watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff - 27/11/22...

Started by WhiteJC, November 27, 2022, 10:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham are surely in for Newcastle-linked wonderkid after Romano update – Our View

According to Fabrizio Romano, there are two Premier League clubs in for Brazilian wonderkid Matheus Franca.

The 18-year-old has been making waves over in South America for Flamengo, and there are apparently now two English teams in for the young attacker.

Newcastle United have been linked, so it's fair to assume that they're one of the clubs that Romano is alluding to, and while the other team remains unnamed, we have to theorise that Fulham are one of the teams in for Franca.

Indeed, if we know one thing about Fulham's transfer policy in recent years it's that they want to scour Brazil for the most talented players in South America – and they have had a particular interest in Flamengo players.

Rodrigo Muniz and Andreas Pereira were both signed off the back of spells with Flamengo, while Fulham have also been linked with young striker, Pedro, from the very same club.

Factor in that they've also been keen on Pablo Maia and Luizao from Sao Paulo, and it's fair to assume that if there is a Premier League club sniffing around a Brazilian wonderkid, Fulham are likely to be that very side.

So, will Fulham sign Franca? Well, Romano says he could cost as much as £20m, and that is a sizeable fee for a club like the Whites, especially when Shahid Khan made numerous references to being close to the FFP limit this summer.

With Newcastle United reportedly keen and the Magpies being the richest club in the world, a move to St James' Park may be more likely than a move to Craven Cottage in the January transfer window.

This remains a situation worth keeping an eye on.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/11/26/fulham-are-surely-in-for-newcastle-linked-wonderkid-after-romano-update-our-view/

WhiteJC

Fulham U18s smash seven past Chelsea
Fulham under 18s secured a fifth successive win with a stunning showing in the SW6 derby as they put seven past Chelsea this lunchtime.

Ali Melloul's side were 5-0 up inside 35 minutes as they blew their hosts away with a sensational display of attacking football. Doubles from Ollie Gofford, Aaron Loupalo-Bi and Callum Osmand put the Whites in complete command before an own goal made it 7-0. Chelsea's consolation came in the first minute of added time, but a much-changed Fulham outfit had long since underlined their superiority.

The overwhelming victory was all the more impressive as Melloul was without several members of the side that had put together an eye-catching winning run. The ill Terrell Works was replaced by Tom Oylett, whilst Brad de Jesus emulated Bobby Decordova-Reid in deputising at right back for Sam Amissah, who is away with England under-16s. The versatile Luc de Fougerolles partnered Caelan Avenell at the heart of a reshaped Fulham defence.

None of the alterations appeared to affect the Cottagers, who were quickly on the front foot. Avenell had a hand in creating the first chance with his raking ball releasing Osmand down the right and the Welshman's cross offered Gofford an early sight of goal, but he shot flew wastefully over. Chelsea had a headed goal from midfielder Tudor Mendel-Idowu correctly chalked off for offside and the Whites went ahead fortuitously from a corner after ten minutes. Olyott's delivery was headed against Gofford by a defender – and the ball flew past Luke Campbell.

Just four minutes later, Fulham doubled their advantage. The in-form Osmand surged through the middle of the Chelsea defence and, although his shot was well saved, the lively Loupalo-Bi converted the rebound. The visitors were rampant, now, and Gofford grabbed his second with an assured finish from just outside the area after wrongfooting a home defender. A fourth arrived twelve minutes before half time as Olyott floated a fine ball over the Chelsea defence with Loupalo-Bi racing around Campbell to finish into an unguarded goal.

The Cottagers were far from finished. Two minutes later, Osmand made it five. Olyott was again the provider on what was proving to be a splendid first start at this level – drifting infield before delivering a delicious cross which the Welsh youth international finished with aplomb at the back post.

There was little let up at the start of the second period despite Fulham sitting on a commanding lead. Olyott floated in another cross from the right and Osmand was clinical from close range again to make it six. He was only a snatched finish away from completing a hat-trick after excellent approach play from Loupalo-Bi, before substitute Chibby Nwoko was denied by a good reaction save from substitute goalkeeper Ted Curd.

