Who do we want to win today? Argentina or France

Argentina
25 (59.5%)
France
17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: December 19, 2022, 02:46:22 PM

Whitestone

A great final ? . No. For 80 minutes it was a non event before it exploded. Thoroughly enjoyed the last ten minutes of normal time and extra time though.

filham

No one can complain about that for entertainment value, has to be among the best ever finals.

Somerset Fulham

Bill2

Quote from: SP on December 18, 2022, 04:31:45 PM
Weird seeing empty empty seats at a WC final after half-time, perhaps they have a prawn sandwich then go home?
I thought that but I think it was a lot of locals dressed in their white smocks.

Bill2

Thought the Argentinian keeper was guilty of huge gamesmanship with throwing the ball away before one of the penalties and got booked when he tried to do the same next time. Wondered what would happen if he had been booked before and ended up with a red. Would the opposition have an empty net to shoot in, could they bring on a sub keeper and what if they had used all their subs. Anyone know?

Jules

Thanks goodness it's all over though! Let's get on with the important football now from next week! Come on Fulham!!

Baszab

Why is Macron on the podium?!?
Oh yes - France need some more arms sales to Qatar

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Baszab on December 18, 2022, 06:41:12 PM

You know that we sell more to them than anybody else does, right?

Baszab

Well UK is 5 th largest exporter to Qatar in 2021 behind China USA India and Germany

But at least we didn't have to bribe the candidates to vote for Qatar over USA (as admitted by Blatter) to get our exports

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Baszab on December 18, 2022, 06:41:12 PM

The Arab guy to the right of Macron looked bored stiff every time they focused on him.

He must have been thinking "Oh so this is football. what is the fuss"
Only 90,000 people going ballistic have come from all over the world.

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Baszab on December 18, 2022, 09:32:18 PM
Well UK is 5 th largest exporter to Qatar in 2021 behind China USA India and Germany

But at least we didn't have to bribe the candidates to vote for Qatar over USA (as admitted by Blatter) to get our exports

I don't think that France did that either, did they? Especially in order to secure to arms sales as you stated in your original post.

Twig

Quote from: Bill2 on December 18, 2022, 06:11:28 PM
Quote from: SP on December 18, 2022, 04:31:45 PM
Weird seeing empty empty seats at a WC final after half-time, perhaps they have a prawn sandwich then go home?
I thought that but I think it was a lot of locals dressed in their white smocks.

The locals do not wear smocks any more than you walk into town wearing pyjamas.

Baszab

Please read Blatter's confession on why Sarkozy persuaded Platini to start the bribing of various candidates to vote for Qatar in preference to USA for this WC

All investigated and quite a few FIFA candidates proven guilty

It's not all conspiracy theory you know - some of it is fact

Hence Qatar's purchase of arms from France following their voting in for the WC - please google it yourself - it's quite clear

In response to this, Australia cancelled the submarine deal with France and bought from UK and USA

Twig

Not sure that can be called a great final because only one team played football for well over an hour.  When it did ignite it became exciting but excitement alone doesn't make for a great final. Good yes, great no.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: SP on December 18, 2022, 05:51:00 PM
I hope the people who decided not to watch the WC in protest are enjoying Christmas at Aldi.
I'm enjoying the beach, haven't watch a single game.

YankeeJim

The real star for France was the team of scouts that went to Africa some years back and convinced the families of the team on the pitch to immigrate to France.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 18, 2022, 11:52:47 PM
The real star for France was the team of scouts that went to Africa some years back and convinced the families of the team on the pitch to immigrate to France.

How so?

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Baszab on December 18, 2022, 11:30:05 PM
Please read Blatter's confession on why Sarkozy persuaded Platini to start the bribing of various candidates to vote for Qatar in preference to USA for this WC

All investigated and quite a few FIFA candidates proven guilty

It's not all conspiracy theory you know - some of it is fact

Hence Qatar's purchase of arms from France following their voting in for the WC - please google it yourself - it's quite clear

In response to this, Australia cancelled the submarine deal with France and bought from UK and USA

Ok. :54:

YankeeJim

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 19, 2022, 12:21:35 AM

How so?

Frenchmen to be sure, but all ten field players at the end were of African descent.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RaySmith

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 19, 2022, 03:16:52 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 19, 2022, 12:21:35 AM

How so?

Frenchmen to be sure, but all ten field players at the end were of African descent.

Many descendants likely from ex -French colonies - the French empire at one time was the largest empire, second to Britain, where many people are also descended from immigrants from the Empire, invited here to help rebuild the country after WW2.