call.
No thanks, let's go out to Brazil that would be more acceptable.

Tempest

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 25, 2022, 06:48:48 PM
Quote from: Twig on November 25, 2022, 05:30:07 PM
So to anyone who said we beat the worst team in the WC, where does that leave Wales?

They were ignorant jibes launched by the ignorant for no real reason other than "it's England"...
The performance Iran put in was shocking, England were merely average, Iran's performance, with seemingly underlying reasons, was one of the worst in the world cup. But doesn't make them a bad team.

Look at some of Fulham's performances at the end of last season and we were apparently the best team in the league.  Iran are an ok side whereas Wales aren't. Bale, Ramsey and Joe Allen were non existent against Iran, Wales effectively played with 8 players, 7 when the keeper was sent off.

Still see Wales making life difficult for a bang average England team. Sadly, we are bang average due to our team selection and tactics. We should be one of the  genuine favourites to win the tournament.

More interesting to me is Brazil and how much better they might be without Neynar Jr. 

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

RaySmith

Wales were very disappointing v Iran but came so close to a point.

Could be an exciting game v England, I think Wales need to win by three to go through, or a damp squib, if England take an early lead.

Could well be a tense, cagey game, but I think Wales will want to win, urged on by their fans, just because it's England.
England will want to keep it tight.

Mince n Tatties

Germany heading home as it stands at moment.
Didn't fancy them at all,past their sell by.

Spoke too soon,they've equalised.
Most probably win it now.😅

cottage expat

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 27, 2022, 08:37:38 PM
Germany heading home as it stands at moment.
Didn't fancy them at all,past their sell by.

Spoke too soon,they've equalised.
Most probably win it now.😅

Assuming they end up second in their group, they have a pretty easy path through the round of 16 and quarter final all the way to the semi-final ( as do Spain winners of the group). In contrast, England potentially meet France in the quarter finals which case it's likely game over.

alfie

there is one things that's really bugging me, when teams score the whole bench charge onto the pitch, just seen Cameroon score, and all the subs ran the full width of the pitch to the scorer.

Just happened again with Serbia.

I know it shouldn't bother me but it just does.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

perry geyton

Korea Ghana
Good game
The Koreans very unlucky
We should sign one or two

perry geyton

Southgate is a DRIP of the highest level and this England team will go know where under him I'm sorry to say,
He's like Scott Parker on steroids

It's a shame cos we have a decent squad

WindyCity

Interesting competition so far.  Possible to see Germany and Belgium not make it through group stage.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Quote from: alfie on November 28, 2022, 10:35:45 AM
there is one things that's really bugging me, when teams score the whole bench charge onto the pitch, just seen Cameroon score, and all the subs ran the full width of the pitch to the scorer.

Just happened again with Serbia.

I know it shouldn't bother me but it just does.

It obviously bothers the officials because they are adding on time for this new behaviour.

filham

An interesting and unusual night's football tonight.
The two final Group B matches with three of the four teams capable of obtaining the two places for the knockout stage.
Both matches being screened by the BBC and two Fulham players probably on show in each match.

Looks as if England and the States will make progress but Welsh fans may think otherwise.

DadCreature

Quote from: filham on November 29, 2022, 02:10:03 PM
The two final Group B matches with three of the four teams capable of obtaining the two places for the knockout stage.
Both matches being screened by the BBC and two Fulham players probably on show in each match.

Looks as if England and the States will make progress but Welsh fans may think otherwise.
USA will have to score a few goals if they want to progress.  With only 1 scored so far, that's proving to be a problem for them.

WindyCity

Didn't see Wales-Iran, but v USA James and Wilson were basically invisible.  Hope they put on a better show, regardless of result, tonight.  Ream and Robinson have been solid in their two shows so far.  Just hope all the FFC boys, including Mitrovic and Palhinha, come home soon, and most importantly, fit. 

filham

Quote from: WindyCity on November 29, 2022, 05:36:55 PM

Didn't see Wales-Iran, but v USA James and Wilson were basically invisible.  Hope they put on a better show, regardless of result, tonight.  Ream and Robinson have been solid in their two shows so far.  Just hope all the FFC boys, including Mitrovic, come home soon, and most importantly, fit. 
Agree that it has been hard to noticed James, just as it has in Fulham matches.
Wilson at times has been in the thick of things and looks as if he could well pick up a nasty knock. Will be pleased to see him walk off the pitch at the end of tonight's game fully fit and ready for our Palace game.

WindyCity

SerbianLad

Good luck today lads! Although I don't think you're under any real risk of going home.

SP

England against a borderline Championship team - what could possibly go wrong..............

bill taylors apprentice

FFS! 9 mins in and Shaw has passed the ball backwards almost every time he's had possession.

filham

Well the only ones to really celebrate just now are the Americans, their fans must be well pleased with the results and their team's performances.