watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FIFA Uncovered

Started by Logicalman, December 02, 2022, 12:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

If you haven't seen it yet, and want to understand the background to the furore that encircled the Qatar WCF winning bid, plus the far reaching effects, including the final downfall of Warner, Blazer, etc, then FIFA Uncovered, a mini-series on Netflix is a must watch.

Four 1 hour episodes, of interviews with people involved in and with the organization, dating back to the beginnigs of FIFA as we know it today (circa 1970's), including Mohammed bin Hammam, and even Blatter himself, together with FBI agents involved in the final investigation.

It's pretty powerful stuff, and not some sensationalist piece thrown together from newspaper cuttings and inference that we, all too often, see being spouted as investigative journalism.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

bog

Thanks. I will have some of that.  :54:

092.gif

WindyCity

These last two World Cup venues have been deplorable.  Qatar and Russia.  How these countries can be selected is a mystery to me (well, maybe not so much a mystery, money talks) with their known and obvious human rights violations.

The 2026 venue appears to be a sharing of USA/Mexico/Canada.  Not sure how that will work, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Would be more interested to see this event hosted by countries like UK, Spain, Italy, France et al and maybe some South American countries (not the dictatorships of course).

Logicalman

Quote from: WindyCity on December 02, 2022, 05:00:57 PM
These last two World Cup venues have been deplorable.  Qatar and Russia.  How these countries can be selected is a mystery to me (well, maybe not so much a mystery, money talks) with their known and obvious human rights violations.

Watch the above Netflix series, your questions will be almost completely answered.

The 2026 venue appears to be a sharing of USA/Mexico/Canada.  Not sure how that will work, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

We have seen this before in 2002 with Japan/South Korea.
As each group is totally autonomous from the others, then they can be hosted in different regions. There is more time for travel when the knockout stages are reached.

Would be more interested to see this event hosted by countries like UK, Spain, Italy, France et al and maybe some South American countries (not the dictatorships of course).

The biggest issue these days is the cost of hosting the WCF is a massive layout of finance that most Countries will find it difficult to handle, along with the infrastructure requirements.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

love4ffc

This is a great short documentary that takes the history of FIFA back to the very beginning of its corruption.  The 1978 World Cup being hosted by the Argentine and its then leader the dictator Jorge Rafael Videla. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Rambler

The sooner countries turn their backs on FIFA the better.

It's a pretty rotten organisation to the core and I don't believe gianni infantino is any different to the previous 'dictators'

MisfitKid

Quote from: Rambler on December 02, 2022, 07:08:26 PM
The sooner countries turn their backs on FIFA the better.

It's a pretty rotten organisation to the core and I don't believe gianni infantino is any different to the previous 'dictators'

Completely agree.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Dodger53

And all three have automatically qualified.

DadCreature

From what I gather living here in the States, there will be 2 locations in Canada, 3 in Mexico (including the opening match in the Azteca) and 11 locations in the USA.  So, it's mainly a US tournament. 

H4usuallysitting

Regrettably, haven't got Netflix