watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"One More Years!... One More Years!..."

Started by Cambridge Away, November 25, 2022, 09:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadCreature

We play to mask his weakness- lack of pace.  Jedi covers for him a lot, at the cost of some things he could bring to the attack but doesn't now.  I love Ream and we should keep him at least two more years if we can- one to start and one to be a backup.

However, let's not overlook how many goals we have given up.  Our defense needs to become a lot better in the coming years.

perry geyton

Quote from: Whitestone on November 26, 2022, 03:27:21 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on November 26, 2022, 02:58:53 PM
Quote from: filham on November 26, 2022, 10:37:41 AM
Remember there were a lot on this board who thought Ream should never have started this season in the premier league, looks as if TK got that one right.
About 98% of em couldn't he see how good he was/is

That's because the evidence wasn't there to support that view. Fair play to you for repeatedly 'bigging' him up. He's been a revelation. Long may it continue.
It absolutely was there to see the people
Quote from: Whitestone on November 26, 2022, 05:20:34 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 26, 2022, 05:11:21 PM
Remember there were a lot on this board who thought Ream should never have started this season in the premier league, looks as if TK got that one right.

And the same was said of Jedi...Fulham Fans😅

The difference between Ream and Robinson is quite straightforward. Robinson proved he could perform in the Premier League last time, so there was little concern that he would step up again.
Quote from: Whitestone on November 26, 2022, 05:20:34 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 26, 2022, 05:11:21 PM

And the same was said of Jedi...Fulham Fans😅

The difference between Ream and Robinson is quite straightforward. Robinson proved he could perform in the Premier League last time, so there was little concern that he would step up again.
And Ream was player of the season in the promotion season under Slav aswell, he then had to play once promoted with a bunch of new players that came in for the money, seri, Angiuissa and that useless right back from Man Utd Fossee I do believe, his anchorman McDonald got dropped along with Stef Jo, he was then basically surrounded by W*****S that season and lost his head...
Ream then became the go to men to blame for all our woes, along with Dennis Odoi, he also started the season injured if I remember right ?

It then became a case of "blame the yank" or "Reams not good enough for the premier league" type of talk and everyone jumped on the wagon, a similar scenario to Mitrovic but far worse because  he's a defender !!!!!

Then comes along Scott Parker !!! Name me one player that flourished under him ???? Then another full season of scapegoating Tim etc etc

He's always been more then good enough but was simply surrounded by the wrong comrades...

A Similar thing is now happening with another one of our players Tom Cairney who is also definitely good enough and The Sheep are all jumping on board

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Cambridge Away

Quote from: BarryP on November 28, 2022, 02:51:50 PM
A nice article on Ream who does credit Silva.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4814912/grandpa-of-the-usream-has-become-indispensable-in-qatar
Why has some faint praise for TK (over Ream) been converted into a perceived attack on Marco Silva? Those comments supporting Marco Silva's contribution (by multiple posters) are all so cliche it is almost monotomous. And you can smell the agenda a mile away! Why you dislike TK so much i do not know, but it comes across almost Orwelian to me... "Marco Silva, good!; Tony Khan, bad!... Marco Silva, good!; Tony Khan, bad!..."  Yeah, we get that you don't like Tony Khan, but have the cojones to just say it (and why?), rather than just offering praise to Silva instead.
The clue was in the original post... 'Tony Khan, hurry up and give Ream another year'.

Carborundum

Rather than worrying about next season, I'm just hoping he returns fit and healthy for the remainder of this season.  Tomorrow's game with Iran has the potential to be, in East End parlance, proper naughty.

Penfold

Quote from: Carborundum on November 28, 2022, 03:45:59 PM
Rather than worrying about next season, I'm just hoping he returns fit and healthy for the remainder of this season.  Tomorrow's game with Iran has the potential to be, in East End parlance, proper naughty.

Predictions seem to be it could be dirtiest game in tournament so far. For those not interested in England, possibly an entertaining view 😈

For what it's worth, I will be watching England.

BarryP

Quote from: Cambridge Away on November 28, 2022, 03:37:12 PM

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4814912/grandpa-of-the-usream-has-become-indispensable-in-qatar
Why has some faint praise for TK (over Ream) been converted into a perceived attack on Marco Silva? Those comments supporting Marco Silva's contribution (by multiple posters) are all so cliche it is almost monotomous. And you can smell the agenda a mile away! Why you dislike TK so much i do not know, but it comes across almost Orwelian to me... "Marco Silva, good!; Tony Khan, bad!... Marco Silva, good!; Tony Khan, bad!..."  Yeah, we get that you don't like Tony Khan, but have the cojones to just say it (and why?), rather than just offering praise to Silva instead.
The clue was in the original post... 'Tony Khan, hurry up and give Ream another year'.

