https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hope Brentford loses today.

Started by Forever Fulham, December 30, 2022, 04:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Quote from: General on December 30, 2022, 09:33:08 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 30, 2022, 09:20:19 PM
Can't believe that Toney can continue to play with all the charges against him! He should be suspended until the hearing, surely?
I thought he had to respond by Wed just gone??

Was thinking the same thing. How is he being allowed to play on? Surely rules are being bent.. I thought there was overwhelming evidence?
Imagine if the allegations were against a Fulham player...
I expect the BBC would have not left it alone until the player was hung, drawn and quartered!

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 30, 2022, 09:38:28 PM
Can't believe that Toney can continue to play with all the charges against him! He should be suspended until the hearing, surely?

Was thinking the same thing. How is he being allowed to play on? Surely rules are being bent.. I thought there was overwhelming evidence?
I expect the BBC would have not left it alone until the player was hung, drawn and quartered!

Across a number of levels this is a truly staggeringly bizarre statement.

Somerset Fulham

There are jokes to be made about being stretchered off in the last minute in the current circumstances, but they shouldn't happen.

Toney looked in real, real trouble and whilst I appreciate that this may indirectly help our season I don't want to see a player appearing to be in that sort of pain whoever he plays for.

I hope it isn't as bad as first appeared.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 30, 2022, 09:53:15 PM

Across a number of levels this is a truly bizarre statement.

My point is that the BBC haven't mentioned the allegations against Toney for a good while. But then, I expect a do goody such as yourself probably agrees with them!

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 30, 2022, 09:56:30 PM

My point is that the BBC haven't mentioned the allegations against Toney for a good while. But then, I expect a do goody such as yourself probably agrees with them!

I forgot it was you..

The BBC have reported the FA charges (not allegations) as they have been made and updated the position as further charges have been made in line with every other news agency to date.

What else do you expect them to have done so far?

I would also be interested to hear why you think that the BBC would treat this differently if it were a Fulham (historically much the bigger club) player involved?

And then we move on to the 'do goody' side of things which quite frankly is ridiculous. 

For the record, I am no "do gooder" or "leftie", "snowflake" etc etc, I am happy to fall on to all sides of a discussion and I am open to having my initial view changed during that discussion.  But what I am absolutely 100% against is this continued trend of people posting/spreading unfounded bollocks as you have done in your initial post and thinking that is ok. 

Look forward to your replies to my direct questions and then we can all move on, be friends and get on with enjoying a cracking season.

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 30, 2022, 10:40:22 PM

I forgot it was you..

The BBC have reported the FA charges (not allegations) as they have been made and updated the position as further charges have been made in line with every other news agency to date.

I would also be interested to hear why you think that the BBC would treat this differently if it were a Fulham (historically much the bigger club) player involved?

And then we move on to the 'do goody' side of things which quite frankly is ridiculous. 

For the record, I am no "do gooder" or "leftie", "snowflake" etc etc, I am happy to fall on to all sides of a discussion and I am open to having my initial view changed during that discussion.  But what I am absolutely 100% against is this continued trend of people posting/spreading unfounded bollocks as you have done in your initial post and thinking that is ok. 

Look forward to your replies to my direct questions and then we can all move on, be friends and get on with enjoying a cracking season.

Wait, you're not a leftie!?  :dft011:

Twig

Why?

Twig

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 30, 2022, 10:40:22 PM

I forgot it was you..

You can't say fairer than that.

Cornishnick

Not getting too wound up about individual results elsewhere other than the bottom half teams dropping points to top half teams to stretch the gap below us (assuming we remain top half or close to). Of course that assumes we pick up points as well,

We are 6 wins away from the magic 40 and that seems possible on present form if we can get points from those below us. Come Tuesday evening, that might be only 4 wins.