watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"He's coming home, he's coming....

Started by South Coast White, December 02, 2022, 09:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Silva will get him firing and motivated also time is a great healer.

General

He'll have extra motivation and ability to get to and perform with serbia at the next euros and world cup. Time for the serbia squad to consolidate, grow and learn the lessons.

He's youngish still and their talisman, with vlahovic, pavlovic and tadic (though less sure about tadic's age), they've got a good spine there with room to grow. And milenko savic.

Fernhurst

Also Tim and Jedi on the plane, these three lads definitely need some R&R before resuming training
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

perry geyton

It's not like Serbia are good enough to even come close to winning it, so get over it, get yourself home and get fit to finish our season in style
It's Fulham that pays him 100K + a week not Serbia

SerbianLad

Quote from: perry geyton on December 03, 2022, 05:15:23 PM
It's not like Serbia are good enough to even come close to winning it, so get over it, get yourself home and get fit to finish our season in style
That's a really condescending thing to say. Croatia who are a smaller country by population and didn't have a much better team (on paper) reached the final last World Cup. We completely outplayed Portugal in both qualifying games and I guess you would never say that Portugal are not even close to being good enough to win the WC. We played poorly at this WC, but that doesn't mean we are nowhere near good enough to compete against the very best when we are at our best level.

perry geyton

Quote from: SerbianLad on December 03, 2022, 05:30:36 PM
That's a really condescending thing to say. Croatia who are a smaller country by population and didn't have a much better team (on paper) reached the final last World Cup. We completely outplayed Portugal in both qualifying games and I guess you would never say that Portugal are not even close to being good enough to win the WC. We played poorly at this WC, but that doesn't mean we are nowhere near good enough to compete against the very best when we are at our best level.

Certainly didn't mean to offend and I'd say the same about England

SerbianLad

Quote from: perry geyton on December 03, 2022, 05:33:42 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on December 03, 2022, 05:30:36 PM

Certainly didn't mean to offend and I'd say the same about England
I'm sorry then, but it kind of sounded like that. I appologize if I interpreted it wrong.

Still, he can be disappointed that we didn't go through in the group as we had a chance to do that at least.

DadCreature

I'll nominate Ream as player of the tournament for the USA.  Jedi was a little too loose with the ball at times or he might get my vote.   (Tyler Adam had that locked up until he forgot to track back on the first goal today).   Would have been such an amazing moment if Tim could have gotten a clean strike on that ball that fell to him in front of the goal.  He had a clean look at PBR.

SerbianLad

Quote from: DadCreature on December 03, 2022, 05:56:03 PM
I'll nominate Ream as player of the tournament for the USA.  Jedi was a little too loose with the ball at times or he might get my vote.   (Tyler Adam had that locked up until he forgot to track back on the first goal today).   Would have been such an amazing moment if Tim could have gotten a clean strike on that ball that fell to him in front of the goal.  He had a clean look at PBR.
:plus one:

FulhamKC

I thought Ream was excellent but would give the USMNT MVP to Robinson. I think there will be many after him.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: FulhamKC on December 04, 2022, 01:53:12 AM

I thought Ream was excellent but would give the USMNT MVP to Robinson. I think there will be many after him.

Eh, Robinson wasn't particularly good in either of the last two matches for the US. If I was going to pick a player of the tournament for the US he wouldn't even make my top 3.

RaySmith

Quote from: Chi_FFC on December 04, 2022, 05:43:12 AM

Eh, Robinson wasn't particularly good in either of the last two matches for the US. If I was going to pick a player of the tournament for the US he wouldn't even make my top 3.

I thought both very good in all games, Jedi particularly.
Just shows how opinions differ!

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Chi_FFC

Quote from: RaySmith on December 04, 2022, 07:02:58 AM
Quote from: Chi_FFC on December 04, 2022, 05:43:12 AM

I thought both very good in all games, Jedi particularly.
Just shows how opinions differ!

I can kind of understand how one might see the Iran match differently because he did some things well in that match, but for me he was just way too poor in possession (led the US in possession lost on the day). However I'm really not sure how anyone could say he looked "very good" yesterday. I'm willing to believe that he may have been gassed from going 90 in the three previous matches but Dumfries got a ton of joy down his side of the pitch and of course there was the 3rd goal where he inexplicably left Dumfries unmarked.

Fernhurst

Only our Snap Dragon Portuguese star left out there.   
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Hatch007

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 04, 2022, 08:24:20 PM
who didn't even get on the pitch tonight. Not that they missed him after smashing the Swiss, somewhat ominously perhaps.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Hatch007 on December 06, 2022, 11:46:30 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on December 04, 2022, 08:24:20 PM
who didn't even get on the pitch tonight. Not that they missed him after smashing the Swiss, somewhat ominously perhaps.
and yet they put Ronaldo on, it would have been better putting on players that will be the future for Portugal to give them some experience.