watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kevin Mcdonald - the long read

Started by Thailand Mick, December 03, 2022, 12:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

What a great player and person. Would love to see him back at the club in some capacity.

Cambridge Away

:bump:
Maybe there has been overkill of Kev McDonald news and i missed it, but was surprised by the lack of responses to this.
Or perhaps it was because it was called "the Long read" which put people off.

Thought it was a refreshing read from someone who can let loose a little more on matters now he has left. It reminded me of reading Simon Morgans weekly musings in the programme, at a time when there was less risk of a backlash for any such stories about our set up. The fact that articles like this are permitted to be printed does perhaps show that our hierarchy is happy to take a light hearted approach to life
...Did i read it wrong that the Fulham team went out on the lash when our 23 game unbeaten run came to an end against Birmingham? It must have worked as we still got promoted!

Great to hear about the guy and hope he will still push on here despite being 34. He seems confident

Sting of the North

Hatch007

Cambridge, I haven't read it a second time to check but I think he said they went on the lash after the Sunderland defeat, immediately after which the 23 game unbeaten run commenced.

Absolute quality if so 👊⚽️

Edit: curiosity got the better of me so I checked ...

"You go on a night out, you go on a two-day bender, then suddenly you come out looking like Barcelona for the next 23 games."

Genius team-bonding 😂🍻

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Hatch007 on December 07, 2022, 12:07:22 AM
Cambridge, I haven't read it a second time to check but I think he said they went on the lash after the Sunderland defeat, immediately after which the 23 game unbeaten run commenced.

Absolute quality if so 👊⚽️

Edit: curiosity got the better of me so I checked ...

"You go on a night out, you go on a two-day bender, then suddenly you come out looking like Barcelona for the next 23 games."

Genius team-bonding 😂🍻
Yeah, i am not sure how that would happen. How does a team lose to a Chris Coleman (and Kit Symons) Sunderland, go on a bender for two days, and then go on a 23 game unbeaten run. It has to be genius rather than idiocy plus a load of luck.