watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - what's going on in the cricket

Started by Thailand Mick, December 01, 2022, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thailand Mick

England have hit 174-0 off 27 overs in the morning session on the first day of the test match against Pakistan. I think that could be a record.

Woolly Mammoth

Crawley 122 not out, Duckett 107,
England currently 235-1
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

235-2 Root and Pope in.
They need to steady the ship. 

Never forget your Roots.

Thailand Mick

Crawley hits fastest opening test century for an Englishman.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Poor old Root.
The only English batsman not to fill his boots!

Woolly Mammoth

506 - 4   close of play.
Pope 108, Brooks 101 not out.

Never forget your Roots.

Thailand Mick

Smashed records all over the place, first team to ever score more than 500 runs on the first day of a test match and only faced 75 over.

filham

Can't believe what I am readig here, this is not the England we know. A collapse is needed otherwise us fans will  need counselling , we have not the experience to handle situations like this.

Hatch007

Quote from: filham on December 01, 2022, 05:07:53 PM
Can't believe what I am readig here, this is not the England we know. A collapse is needed otherwise us fans will  need counselling , we have not the experience to handle situations like this.
Did you miss the summer of 6 Test wins out of 7 with records tumbling by the match? 😂

All credit to Stokes and McCullum for shifting the mentality of the players to transform their performances. They are changing the way Test cricket will be played by other nations 👊

Art Vandelay

Definitely a batting pitch, Pakistan now 401-3, could be a high score draw

filham

Quote from: Art Vandelay on December 03, 2022, 09:48:04 AM
Definitely a batting pitch, Pakistan now 401-3, could be a high score draw
Yes, looks like a draw, niether captain is going to risk a declaration on that wicket.

Hugh Gentry

3 quick wickets in the morning, the likelyhood is we will smash 400 in 65 overs, however, no way will Pakistan chase it.

Thailand Mick

England need one wicket with approximately 30 minutes of light left.

Thailand Mick

England win with approximately 15 minutes of play left. What a great performance on a dead pitch and what a brave declaration from stokes.

bog

What a test that was! The change in England's fortunes since Ben Stokes and Brendan McCullum took over is phenomenal.   :54:

092.gif

Deeping_white

Also a record for the number of runs to be hit in a 5 day test match, only beaten by two games that weren't time limited from the 1930's

Penfold

To me, it proves that test cricket is the pinnacle of the sport. Hopefully, the changes at the top of the ecb will ensure that development of players for this format is the number one priority. Not setting up short format games that no other international country plays.

SG

Quote from: Penfold on December 05, 2022, 01:00:29 PM
To me, it proves that test cricket is the pinnacle of the sport. Hopefully, the changes at the top of the ecb will ensure that development of players for this format is the number one priority. Not setting up short format games that no other international country plays.

Its not called 'Test' for nothing! Unfortunately the ECB contract with TV for the Hundred runs to 2025 so I think the Hundred is here to stay for some time, although I agree with your sentiments 100%

SG

Quote from: bog on December 05, 2022, 12:05:28 PM
What a test that was! The change in England's fortunes since Ben Stokes and Brendan McCullum took over is phenomenal.   :54:

092.gif

It is remarkable. What an inspiration he, Stokes, must be for the other players in the team