Main Menu

Derek Lampe RIP

Started by ruislip ray, December 30, 2022, 02:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruislip ray

Another Fulham stalwart passes on . RIP

gang

Fulham33

His last game, I believe, was my second (my 8th birthday treat) v Man City 24/11/62. Lost that one too, I think. We share the name of Derek and our love of Fulham. RIP

gang

Fernhurst

Dear Derek RIP
Sincere condolences to all family and friends.
When I had access to the "Courtyard " in my early teens always thought Derek looked old back then.
As previously described a stalwart who always tried hard. 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fulham33

I am about to relive my 8th birthday - thank you

Fulham33

Believe it or not I would have been in that as I was pushed right to the front, behind the goal at the Putney End. No chance of picking me out with the picture quality of the day. My late father would not have been too far behind me, as he was only 5 foot 2.

Mince n Tatties

RIP to another of the Fulham family.

cmg

Tipped for stardom in his early days (played for England Schools, I think).
Unfortunately injuries prevented him from fully realising this potential. Still a decent player, though.

Condolences to his family.

Tonywa

RaySmith

Can see Derek's face now, staring out from my album of personally gained signed photos of Fulham players - one of the portraits bought from the club shop, I think, rather than the action originals that my dad, who was in the print, got me - probably because Derek didn't play in too many first team games - and which players often asked me if I wanted to sell - I always said 'no'!

Yes, remember Derek well, though not a first team regular, but always a  stalwart, dependable cb - ready to give his all when required.

RIP Big Man

RaySmith

Quote from: gang on December 30, 2022, 04:22:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY_qs9Jn8lM
Fulham 33 here is that game.

Thanks for this, brings back so many memories - all the players we never hear about now, like Dave Metchik, Pat O'Connell, Eddie Lowe, Derek Lampe.

I was very likely at that game, though don't remember.

bog

Very sad news. Derek was an England under23 international who had to retire early because of injury. I had the good fortune to meet and shake hands with Derek back in the 90's.

RIP.