more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 02/12/22...

Started by WhiteJC, December 02, 2022, 12:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Agent rules out £20m Aston Villa or Fulham move for 25-year-old star

Franck Kessie's agent has quashed rumours of a potential move to Premier League duo Fulham or Aston Villa while telling Calciomercato that the former AC Milan star has no plans to leave La Liga giants Barcelona. 

Since moving to Spain on a free transfer over the summer, Kessie has started just three La Liga matches. And only twice in the Champions League. 

But, as the Ivorian's representative is at pains to point out, none of this has come as a surprise to Kessie. With Gavi, Pedri and Sergio Busquets already in situ at the Camp Nou, and with Frenkie de Jong sticking around, the one-time Atalanta youngster always knew that he'd have a battle on his hands to secure a first-team spot under Xavi Hernandez. 

And this is not a battle Kessie has any intention of walking away from. 

Franck Kessie tipped to leave Barcelona for Aston Villa or Fulham
"Franck has never been as happy as he is now," explains George Atangana. He has achieved a goal that, for many players, remains only a dream, which is to play for Barcelona. And I challenge anyone to say otherwise. 

"(His lack of game-time is) nothing we hadn't already anticipated. It is clear that, over time, he expects to play more. But we have (just) arrived in Spain and here the philosophy is different. Franck is adapting to a new type of football.  

"This is certainly not what scares him. On the contrary, these (challenges) are all stimuli, part of a growth process. It's only a matter of time (before he becomes a key player for Barca). 

"Everyone at Barcelona is very happy with the player. And I want to clarify once and for all that a departure from Barcelona is not planned today." 

Kessie, who earns £105,000-a-week in Catalonia, was linked with a potential £20 million move to Fulham or Aston Villa recently, via Sport.

With Pau Torres, Nicolas Jackson and Mikel Merino also reportedly on Villa's radar, the arrival of Unai Emery as head coach could coincide with some high-profile additions from Spain's top-flight. 

But, whatever happens, Kessie won't be among them. 

"(The new signings) are adapting very well to the team. Physically, Kessie is a very strong player," says Xavi, highlighting the different sort of presence the 25-year-old brings. He is the dynamo in a dainty midfield.

"(Kessie) can get to the back line and cross. It is important (for him and other newcomers) that they start to get to know our idea of the game."

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/12/01/agent-rules-out-20m-aston-villa-or-fulham-move-for-25-year-old-star/

WhiteJC

Jay Stansfield fit for Exeter City's trip to Morecambe

The on-loan Fulham striker left the field of play in some discomfort towards the end of the Grecians' 4-1 FA Cup drubbing at Oxford United last weekend and there were concerns that he may have dislocated his shoulder.

Jay Stansfield has been passed fit and will be back in contention for Exeter City's League One trip to struggling Morecambe tomorrow night. The on-loan Fulham striker left the field of play in some discomfort towards the end of the Grecians' 4-1 FA Cup drubbing at Oxford United last weekend and there were concerns that he may have dislocated his shoulder.

However, manager Gary Caldwell has allayed any fears over the 20-year-old striker, who has been in such good form for the Grecians of late, picking up the EFL Young player of the month award for October.

"Everyone is good for Friday night," Caldwell said. "There was a big worry with Stanno at the end of the game on Saturday but, thankfully, it wasn't as bad as we'd feared. He has fully recovered – we gave him Monday as a rest day – but he has trained all week, so the squad is the same as it was last week."

Oxford's reward for last week's win is a dream third round clash at home to Premier League giants Arsenal, which will offer them the chance of a financial windfall. For Exeter, it's a case of what could have been, but in the immediate aftermath of last week's loss, Caldwell has been impressed with the response of his players in training. "There has been a reaction to Saturday, which I am delighted about, and now we have to take that into the game on Friday night," he said.

Meanwhile, Caldwell hopes to shop early in the January transfer window, which will give him his first opportunity to add to the ranks. The City boss has been in constant dialogue with head of recruitment, Marcus Flitcroft, over what improvements can be made to the squad and he will get the chance to bring players into the club after Christmas.,

"I have three kids, so I feel more pressure about my shopping in December than I do in January!" Caldwell joked. "January is big and I have had great conversations with Marcus and that is running alongside everything in the background.

