watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in v Leicester

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 03, 2023, 06:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I actually like Tosin, ok he is a Van Dyke cameo and not as good as him, but he is good enough to be in the Fulham squad!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 03, 2023, 07:12:18 PM
Quote from: davew on January 03, 2023, 07:06:47 PM
Where is Duffy, why did we sign him????

We signed him as emergency back up centre back since only had two to start the season. It was clear at the time, and has only gotten clearer since. Since the others have performed well and been healthy, he has not managed to get any game time.  With Kurzawa back Silva likely felt that he rather had a full back on the bench instead of a second centre back. All very reasonable in my opinion.
We rarely agree Sting and the trend continues, 3 wingers on the bench for an away fixture but only 1 unproven full back and 1 defender who probably needs a rest on the bench, really think Duffy was or is worth a punt in the next few games.

General

Quote from: davew on January 03, 2023, 07:23:36 PM

We signed him as emergency back up centre back since only had two to start the season. It was clear at the time, and has only gotten clearer since. Since the others have performed well and been healthy, he has not managed to get any game time.  With Kurzawa back Silva likely felt that he rather had a full back on the bench instead of a second centre back. All very reasonable in my opinion.
We rarely agree Sting and the trend continues, 3 wingers on the bench for an away fixture but only 1 unproven full back and 1 defender who probably needs a rest on the bench, really think Duffy was or is worth a punt in the next few games.

Agree with the Duffy sentiment. Seems strange. He was reliable when he came in previously and knows how to handle himself in the league. Clearly can do a job when called upon in the PL, strange to leave him out entirely.

Caedal

Diop has been excellent since coming in, hopefully its not an injury

demeant0r

I don't think he'd be on the bench if he was injured.

davew

Quote from: General on January 03, 2023, 07:25:28 PM

Agree with the Duffy sentiment. Seems strange. He was reliable when he came in previously and knows how to handle himself in the league. Clearly can do a job when called upon in the PL, strange to leave him out entirely.
Thanks General and Happy New Year!

General

Quote from: davew on January 03, 2023, 07:35:04 PM
Quote from: General on January 03, 2023, 07:25:28 PM

Thanks General and Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you too! Hope it's a good one all round for you.

LC

I just heard the commentator mention we've never managed more than 7 wins than this stage of any previous PL season- I didn't realise that was the case, a fair achievement

Sting of the North

Well, my answer was mainly to your question on why we signed him. Do you disagree with my comments on that as well (90% of the post you replied to)? Whether we have 3 wingers or 4 centre backs seem mostly like an academic question though.

Free Elvis Hammond

Decent performance but became a bit toothless - really need Willian to join the counter attacks every time, no point having him behind the play