watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Everyone talking about Fulham

Started by Texas White, November 25, 2022, 09:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

How nice to hear so many positive comments about Fulham from US commentators. Let's hope all the positives encourage those extra signings we need.

Nice job TK for getting us to where we are.

gerrys

I liked the bit (here on Italian tv) where they mentioned that Pulisic is the 3rd highest scorer for the US national team.....behind Dempsey and McBride....

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Texas White on November 25, 2022, 09:12:32 PM
How nice to hear so many positive comments about Fulham from US commentators. Let's hope all the positives encourage those extra signings we need.

Nice job TK for getting us to where we are.
The opposite from ITV. Over two matches i only heard them mention our name once. Right at the end of the England game and only when Ream had kept Kane in his pocket all game. Leeds mentioned plenty of times by comparison.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Quote ITV commentator ' You have got to remember that the USA team have plenty if experience on the English league with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Leeds'.
As mentioned elsewhere this just about sums up their commentary.

Tabby

Chelsea and Leeds I can understand, but how is backup keeper at Arsenal more significant than Robinson and Ream?

DadCreature

Quote from: gerrys on November 25, 2022, 09:15:59 PM
I liked the bit (here on Italian tv) where they mentioned that Pulisic is the 3rd highest scorer for the US national team.....behind Dempsey and McBride....
Nah, they got that one very wrong.  Dempsey is tied with Landon Donovan for most USA senior goals.

RaySmith

I thought I heard us mentioned quite a few times before and during, as the club of Ream and Robinson.

At one point they were talking of some good defending by Ream, of which there was a lot - the England attack hardly managed a shot on target, the co- commentator said he'd seen Ream v Man U, and he played really well.

But maybe other English clubs were mentioned more.

filham

Makes you think, if that American team last night had included a rejuvinated Dempsey and McBride in their line up England would have taken one hell of a thrashing.

DadCreature

Quote from: filham on November 26, 2022, 10:33:00 AM
Makes you think, if that American team last night had included a rejuvinated Dempsey and McBride in their line up England would have taken one hell of a thrashing.
as a US fan, I would kill to have either one on the squad in Qatar.  Is the missing piece from an otherwise young, promising but disappointing team.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: DadCreature on November 26, 2022, 10:11:17 PM
as a US fan, I would kill to have either one on the squad in Qatar.  Is the missing piece from an otherwise young, promising but disappointing team.

In four years time and a partizan crowd behind them, that US side is going to contend. No question there.

bobbo

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 26, 2022, 10:44:24 PM
Quote from: DadCreature on November 26, 2022, 10:11:17 PM

In four years time and a partizan crowd behind them, that US side is going to contend. No question there.
oh so true it's taken a longer than I expected time for the Americans to get to this point but they are firmly on track now . At my age I won't be here to see it but I'm sure in 10 years time they'll be at the forefront of world football.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

alfie

I think a few of these "underdog" teams are not so underdogs anymore.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MaidenheadMick

Quote from: Tabby on November 25, 2022, 10:06:39 PM
Chelsea and Leeds I can understand, but how is backup keeper at Arsenal more significant than Robinson and Ream?
Arsenal??

Kiwimike

I watched most of this game on Sky TV here in NZ.  I heard the commentators talking about hoe Ream and Robinson worked well together, as they do for their club Fulham.  Also heard the comment about Ream describing him as "Mr. Steady Eddie" of the defence.  High praise for the old man of the team, who was apparently only there because of injuries to others.
Also noticed that most of the movements from defence to attack stated with Tim, as they seem to with Fulham.  He is definitely showing that age is just a number and is one of the most consistent defenders at the WC.

FFCsince64

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Jamie88

Quote from: FFCsince64 on November 29, 2022, 12:57:56 AM
How about a summer tour in the USA?

It does surprise me that given our US connections that we have barely set foot over there.