https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Jude Bellingham

Started by Peabody, November 29, 2022, 09:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Reminds me of Duncan Edwards, who, sadly, never reached his potential

RaySmith

Has that quality Edwards had, that makes everyone say 'wow, what a complete player.'

Remember the Munich plane crash - so many great young players lost- the plane trying to take off with ice on the wings, I think - terrible.

Surlyc

Bellingham is a very talented player with surprising maturity for his age, who should really only get better. I just hope he avoids the giant bid from Man Utd in January and moves to Liverpool/City in the summer, that would be much better for his development.

bog

I will never forget Duncan Edwards Peabody. If you have not read this I recommend a biography about Duncan.

Still recall being in the school corridors when hearing of the plane crash. 

Twig

Nah, apparently the whole bunch of them are dire, boring and waiting to be thumped by the first "proper" football team we meet (which is, of course, thoroughly disrespectful to those we've played so far).

JimOG

Quote from: bog on November 30, 2022, 09:07:09 AM
I will never forget Duncan Edwards Peabody. If you have not read this I recommend a biography about Duncan.

I remember a story about the England U21 team becoming too dependent on Edwards. Manager Walter Winterbottam's pre-match talk v Yugoslavia was to the effect "play your own game. Leave Edwards out of it".
Down 0-2 at half time Walter goes for Plan B "give it to Edwards". Result 3-2 win and young United tyro gets a hat-trick. My dad reckoned he was the most impressive young defender he'd ever seen

alfie

Quote from: JimOG on November 30, 2022, 10:05:07 AM

I remember a story about the England U21 team becoming too dependent on Edwards. Manager Walter Winterbottam's pre-match talk v Yugoslavia was to the effect "play your own game. Leave Edwards out of it".
Down 0-2 at half time Walter goes for Plan B "give it to Edwards". Result 3-2 win and young United tyro gets a hat-trick. My dad reckoned he was the most impressive young defender he'd ever seen
Seems like it's mirrored by our Mitro, we have become so reliant on him, and yet can't do without him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Stoneleigh Loyalist

One of the bad effects of that Munich Air Crash was that we had to play a reconstructed Man Utd team in the semi final of the F.A Cuo only weeks after the disaster.
Everyone in the country apart from Fulham fans wanted Man Utd to win and it was a strange feeling going to the first match knowing the feelings of their fans.
I was Ill and missed the replay but I did see it on tv.
Duncan Edwards could have gone on to be one of our greatest ever players but another interesting fact about the crash was that it gave Jim Langley one of his few opportunities to step in to the England team. Not that he would have wanted it that way.

ianthailand

The only Englishman to come anywhere near Duncan Ewards was Kevin Beattie. Sadly dodgy knees curtailed his career. Hopefully Bellingham fulfills his promise and is more fortunate on the injury front. Please don't go to Liverpool lost all respect for them after Peter Robinson era. Hicks And Gillett and now this greedy shower FSG were and are a disgrace.

filham

I was in a billet at RAF Marham with a few Man.U. fans who were so devastated.

fulhamfan

Bellingham should stay in Germany away from the poisonous UK Tabloid press who will do their best to ruin him

cmg

Quote from: Peabody on November 29, 2022, 09:19:55 PM
Reminds me of Duncan Edwards, who, sadly, never reached his potential
Both born in Dudley.

Dudley hasn't got a lot going for it, but they are very proud of Duncan Edwards and he is commemorated by a very fine statue of him in action for England in the town centre.
It would be fitting if Bellingham was to achieve the levels that Edwards was so sadly prevented from attaining. 

Whitestone

Bellingham will surely captain England in the near future. Another great performance tonight.

gang

I remember the Munich plane crash, apparently the pilot was reluctant to fly because of the dangerous weather conditions.
A great team was destroyed in a moment.

hovewhite

Bellingham having a tremendous world cup and very much his level.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria