watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR manager quits after six months

Started by Thailand Mick, November 29, 2022, 02:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thailand Mick

He's left to go and manage Glasgow Rangers. I know we have a rivalry with them but you have to feel for the fans. I personally would love to see people like this fail and dissappear into oblivion, what a way to treat a club that's given you your first chance to manage.

LC

Naturally they're one of are key rivals, but I want to see them succeed and get back in the PL. Nothing like a west London derby. The more London clubs that are in the PL is a net benefit for us- less travel time for our players and it also means the northern clubs need to travel more.. it definitely has an impact over the course of the season.

Would love to see QPR, Watford and Charlton back in the PL one day

alfie

Quote from: Thailand Mick on November 29, 2022, 02:19:20 AM
He's left to go and manage Glasgow Rangers. I know we have a rivalry with them but you have to feel for the fans. I personally would love to see people like this fail and dissappear into oblivion, what a way to treat a club that's given you your first chance to manage.
It's his job not a hobby, no different to anyone of us if we were offered a better job with better prospects we would take it. Why should it be different just because it's football, everyone has the right to improve their position/lifestyle. Roy soon dumped us when Liverpool came knocking.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Hugh Gentry

I imagine he discovered that it takes even longer to get a beer at half-time in the away end at The Loftadome than it does in the Hammy End.

Beamer

He had turned down Wolves already but whilst we all love to rib our Scottish friends about their football teams Rangers are still a big club with fanatical support, let alone the salary hike I assume he's getting. I do think with managers club jumping that loyalty is a 2 way street and how quick are most clubs in sacking managers when they don't get what they want from the team.

SG

And dont forget he was the assistant there to Gerrard

alfie

Also QPR gave Rangers permission to talk with him, they could have said no.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bassey the warrior

Strikes me as odd that he turned down the Wolves job and went to Rangers, I know they're a bigger club but the league and the quality of players is far inferior. Shows a lack of ambition to me.

filham

What would Silva do if an offer came from a big club.

hovewhite

Compared to wolves can see why he chose Glasgow rangers.

Mince n Tatties

Scottie Parker being lined up I wonder.🤔

StuinSalop

The last think I want to see is QPR thrive.  We will compete with them for a fan base, especially the youngsters starting to follow football.   Bad enough Brentford doing so well which i suspect will end when Frank buggers off.

Buffalo76

Quote from: StuinSalop on November 29, 2022, 12:51:28 PM
The last think I want to see is QPR thrive.  We will compete with them for a fan base, especially the youngsters starting to follow football.   Bad enough Brentford doing so well which i suspect will end when Frank buggers off.

:plus one:

Andy S

I want to see them do well. Promotion is not beyond them. Good close London Derbies is what football is all about. Without a doubt we are bigger than QPR. But I still love to play against them and I would prefer them to get promoted than see us relegated

Surlyc

Quote from: alfie on November 29, 2022, 07:13:01 AM
It's his job not a hobby, no different to anyone of us if we were offered a better job with better prospects we would take it. Why should it be different just because it's football, everyone has the right to improve their position/lifestyle. Roy soon dumped us when Liverpool came knocking.

While I think this is a fair point, it should be noted that short term jobs are usually a negative in any other line of work and it's actually been a black mark against certain managers (e.g. Silva). I understand wanting to make the move, I probably would have done the same, but he is taking quite a big gamble given the short time he was at QPR.

For QPR, this is the risk of gambling on promising young managers. Usually they do see out their first season though!

MickyAdamsFamily

I'm sorry, maybe it makes me a bad person, but I would never want to see QPR promoted. I prefer not to think of them, but if I do, I'd like them to wither away into obscurity. I can even admit to getting a certain perverse pleasure when things don't work out for them, like occasions such as this, or when they just miss out on the playoffs. I'm actually still a bit cheesed off that they never received any massive penalty, fine, or points deduction for their financial transgressions. I'm hoping to learn to be a more generous person instead of being spiteful and petty, but it's a long road to redemption...
:-)

SP

Personally, I think Mick Beale deserves credit for lasting that long down there.

Buffalo76

Quote from: MickyAdamsFamily on November 30, 2022, 07:10:37 PM
I'm sorry, maybe it makes me a bad person, but I would never want to see QPR promoted. I prefer not to think of them, but if I do, I'd like them to wither away into obscurity. I can even admit to getting a certain perverse pleasure when things don't work out for them, like occasions such as this, or when they just miss out on the playoffs. I'm actually still a bit cheesed off that they never received any massive penalty, fine, or points deduction for their financial transgressions. I'm hoping to learn to be a more generous person instead of being spiteful and petty, but it's a long road to redemption...
:-)

On the contrary, you're anything but bad. Well said post 👍

bunter

Agree 100%. Would love to see him fail at Rangers 🤞

bobbo

Quote from: alfie on November 29, 2022, 07:13:01 AM

spot on my thoughts too.
1975 just leaving home full of hope