If that statement was for me I'm not knocking Kahn. I have no agenda other than to mention Ream's praise of Silva. Kahn and the management team extended Ream and Silva has helped to get the best out of him. Not to leave anyone out I'll give Ream a good pat on the back as well.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Cambridge Away

Quote from: BarryP on November 28, 2022, 09:55:13 PM

If that statement was for me I'm not knocking Kahn. I have no agenda other than to mention Ream's praise of Silva. Kahn and the management team extended Ream and Silva has helped to get the best out of him. Not to leave anyone out I'll give Ream a good pat on the back as well.
Whether you were knocking Khan or not, you got fully sucked into the 'Khan v Silva' narrative.
How about we try and be cohesive rather than divisive when talking about our successful management structure ay lads?

BarryP

Quote from: Cambridge Away on November 28, 2022, 10:51:20 PM

Whether you were knocking Khan or not, you got fully sucked into the 'Khan v Silva' narrative.
How about we try and be cohesive rather than divisive when talking about our successful management structure ay lads?

You're reading things that just aren't there. For me there is no 'Kahn vs Silva' narrative and as I point blank said I can give them all credit. Did you even read the article before replying to see what Ream said? It's an article about Ream that gives credit to Fulham for his current level of play in which Ream states that Silva has positively impacted his game. Not a single divisive thing about the article except your comment.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: BarryP on November 30, 2022, 12:46:51 AM

You're reading things that just aren't there. For me there is no 'Kahn vs Silva' narrative and as I point blank said I can give them all credit. Did you even read the article before replying to see what Ream said? It's an article about Ream that gives credit to Fulham for his current level of play in which Ream states that Silva has positively impacted his game. Not a single divisive thing about the article except your comment.

"A nice article on Ream who does credit Silva."
It sounds like you are almost surprised?
You may have not have been the one to divert the topic to 'Khan v Silva'; but you did join a debate that i did not start. My point stands... Too many posters are fixated on hating on Tony Khan without justification

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Cambridge Away on November 30, 2022, 09:29:10 PM
Quote from: BarryP on November 30, 2022, 12:46:51 AM

"A nice article on Ream who does credit Silva."
It sounds like you are almost surprised?
You may have not have been the one to divert the topic to 'Khan v Silva'; but you did join a debate that i did not start. My point stands... Too many posters are fixated on hating on Tony Khan without justification

Tony Khan and Marco Silva work well together partly because both of them like bringing in players with good statistics. Slavisa thought TK was an idiot for not liking some "good players with bad statistics" (like Aaron Mooys that Slavisa like, has bad statistics and Mooys is proving his worth at this world cup).

Marco Silva understood that recruitment money was only to be used for players with good statistics, and managed to find players they both liked. Basically, Marco Silva knew he had to work with Tony Khan's methodology and makes it workable, which is something Slavisa could never do at this (or any other) club.

RaySmith

I think Tim could well go on for longer than one more season!

blingo

15 games into the season. Lets see if he cuts it long term. I still don't think he is good enough for the premiership.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: RaySmith on November 30, 2022, 11:31:55 PM
I think Tim could well go on for longer than one more season!
I agree. He didn't start playing in the MSL until he was 22. Playing his best football at 35, he is effectively our version of Jamie Vardy (ie - Came into the game later). Apart from his body not taking it's toll, i would imagine his college/uni education has held him in good stead for being older in the game. He has talked about how he has become more intelligent in the game (which he must have also slightly lacked from starting so late). I am sure his defensive play is much more instinct than it used to be. I am sure it helps that he is not playing in sides that get trounced every week too (as in our two seasons in the Prem before). He also says he has worked on his speed, which is evident.

Only conceding one goal in three games to England, Wales and Iran is remarkable. To put that all down to Jedi or 'any player but Tim' does him a huge injustice.

Has anyone noticed how he almost plays like a 'point guard' in basketball? He brings the ball up the court/pitch and is usually the one who distributes. His contribution to us and the US is invaluable.

So, yes, we could see Tim in a Fulham shirt in the Premier League for a while longer yet

We Are Premier League

Is he having an amazing season, YES.
Did he prove me (and many other doubters) wrong about his current ability, YES.
Would i like to extend his contract for another year, YES.
Would i like him to be a starter for us in the PL at the age of 36 next seasons, NO.

Love the man, keep him in the squad, but we need to improve our defence for next season.