watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Pele fighting cancer

Started by Thailand Mick, November 30, 2022, 04:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thailand Mick

For me the greatest player of all time, the things he did and tried on a football field where years ahead of its time. At his age its going to be a tough battle but let's hope he win this one.

ianthailand

Quote from: Thailand Mick on November 30, 2022, 04:15:42 PM
For me the greatest player of all time, the things he did and tried on a football field where years ahead of its time. At his age its going to be a tough battle but let's hope he win this one.
Agreed about Pele especially with the pitches played on and assaults, not tackles, him and players like Best had to endure.

JimOG

Quote from: ianthailand on November 30, 2022, 04:46:36 PM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on November 30, 2022, 04:15:42 PM
Agreed about Pele especially with the pitches played on and assaults, not tackles, him and players like Best had to endure.

That 1970 Brazilian side that hammered the ultra defensive Italians was a joy to watch and Pele was magical. There were moments in their second half against Serbia that evoked that wonderful relentless attacking rhythm.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes i agree that Pele is the greatest player of all time.
No question about it when you consider that the game was more physical and men behaved like men, not like football today.

The tackle from behind had yet to be outlawed as well as some of the atrocious pitches players had to play on.

The cheats today would never have survived.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Yes, Pele has to be the greatest player of all time and with today's intensive media coverage would be even greater.
Best wishes to him in fighting his illness.

ffcthereligion

I understand the old gits on here will always say that the players they grew up with were better than the ones today and I will no doubt fall victim to the same in saying Messi is greatest ever player but Pele was literally playing against farmers his whole career and wouldn't get into a premier league side these days such is the difference in fitness etc. Not fair to compare against eras I know but its just semantics to pretend Pele is better than the modern day players

davew

Quote from: ffcthereligion on December 01, 2022, 02:01:18 PM
I understand the old gits on here will always say that the players they grew up with were better than the ones today and I will no doubt fall victim to the same in saying Messi is greatest ever player but Pele was literally playing against farmers his whole career and wouldn't get into a premier league side these days such is the difference in fitness etc. Not fair to compare against eras I know but its just semantics to pretend Pele is better than the modern day players
You are so wrong, have you ever seen him play?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: filham on November 30, 2022, 06:33:52 PM
Yes, Pele has to be the greatest player of all time and with today's intensive media coverage would be even greater.
Best wishes to him in fighting his illness.
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Are you a young git or a middle aged git, or just a git  ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2022, 02:15:33 AM

Are you a young git or a middle aged git, or just a git  ?

The latter I think Woolly  :005:

Fulham1959

I saw Pele play for Santos in a friendly at Stoke City, circa 1965.  He scored 2 outrageous goals and, in my book, bears comparison with any player from any era.

hovewhite

Another old git here,Pele not many players including today can hold a candle to him,some may get close.