more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Last film you watched

Started by fulhamfever, December 28, 2022, 01:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisfitKid

Quote from: deadcowboys on January 17, 2024, 07:48:00 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 16, 2024, 09:07:06 PMAlan Ritchson as JACK REACHER.

Certainly a much better depiction of Lee Child's Reacher than tiny Tom Cruise.

+100
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

RaySmith

Napoleon at the cinema - very good, I thought. Great depiction of the  reality of the battles of the time - the brutality of hand to hand fighting, and the relationship between Napoleon and Josephine, both outsiders - a visually stunning film.

Selma on BBC iPlayer - also very good, a chilling depiction of racism in the American South, and the courage of those who followed Martin Luther King in opposing it, at great personal risk.

Actually watched Belfast, since then, Ken Branagh's loving recreation of his 60's working-class Belfast childhood, at the start of the Troubles, and the effects on his own family, who end up leaving for England, where the father already gets work- returning home  between jobs.

A decent film, which doesn't quite  hold the attention, with tension lost, when the  threat of  paramilitary bullies to the family, becomes  less serious seeming, with a cartoonish  depiction of violence, although it's supposedly serious enough to make the family move to England.
But good on the warmth of working-class Belfast, which is suddenly shattered by  violence, but doesn't  really examine the cause of the  violence between the communities.

filham

Quote from: RaySmith on January 18, 2024, 09:17:48 AMNapoleon at the cinema - very good, I thought. Great depiction of the  reality of the battles of the time - the brutality of hand to hand fighting, and the relationship between Napoleon and Josephine, both outsiders - a visually stunning film.

Selma on BBC iPlayer - also very good, a chilling depiction of racism in the American South, and the courage of those who followed Martin Luther King in opposing it, at great personal risk.

Actually watched Belfast, since then, Ken Branagh's loving recreation of his 60's working-class Belfast childhood, at the start of the Troubles, and the effects on his own family, who end up leaving for England, where the father already gets work- returning home  between jobs.

A decent film, which doesn't quite  hold the attention, with tension lost, when the  threat of  paramilitary bullies to the family, becomes  less serious seeming, with a cartoonish  depiction of violence, although it's supposedly serious enough to make the family move to England.
But good on the warmth of working-class Belfast, which is suddenly shattered by  violence, but doesn't  really examine the cause of the  violence between the communities.

Thanks for that, Napoleon is showing at the Korda cinema Shepperton studios next week end, think I may go to see it.
Will I hear those magic lines " Not tonight Josepnine".

HV71

On the subject of ' Napoleon' the film - it's an interesting one. It certainly entertains as a movie but its relation to historical fact is a tad tenuous . As long as you are prepared to suspend belief then it is  well worth a watch . The bit that is rather comical though  is the end which looked to me more Monty Python than Ridley Scott

Enjoy !

ex-Pat

Blazing Saddles....Funniest movie ever.

Dodgin

Watched Saltburn, Killers of the Flower Moon. Christmas movie The Holdovers not for children.

Asotosyios

I found Napoleon very boring - a lot of random scenes put together without making much sense. I read afterwards that a lot more scenes will be added for a 4-hour Apple TV release - perhaps that will be better.

I had high hopes for Past Lives, but it didn't do it for me. The two main characters never managed to convince you that there was something there - the American husband was great though.

I enjoyed Killers of the Flower Moon, Saltburn and One Life and kind of liked The Boy and The Heron, though I got a bit lost at some point.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MisfitKid on January 17, 2024, 08:51:22 PM
Quote from: deadcowboys on January 17, 2024, 07:48:00 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 16, 2024, 09:07:06 PMAlan Ritchson as JACK REACHER.

Certainly a much better depiction of Lee Child's Reacher than tiny Tom Cruise.

+100

It is indeed and i have enjoyed both films i have seen with Alan Ritchson as Jack Reacher.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Kingjay81

Guy Ritchie's The Covenant.

I thought this was brilliant as is most of the movies Jake Gyllenhaal's in.

fulhamfever

The Kitchen - Ian Wright and KANO was a good little watch

FFC1987

Just watched Saltburn. I think it was gripping when I watched it but a lot of moments, and after, I just came away thinking 'what the F just happened.....'.

Snibbo

Oldie but Goldie: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

The Gary Oldman, John Hurt etc one. What a cast. Brilliant. Watched the Alec Guinness one last year. Also brilliant

kiwian

Not a movie but comic gold-Dumbest football moments, on You Tube
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?