Main Menu

The Almost Nearly January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 04, 2022, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thames Bank 1

demeant0r

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on February 26, 2023, 03:04:42 PM
We should try and get Gallagher from chelscum

He's been absolutely shite this season. That's not to say Marco couldn't turn him around but right now it's a no from me.

sarnian

With Gallagher and Palhinha we would walk the yellow card league. 063.gif

SP

Gallagher thinks he's a Champions League player & I wouldn't want him.

HV71

Just watched Udinese. Vs  Spezia and thought Nzola might make a decent back up striker to Mitro.

humussapiens

Parker wanted Nzola I think, in January 2020. FFC made the offer of 10-11 mil but nothing came of it.

filham

We have Cairney, Reed, Palhinha, Lukic and Periera to fill the three midfield positions, I think our summer priority is going to be a premiership proven midfielder.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on February 27, 2023, 10:06:23 AM
We have Cairney, Reed, Palhinha, Lukic and Periera to fill the three midfield positions, I think our summer priority is going to be a premiership proven midfielder.

I wouldn't be looking for goalkeepers, center-midfielders, or center-forwards for the summer pre-season. Surely, the first priority is getting some wingers given Willians, Solomon, Kebano, and James' contracts are ending, plus BDR contract is in his final year. The second priority has to be defenders with both backup full-backs leaving, a centre-back Duffy, and maybe Tosin too, plus Ream use by-date must be one significant injury away.

LC

Deeping_white

As per the Athletic we've held talks with Alejandro Grimaldo who will be a free agent come the summer. He's a Spanish LB currently playing for Benfica and part of the team that absolutely battered Parker's Bruges the other day

@jolslover

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 13, 2023, 10:06:09 AM
As per the Athletic we've held talks with Alejandro Grimaldo who will be a free agent come the summer. He's a Spanish LB currently playing for Benfica and part of the team that absolutely battered Parker's Bruges the other day

Should be a good signing, with Kurzawa going back and interest from top clubs in Robinson - we definitely need an LB and he has loads of Champions league experience
STH H3

FFC1987

Quote from: @jolslover on March 13, 2023, 10:54:50 AM

Should be a good signing, with Kurzawa going back and interest from top clubs in Robinson - we definitely need an LB and he has loads of Champions league experience

Can't say I know much about him. Is he quick and covers some serious yards? Robinson or Tete is a huge loss to our game I feel.

Deeping_white

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 13, 2023, 11:03:30 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on March 13, 2023, 10:54:50 AM

Can't say I know much about him. Is he quick and covers some serious yards? Robinson or Tete is a huge loss to our game I feel.

He's not the tallest of full backs but yeah he's very quick and likes to get forward as well - https://www.whoscored.com/Players/107252/Show/Alejandro-Grimaldo

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: LC on February 28, 2023, 01:43:26 AM

He would be a great signing for us

I agree he has plenty of energy and a competitor box to box.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 13, 2023, 11:13:16 AM
Quote from: LC on February 28, 2023, 01:43:26 AM

He would be a great signing for us

I agree he has plenty of energy and a competitor box to box.

Can't see it myself, but he really would be a statement signing.

filham

Full concentration has to be on keeping our best players. The Sun is saying that most of the top six clubs are queuing up to sign Palhinha in the summer, with more than one big club interested we should manage to get a huge fee but it will still be difficult to find a replacement.

RAY Rock ????

We need to clear the deadwood and not get sentimental (Cairney Ream , Rodak, Wilson, Kebano I would let these players go as we need upgrades). Attacking Midfield is definitely a postion we need to strengthen along with centre back, centre forward. We can't stand still we need to be on the ball
My transfer targets would be
1) Patterson GK Sunderland
2) Gyökeres Coventry
3) Scott Bristol City
4) Andre Fluminense
5) Anderson Crystal Palace
6)Curtis Jones loan Liverpool
7)Smith Rowe loan Arsenal
Just suggestions

LittleErn

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on March 13, 2023, 01:40:08 PM
We need to clear the deadwood and not get sentimental (Cairney Ream , Rodak, Wilson, Kebano I would let these players go as we need upgrades). Attacking Midfield is definitely a postion we need to strengthen along with centre back, centre forward. We can't stand still we need to be on the ball
My transfer targets would be
1) Patterson GK Sunderland
2) Gyökeres Coventry
3) Scott Bristol City
4) Andre Fluminense
5) Anderson Crystal Palace
6)Curtis Jones loan Liverpool
7)Smith Rowe loan Arsenal
Just suggestions

I suspect we will be looking further afield than the Premiership. There are bargains to be had abroad.