"Once the preparation for training, the recovery and the preparing for games is done, then we are also looking at January targets, so we are moving along. I wouldn't say we are clear on any specific targets, or we have people that are close, but we have a lot of names in mind and we are clear on what we need as a team.

"We'll keep speaking to people, speaking to agents and clubs and identify targets so that come January 1, we are ready to act in areas we feel we need to be stronger."

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/jay-stansfield-fit-exeter-citys-7881348

WhiteJC

Nathan Jones has already outlined his Southampton plan ahead of Brighton and Fulham tests

Southampton manager Nathan Jones and his staff have just under three weeks remaining with the first team players before his first game in charge at St Mary's against Lincoln City

There may be no Premier League games at the moment, but the time is now for new Southampton manager Nathan Jones when it comes to getting his ideas across to his players.

The former Luton Town boss and his first-team players are back at Southampton's Staplewood training ground this week after a short break while the World Cup group stage got underway. All the players not involved at the tournament in Qatar are now busy preparing for the resumption of the Premier League season, with Saints' next league fixture against Brighton & Hove Albion on Boxing Day.

That is now just 25 days away, with a Carabao Cup fourth-round tie against Lincoln City to come five days before that, giving Jones less than three weeks to work with the squad he has inherited since succeeding Ralph Hasenhuttl in the Saints hotseat.

Jones and Southampton have been boosted by the presence of Kyle Walker-Peters in gym sessions with the first team as he builds up his fitness, having missed out on Saints' last five games in all competitions with a hamstring injury.

Only central defenders Armel Bella-Kotchap and Mohammed Salisu are currently at the World Cup, with Germany and Ghana respectively, giving Jones the bulk of his squad to work with at Staplewood.

And the Welshman has already stated how he will be using this time on the training ground and the upcoming warm weather training camp in Andalucia in Spain next week prior to the return of competitive football for Southampton.

Speaking at his first press conference as Southampton manager, Jones said: "We have to make small steps and we have to make them quickly. If I'm honest I've been at the right end of the table more than the wrong end. When I came back to Luton I know they were in a precarious position.

"The real bonus is that we have 4-6 weeks without games, well not without games but without the pressure and the distraction of games and I can do real, real work with the team and then hopefully put an imprint on how we move forward.

"It's not going to be revolutionary in a week or two. It's going to be trying to get our work, our philosophy, and our structure over really quickly and a good buy-in from the players a real discipline from then and we can start to build.

"It gives me an opportunity to work with them, any opportunity I get to work without just having to go to games, it can have either effect because if you win games it can become a catalyst. Right now I take the fact that I get to work with them, I get to be around them, they get to know a lot about me, get to understand how I work, how my staff work, and then to use the good things that are already here."

And Jones has already made an impression at Southampton, with Saints forward Theo Walcott recently stating that the 49-year-old had already established a connection with his players, while there is a positive mood at the training ground as Jones and his staff look to try and help the club out of the relegation zone when Premier League football returns later this month.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/nathan-jones-southampton-plan-brighton-7883303

WhiteJC

Fulham FC Women are back in action!

Come and show your support for Fulham FC Women this Sunday as they return to Motspur Park!

Fulham FC Women take on Dulwich Hamlet Women in London & South East Regional League action on Sunday 4th December, kick-off 2.30pm, as they continue their pursuit of promotion.

The side followed up their Craven Cottage debut with an enthralling 3-1 victory away to Millwall Lionesses.

Be sure to head to the Training Ground and support the side during a busy fesitve period on the Arena pitch!

Tickets for Women's home fixtures are priced at £5 for Adults and just £1 for under 18s. Tickets can be purchased online at tickets.fulhamfc.com or by calling 0203 871 0810 (Mon – Fri, 9am-5pm).

SECURE YOUR SEAT

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/december/01/fulham-fc-women-are-back-in-action-/

WhiteJC

Coach reveals that young player who passed away this week 'dreamed of going to Fulham'

Fulham are today suddenly mentioned in stories about Atletico Tucuman midfielder Andrés Balanta, who passed away this week.

The Colombian player collapsed during a training session on Tuesday, and despite medics attending and him being transferred to hospital, he tragically died at just 22-years-of-age.

The local media is obviously very moved about the death of such a young footballer, and today, Infobae features a special story about messages Balanta had recently sent to people close to him, as well as statements from those who knew him.

They take quotes from Venezuelan manager Rafael Dudamel, who had been his coach at Deportivo Cali, revealing that the player had 'dreamed' of joining Fulham.

"I don't know if I'm going to have happy dreams, because when I found out the news of the death of Andrés Balanta, a player I had at Deportivo Cali, who dreamed of going to Fulham, and now that this happens to him, it has been very unfortunate. My condolences to your family."

Andrés Balanta grew up at Deportivo Cali, where he even made an appearance in the Copa Libertadores, and had been sent to Atletico Tucuman on loan this season. The player also had caps for Colombia's U17, U20 and U23 squads, so certainly had the beginnings of a good career.

Since Fulham were never really linked to him, it's interesting to see that he had such a specific wish of joining the Craven Cottage side, and it'd be nice to see the club addressing that desire somehow.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/coach-reveals-young-player-passed-away-week-dreamed-going-fulham/

WhiteJC

Liverpool's £29m star in last Brazil XI to beat Cameroon before Qatar 2022

Brazil face Cameroon at the 2022 World Cup on Friday in their last Group G game. But who joined Liverpool ace Roberto Firmino in the last Selecao XI to beat Les Lions Indomptables?

It has been four years since the two nations last met in a friendly played in Milton Keynes. Richarlison came off Brazil's bench for Neymar in the early stages and ultimately produced the only goal. The forward, then of Everton, sent his superb header beyond Andre Onana.

Tite had only given Richarlison his Selecao bow in September 2018 following a £35m, up to £50m, move from Watford. But the 25-year-old, who cost Tottenham Hotspur £50m rising up to £60m this August, is unlikely to start when Brazil meet Cameroon in Lusail on Friday.

Tite is set to ring the changes when Brazil meet Cameroon at Qatar 2022
Brazil can clinch the top spot in Group G against Cameroon, who must win to make the last 16. Les Lions Indomptables also need Serbia to draw or beat Switzerland by a lesser margin than their win. Anything but a Switzerland win will see Brazil advance as the group winner.

Richarlison has played an instrumental role in the Selecao's early efforts at Qatar 2022. He scored both of their goals to beat Serbia 2-0 in an otherwise unconvincing performance by the record five-time champions. Brazil needed an 83rd-minute Casemiro goal to beat Nati.

But Goal reports Tite will ring the changes and rest most of his main players for the Round of 16. The Brazil coach sees no reason in risking one of his key options sustaining an injury against Cameroon. Dani Alves is one option who could come in to start at just 39 years old.

Brazil have won their past two meetings with Cameroon at World Cups
Firmino is not in Qatar to help inspire another Brazil win against Cameroon, who have only beaten the Selecao once before. Tite elected against taking the Liverpool forward to Qatar. But Tite did start the 55-cap forward the last time the Selecao met Les Lions Indomptables.

The 1-0 affair at Stadium MK in November 2018 settled by Richarlison was the sixth game between Brazil and Cameroon. The Selecao have won on five occasions to date since first meeting in June 1994. Their first match and one in June 2014 also occurred at World Cups.

Brazil beat Cameroon 3-0 at USA 1994 in their second Group B tie en route to claiming the top spot. Les Lions Indomptables finished last in the group with one point from nine. They also finished last in Group A in 2014 after facing the host nation, Brazil, last and losing 4-1.

Tite will hope to extend Brazil's perfect record against Cameroon at World Cups on Friday. So, ahead of the Group G affair at Qatar 2022, HITC Football has taken a look at who joined Liverpool star Firmino in starting the last time that a Brazil XI faced and beat Cameroon...

Ederson (GK): Tite could start the Brazil stopper against Cameroon on Friday
Tite started Ederson the last time Brazil beat Cameroon but the Manchester City stopper is not his No.1. Yet with the Selecao through to the last 16 at Qatar 2022, the 18-cap star can come in for Alisson Becker. Liverpool's 58-cap ace started against Serbia and Switzerland.

Danilo (RB): An injury has hit the Juventus defender at Qatar 2022
Danilo started Brazil's opening game at Qatar 2022 against Serbia but had to sit out their win over Switzerland. The 47-cap Juventus defender sustained an ankle injury in the 2-0 win over Orlovi. Real Madrid centre-back Eder Militao took his place against Switzerland.

Marquinhos (CB): The PSG captain is finally staring at a World Cup
Marquinhos made his Brazil debut in 2013 but did not make the Selecao's 2014 World Cup squad. He also only featured once for one minute at Russia 2018 in the last 16. But the 72-cap Paris Saint-Germain captain is finally playing an integral role on the FIFA stage in Qatar.

Pablo Castro (CB): Tite gave the Flamengo man his only two caps in 2018
Tite gave Pablo Castro his Brazil debut at 27 in October 2018 against Saudi Arabia. But the centre-back earned his second, and most recent, cap in the Selecao's win over Cameroon that November. The 31-year-old now at Flamengo has not made a single Brazil side since.

Alex Sandro (LB): An injury will keep the Brazil star out vs Cameroon
Alex Sandro will not start against Cameroon this Friday as Brazil have ruled the defender out with a hip injury. Tite will hope to have the 39-cap Juventus defender fit for the last 16 after starting their first two games. He has been their first choice in the role since 2018.

Arthur Melo (CDM): A thigh injury ended any hopes he had of going to Qatar
A thigh injury ended any lingering hopes Arthur Melo had of making Brazil's squad for the 2022 World Cup. The 22-cap midfielder has only played 13 minutes since joining Liverpool on loan from Juventus this September. He has only made two Selecao outings since 2019.

Allan (CM): Al-Wahda FC's new star anchored Brazil against Cameroon in 2018
Allan anchored the Brazil engine room against Cameroon in November 2018 in their last meeting before Qatar 2022. Since then, the 10-cap 31-year-old left Napoli for Everton for £21m in 2020. He also left Goodison Park for Al-Wahda FC in the UAE in this September.

Paulinho (CM): Cameroon proved to be the midfielder's final cap for Brazil
Facing Cameroon in November 2018 is likely to be the last of Paulinho's caps for Brazil. Tite has not named the 34-year-old, now playing for Corinthians, in any of his teams since their friendly in Milton Keynes. Paulinho offered 13 goals and 10 assists over his 56 caps to date.

Willian (RW): Fulham have now signed the man who assisted Richarlison in 2018
Willian delivered the cross from which Richarlison scored the only goal the last time Brazil beat Cameroon in 2018. It was one of 15 goals the winger, now at Fulham, created over his 70 caps so far. The 34-year-old also has nine goals but has not played for Brazil since 2019.

Roberto Firmino (ST): Tite only axed the Liverpool star before the World Cup
Tite only axed Firmino from his Brazil set-up when naming his World Cup squad. The £29m Liverpool forward was still a part of the Selecao side as recently as September. But the 31-year-old did not add to his 55 caps to date, let alone add to his 17 goals and seven assists.

Neymar (LW): An injury took Brazil's talisman off in 2018 and out in 2022
Neymar tweaked his groin and had to come off after just eight minutes the last time Brazil met Cameroon. The Selecao talisman will also miss this Friday's World Cup match while he recovers from an ankle injury. He suffered the blow during Brazil's 2-0 win against Serbia.

The Serbia showdown marked Neymar's 122nd game for Brazil across all competitions so far. Tite will hope the 30-year-old Paris Saint-Germain forward can add to his tally during Qatar 2022. He will also hope to see Neymar add to his 75 goals and 55 assists registered.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/12/01/liverpools-29m-star-in-last-brazil-xi-to-beat-cameroon-before-qatar-2022/