Alfie McNally was a virtual spectator until the final ten minutes when he spread himself well to deny Donnell McNeilly. Chelsea's afternoon to forget got even worse with a calamitous own goal from Harrison Murray-Campbell when the centre back's pass back was horribly miscontrolled by his goalkeeper. The home side did at least get on the scoreline before being put out of their misery by the final whistle as McNeilly converted substitute Chinoso Chibueze's cross – but this was a devastating drubbing on derby day.

CHELSEA UNDER 18s (4-2-3-1): Campbell (Curd 45); Acheampong, Hughes, Murray-Campbell, Akomeah (Wilson 62); Dyer (Rak-Sakyi 71), Golding; Mendel-Idowu (Chibueze 85), George (McMahon 45), Castledine; McNeilly.

GOAL: McNeilly (90+1).

FULHAM UNDER 18s (4-2-3-1): McNally; de Jesus, Slade, Avenall (Nwoko 41), de Fougerolles; Parker, Gofford; Gordon (Bogle-Campbell 72), Olyott (Quashie 65), Osmand; Loupalo-Bi (Wingate 72). Subs (not used): Varney.

GOALS: Gofford (11, 19), Loupalo-Bi (15, 33), Osmand (35, 49), Murray-Campbell (o.g. 83).

REFEREE: Thomas Baines.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/11/fulham-u18s-smash-seven-past-chelsea/

WhiteJC

Charlton Athletic 'praying' that Fulham loanee's withdrawal is not a hamstring injury

Charlton Athletic manager Ben Garner is hoping that Steven Sessegnon was only suffering from cramp after the Fulham loanee failed to last the distance in today's 2-2 FA Cup draw against Stockport County.

The left-back went down for a sustained period of treatment in the second period.

Although Sessegnon came back on the pitch he was replaced by Richard Chin in the 63rd minute.

The 22-year-old has made 15 appearances in all competitions for the Addicks but has also missed five league matches after arriving from the west Londoners with a hamstring injury.

"We're hoping it's just cramp," said Garner. "It just tightened in his hamstring and we're hoping that is cramp. We'll have to assess that and see.

"We're praying and praying that is cramp and nothing more."

Chuks Aneke started up front with Jayden Stockley starting a three-match suspension for violent conduct.

He played 67 minutes before Corey Blackett-Taylor came on.

"Chuks has been building his minutes and training well," said Garner. "We've progressed him.

"Chuks is never going to be able to go Saturday-Tuesday and 90 [minutes], 90 [minutes] – get on a run of games like that. But we have got to try and keep him fit and available and use him as best we can, and for him to help the team as best he can in that time. When he's not available, certainly for the next two, we have to find other solutions.

"Charlie [Kirk] did well. DJ [Diallang Jaiyesimi] was excellent when he came on for the last 10 minutes. Lots of positives in there today but we are naturally disappointed by conceding very late on and the extra game."

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-praying-that-fulham-loanees-withdrawal-is-not-a-hamstring-injury/

WhiteJC

Tim Ream is the 'grandpa' of this young US team, but he's become as indispensable as any of their starlets

DOHA, Qatar -- In the winter of 2010, Tim Ream received what he called "the Petke test." Ream was in his first professional preseason training camp with the New York Red Bulls, and then-teammate Mike Petke decided he was going to test the mettle of the rookie defender. From a dead sprint, Petke went right through the back of Ream with a slide tackle.

Ream's response spoke volumes about the kind of player he was then and would continue to be throughout his career. He looked at Petke, stood up, didn't say a word and got on with the training session.

"He was testing me first and foremost, but what am I going to do about it?" Ream said during an exclusive interview with ESPN. "I'm going to try to beat him a different way because that wasn't the way I played, and wasn't the way that I knew to get the guy back."

Such a reaction is entirely in keeping with Ream's personality, one that radiates a calmness in all aspects of his life.

