Watching Croatia v Brazil

Started by bobbo, December 09, 2022, 05:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

What a good referee Micheal Oliver is .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

St Eve

bobbo

Yep , they've looked the best team by a margin so far . But it's not over till it's over.

Fulham 442

They think it's all over...it is now!!

St Eve

cmg

Spot the snags in the following plans:

1. Take the lead with a goal on the stroke of half-time of extra time. Then stroll through the second half against demoralised oppo.

2. If it does go to penalties, make sure your top penalty taker is available for that vital 5th kick.

ffc73

Well, that has stopped all that dancing 🇧🇷  🕺 on the pitch 😆

bill taylors apprentice

Brazil are a good international team no doubt but they topped their group (won 2 lost 1) with only 3 goals against 3 decent but hardly dangerous opposition.

For whatever reason they lost their sparkle some time ago (Winners last 20 years ago) so peel away their perceived invincibility and they are no better than 6 or 7 other top national teams IMO.

Croatia may be punching above their weight but bigger nations have found it difficult to beat them for sometime, so no surprise they won today for me.

YankeeJim

I enjoyed the match. The skill on both sides: the first touches, passes, defending. In short the basics of football was superior to anything I've seen in a while. Neymar's goal was an exquisite piece of skill. All that and the ref was excellent and brushed off the few times either side tried to dive. Great piece of football.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I thought it would be a tough game, I had a few errands to do so did them and started watching in the 85th minute,.when the game started to an extent.

Crazy that Croatia were being seen as the big outsiders (Bookies had them at very big odds to get through) they were in the final 4 years ago, and been a consistently tough team in all that time.

Brazil should have won it, but well done Croatia, a bunch of very tough cookies.

H4usuallysitting

bobbo

What a difference  , the ref on the Holland / Argentina match .

Willham

Quote from: bobbo on December 09, 2022, 08:53:45 PM

Absolutely the worse thing. Couldn't finish watching the game, it wasn't enjoyable

cookieg

I'm sure the commentator said he was Spanish.

bog

Quote from: cookieg on December 09, 2022, 09:45:14 PM

I'm sure the commentator said he was Spanish.

Yes and he booked 16 players. That has to be close to a record...or a CD or a shellac made 78rpm...  :022:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ffc73 on December 09, 2022, 06:12:33 PM

Stuff like that always comes back to haunt you.
I hope the same happens with the odious Argentinians after their shocking conduct towards the Dutch players afterward their match v The Netherlands.
Typical unsporting behaviour by the Argentinians, they have no class.
Good luck to Croatia when they play them. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 10, 2022, 01:34:35 PM
Quote from: ffc73 on December 09, 2022, 06:12:33 PM

Stuff like that always comes back to haunt you.
I hope the same happens with the odious Argentinians after their shocking conduct towards the Dutch players afterward their match v The Netherlands.
Typical unsporting behaviour by the Argentinians, they have no class.
Good luck to Croatia when they play them. 

Agreed. What is it with so many of the Sth American teams? First Uruguay then Argentina, very poor sporting behaviour indeed.  At least Brazil behaved decently.