watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Callum Macfarlane

Started by MickyAdamsFamily, December 05, 2022, 05:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickyAdamsFamily

Has anyone seen him play for the U-21? I see he's scored with some regularity there, and just scored a brace with the 1st team on the Portugal tour. Seems to be an unusual story in that he didn't come up through our academy (or any academy), but instead he played at school and college. Apparently he impressed Steve Wigley in tryouts last summer such that he was given a professional contract.
Does he have what it takes to make the step up? Have any of you watched him play or know much about him?

Jamie88

Think he's scored 3 in 11 for the U21's so far

At the moment I'm looking at Aaron Loupalo-Bi who has
scored 12 in 13 for both U18's and U21's so far this season

Stoneleigh Loyalist

He is not even a regular for the U21 team coming on as a sub several times.

hovewhite

I didn't think he came from the acedemy and didn't notice him till this game wonder if he will face west spam.

filham

So good to hear that we have promising youngsters.
Don't worry if they are not academy sourced, we have seen late developers make good in the past.

General

Quote from: filham on December 05, 2022, 06:48:53 PM
So good to hear that we have promising youngsters.
Don't worry if they are not academy sourced, we have seen late developers make good in the past.

Agreed - Smalling, Burn are two that spring to mind. The platform is there for the route to first team football and a quality academy with great coaches if a player has the desire to come. The fact that we signed him and announced him suggests the club think they've done well to get him. He'll take a season to get used to playing pro football or at academy level, so if he's already showing signs then that's a good omen.

MickTheBeard

I believe even though he came through the private college in berkshire he was getting some gane time at woking at what level i dont know thats where we spotted him.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I can't be bothered to sit down and complete a full analysis but by my quick calculations I would say that Callum has only completed one full u21 match plus another 200 or so minutes in ten sub appearances.
He obviously has an eye for goal but iwill be in the queue with Stansfield when he returns, Harris, Bowie when he returns and Ollie Sanderson.
But then I remember young Malcolm Macdonald!