"I don't know that I've ever, ever really lost my cool," he said. "There's no point in retaliating or seeing red and getting angry because then your whole kind of [mindset], just everything shifts and you lose focus on what you need to do, and that's just continuing to play the game, and then trying to win."

It is that composure -- not only emotionally, but also on the ball -- that has come to epitomize Ream's revival with the United States men's national team during this World Cup. He has gone from being on the outside looking in, as it related to the US roster, to being indispensable. In two games with the Americans, the center-back from St. Louis has been one of the team's MVPs. Ream has been his usual steady self on the ball, completing 89.1% of his passing and winning 60% of his duels, all while committing just one foul.

There is also Ream's leadership. On the second-youngest team at the World Cup, the 35-year-old is the wise old head, although it earns him grief on occasion. Earlier this month, US captain Tyler Adams called Ream the "grandpa" of the group, leading to some good-natured banter on the team bus. Following Friday's 0-0 draw with England, all of those aspects will be needed again come Tuesday, when the US face Iran with progression to the knockout rounds on the line. His teammates are grateful for his presence.

"The standard that [Ream] has been at, it's been amazing," said Antonee Robinson, Ream's teammate and fellow defender at both international level and at club side Fulham. "He's such a calming presence on the ball. It's no shock to me. I've played with him for a long-enough time now to know what he's all about. But to see him actually come out on this stage, when it was at one point looking like he wouldn't be here, and raise his level even more than he has done already this season, it means a lot to me."

It's an approach that Ream has honed ever since he began playing soccer with famed youth club St. Louis Scott Gallagher. It was there that technical ability was encouraged and valued, which raises the old question: Did his environment mold him, or is that just who he is?

"I think it's exactly within his DNA," said Dan Donigan, who coached Ream at Saint Louis University. "I think it is his personality. He's a very mild-mannered, soft-spoken guy. Nothing rattles him. He never overreacts to anything, on or off the field. He's just a very composed individual no matter what he's dealing with."

Ream is more of the opinion that both nature and nurture -- at least in a soccer sense -- shaped him. He has four younger siblings, and he says, "They're all a whole heck of a lot louder than I am. I don't know if that's a first child thing because my oldest is the same way. I'm not one of those guys that's going to be the most vocal in a crowd. But with the ball, that was taught from a young age and, something that our coach really believed in."

Ream's steady demeanor and ability have served him well in a pro career that has now spanned 14 professional seasons. This is, after all, a man who in his past five campaigns has been on teams that were either relegated from or promoted to the Premier League. He also endured another relegation with Bolton Wanderers when he first went over to England.

"The first thing that comes to mind is it's humbling," he said of the yo-yo nature of Fulham's recent years. "This game can give you so many incredible things and incredible moments and experiences. At the same time, it can take those away and then pull the rug out very quickly."

Ream's international experiences have been a roller coaster ride as well, just drawn out over a longer period. He was first brought into the national team frame under Bob Bradley in 2010, but some uneven play at the 2011 Gold Cup saw him drift out of the side. He earned a recall during the 2018 World Cup cycle under Jurgen Klinsmann, but once again fell out of favor. Ream was then brought into provide a veteran presence during the first year of Gregg Berhalter's tenure, and the same thing happened. Not even a mistake-free performance against El Salvador in the first World Cup qualifier was enough to garner a bigger role, as the US manager soon turned his attention to younger players.

But Berhalter, forever hedging his bets, maintained communication with Ream during this period, although the conversations took on a familiar pattern. It seemed like every time the US manager called Ream, he had to explain to the defender why he wasn't getting called in.

"The disappointment just kept coming each and every camp," said Ream, adding that at one point he had "made peace" with the prospect of missing out on the World Cup.

But Berhalter's continued communication paid off. Miles Robinson tore an Achilles in May, while Chris Richards picked up a hamstring injury in September. All of a sudden, there was an opening on the World Cup roster, and Ream was needed.

Berhalter rang Ream up in early November to check on the player's mental state, and see if he was still engaged. Ream was wary, lest disappointment smack him in the face again, but he hung up the phone thinking he had a chance to make the World Cup squad. As it turned out, these were significantly better than Lloyd Christmas odds, and Ream eventually got the word that he had made the team.

"I still was still trying to process it until we landed in Qatar," he said.

But if the exchange with Berhalter included some tense moments, that was nothing compared to the conversation he had to have with this three children, Aidan, Theo and Lilia. Just three days before talking to Berhalter, Ream had booked a 10-day vacation to Disney World with his family. When Ream's plans for the month of November changed, he had to break the tough news to them that the trip to Disney would have to wait.

"I explained to them, 'What are your hopes? What are your dreams? Like, you have dreams, what do you want to do? Well, Daddy got a phone call, I am going to go to a World Cup, and we're going to have to postpone Disney,'" he said.

It helped that his two boys are already huge soccer fans, collecting the stickers that accompany the World Cup. That helped soften the blow.

"It was a hard sell at first, probably the first hour," he said. "Then once they wrapped their head around it, I think they were more excited to come here and see the spectacle and be involved in it now. They were asking for a week when they were getting on a plane and when they can get here."

Ream is fully aware of his good fortune in terms of making the roster, but rightly notes that he wouldn't be in Qatar if he hadn't been playing well for Fulham, where his form in the Premier League this season has been outstanding. That counts as only slightly less surprising than his play at the World Cup. When Ream was last in the Premier League two seasons ago, he made only seven league appearances and seemed to struggle at that level.

What changed? When asked, a rueful smile creased Ream's face, and he said, "I've seen this debate." He goes on to insist that he's basically the same player he's always been. Neither his style nor his overall ability have changed.

"Do I think I'm a better player now? Yes," he said. "Do I think I do things differently or have miraculously become a different type of player? No, I don't think that."

Ream admits some evolution has taken place. The arrival of manager Marco Silva "was probably the best thing to happen to me." Fulham are a much better balanced side this season than they were during their more recent forays in the Premier League, and are solidly in ninth place at the moment. Experience counts, too. Ream noted that he's never stopped learning, and that he's seeing the game better, recognizing opponents' patterns of play and reacting accordingly. But rather than creating tension, the realization that he's nearing the end of his career has been liberating, so much so that he thinks he can keep playing for another three or four years.

"I think it's freed my mind to then just play the game on autopilot, just like I would when I was younger," he said.

The uptick in his play is clear, as is the gratification he's getting from being given this opportunity on a worldwide stage. Following the Wales game, the positive vibes began to show through Ream's usually placid facade.

"I enjoyed it immensely and it's something I wish would've happened a long time ago," he said about that match. "But I'm enjoying every single minute of playing and being here."

Now Ream and the US face an immense challenge in taking on an Iran side brimming with confidence and momentum, and one likely to be backed by a hyper-partisan, pro-Iran crowd. Not that Ream is going to change his approach.

"I treat every single game as a knockout game," he said. "Every single game is important and that one is the most important at the minute. I'm not going to build it up [that] this game is on a pedestal because then you start to overthink it. We know what has to be done. Win, we're in."

Ream's play can help them get there.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/united-states-usa/story/4814912/grandpa-of-the-usream-has-become-indispensable-in-qatar

WhiteJC

MATCH REPORT: Shots 2-0 Southend

The Shots defeated Southend United in what was a brilliant afternoon for the hosts. Goals from Justin Amaluzor and Corey Jordan either side of half-time saw all three points remain in Aldershot.

Southend saw the first chance of the game within the first five minutes. A corner lead to a couple of chances and a bit of a scramble in The Shots box but Ryan Glover was able to produce a block on the line with Luca Ashby-Hammond gathering the ball from a close-range header.

Aaron Cosgrave shot on the turn after a deep free-kick from out wide was headed back into the danger zone. The shot looped high and wide of the Aldershot goal, however.

The game was mainly played in the middle third and though neither team could take control of the game, the visitors perhaps had the higher share of possession. The Shots were keen to counter with a pacey front line and did just that as half-time loomed.

Southend's defence was brilliantly pressed and Justin Amaluzor was the benefactor as he raced away into the box and calmly finished into the bottom corner to give The Shots the lead.

The goal seemed to give Aldershot some confidence and they began to attack with a bit more freedom. Just before half-time, Ody Alfa turned his marker brilliantly and with plenty of space just outside the box, forced Collin Andeng-Ndi into a good save.

HALF-TIME

The Shots continued their momentum into the second-half as they doubled their lead within the first three minutes. Ollie Harfield delivered an inviting free-kick from the left wing and Corey Jordan rose highest to head home his first goal of the season!

Aldershot should have had a third just after the hour had it not been for a fantastic save from Collin Andeng-Ndi. Amaluzor was played in down the left and his early, low cross found Tommy Willard who was brilliantly denied at point-blank range.

It was a rather quiet game for Luca Ashby-Hammond who must have been frozen in a short sleeve shirt but he was certainly sharp enough to come up big for his side when needed. Wesley Fonguck curled a shot towards the top corner but Ashby-Hammond dived to his left at full stretch to deny the midfielder.

The Shots continued to look dangerous on the break and Ody Alfa almost gave his side a third goal on another incisive breakaway. With plenty of space down the right wing he advanced and launched a powerful shot at goal that was just too high.

Ben Shroll and Giles Phillips were brought on to sure up the defence and whilst Southend did look to press forward in the closing stages, Aldershot's clean sheet never really looked in too much danger.

Shots lineup: 1. Luca Ashby-Hammond, 2. Archie Davies (21. Ben Shroll 85′), 3. Ollie Harfield, 4. Joe Partington (c) (22. Giles Phillips 81′), 5. Tyler Cordner, 7. Justin Amaluzor, 8. Frank Vincent, 16. Corey Jordan, 18 Ody Alfa, 23. Ryan Glover (20. Michael Klass 73′), 27. Tommy Willard. Subs not used: 31. Ben De Lacy-Turner, 33. Alex MacAllister.

https://www.theshots.co.uk/match-report-shots-2-0-southend/

WhiteJC

Inter Milan are planning a '£20 million bid' for Fulham left back Antonee Robinson after the pacey American impressed at the World Cup against England... only a failed medical scuppered his move to rivals AC Milan two years ago!

Antonee Robinson has impressed in England since joining Fulham in 2020 
    He has started both of the USA's games at the Qatar World Cup to date
    The 25-year-old fullback could now be headed to Italy after interest from Inter
    Robinson was close to joining AC Milan two years ago but failed his medical 

Antonee Robinson could be heading to Italy after reports of interest in the Fulham left back from Inter Milan.

The 25-year-old impressed for the USA in their goalless World Cup draw with England on Friday, linking up well with Christian Pulisic and keeping Bukayo Saka under wraps for much of the game.

Robinson came close to securing a move to Serie A champions AC Milan two years ago, but it fell through after a failed medical.

Inter Milan are eyeing a move for Antonee Robinson for around '£20 million'

The 25-year-old full back has impressed in England since joining Fulham in 2020

He could now be heading to their local rivals, as the Sun reported Simone Inzaghi's Inter are looking to bring in the fulllback for '£20 million.'

If the transfer did go ahead, it would see Robinson competing with Federico Dimarco, who is not at the World Cup after Italy failed to qualify, for a place in the starting starting eleven.

Squad depth could be vital for Inter as the season progresses. They currently sit fifth, 11 points of league leaders Napoli, and will have to juggle domestic and European football when the club game returns.

Having started his career at Everton, Robinson has hardly missed a game since joining Fulham in 2020, and would be sorely missed by Marco Silva's Fulham if he was to move.

He out in a solid display against England in the USA's second game of the Qatar World Cup 

The fullback was born in Milton Keynes and was eligible to play for England, but chose the USA instead and has been a regular since his 2018 debut.

Robinson will have a chance to keep the American World Cup dream alive on Tuesday, when his side will face Iran in a group game that will likely decide who advances to the knockout stage.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11473977/Inter-Milan-planning-20-million-bid-Fulham-left-Antonee-Robinson.html

WhiteJC

Inter Milan 'readying £20m Robinson bid'
Inter Milan are preparing a £20m offer for Antonee Robinson after watching the Fulham full back in action for the United States of America at the World Cup, according to the Sun.

The 25 year-old, who has been in fine form for Marco Silva's side as the Whites have surprised everyone with some strong performances on their return to the Premier League this season, caught the eye as the States arguably had the better of Friday night's goalless draw with England. Robinson, whose defensive discipline has improved this term, kept Bukayo Saka – scorer of two goals against Iran on Monday – quiet and looked dangerous going forward.

The irony of Robinson interesting Inter when he was only denied what he described as a dream move to their bitter city rivals AC Milan when a medical detected a heart murmur two years will not be lost on anybody. The Milton-Keynes born man moved to Fulham for around £2m after Wigan were relegated from the Championship and has made 82 appearances in two and a half seasons at Craven Cottage, scoring a single goal.

Robinson, who is firmly established as Silva's first choice left back these days, had previously been heavily linked with a move to Manchester City. Inter are targeting defensive upgrades during the winter transfer window with Simone Inzaghi's sitting eleven points behind Serie A leaders Napoli in fifth place. The former Everton trainee, who has won thirty senior caps for the States, is under contract at Fulham until June 2024. Alan Nixon's piece in the Sun suggests that Fulham would be looking for around £15m to £20m for Robinson's services, but the Fulham hierarchy are reluctant to sell one of their key players.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/11/inter-milan-readying-20m-robinson-bid/

demeant0r

20m is far too little for Jedi, if he has his heart set on Milan then we should push for 50m given the inflated market

Bill2

Quote from: demeant0r on November 27, 2022, 10:46:05 AM
20m is far too little for Jedi, if he has his heart set on Milan then we should push for 50m given the inflated market
Agree seems a paltry sum in today's market, but it all depends on contract position. It allows Jedo to be a tough negotiator if only a short time left, but if several years to go we can ask for a bigger price.

filham

The prime question to be asked before releasing Robinson is who replaces him and how much will we have to pay.

alfie

Quote from: filham on November 27, 2022, 01:38:57 PM
The prime question to be asked before releasing Robinson is who replaces him and how much will we have to pay.
I think the prime question is will he want to go.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WindyCity

Quote from: alfie on November 27, 2022, 01:54:22 PM

Hopefully he wants to stay at CC.  And also, hopefully, ownership can figure a way to keep him here.  New contract/extension?  Pay the boy his money, he's earned it.  Let's try to keep our talent.......

alfie

Quote from: WindyCity on November 27, 2022, 05:44:52 PM
Quote from: alfie on November 27, 2022, 01:54:22 PM

Hopefully he wants to stay at CC.  And also, hopefully, ownership can figure a way to keep him here.  New contract/extension?  Pay the boy his money, he's earned it.  Let's try to keep our talent.......
It may not just be about money, playing for Fulham or playing for Milan maybe a big call.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mullers OG

Careers are short. Difficult to turn down playing for one of the top world teams and the possibility of champions league football. It all depends on whether the rumour is true, the amount and the player's ambitions. I hope he stays but will understand it if he decides to move on to Milan.

Twig

Quote from: Mullers OG on November 27, 2022, 06:14:47 PM
Careers are short. Difficult to turn down playing for one of the top world teams and the possibility of champions league football. It all depends on whether the rumour is true, the amount and the player's ambitions. I hope he stays but will understand it if he decides to move on to Milan.

Agree but I think he will also ask himself whether he is likely to be a starter or a benchwarmer. The latter role is somewhat less rewarding despite it being one of Europe's bigger teams.

hovewhite

20 million that will buy his right leg if there lucky 50 million might tempt TK to sell.Even then probably not as the khan's don't need the money.