watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Everton

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 03, 2023, 09:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Looking like Frank Lampshade might get the elbow tonight.... currently losing 4 nil at home

Fulham 442

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 03, 2023, 09:12:51 PM
Looking like Frank Lampshade might get the elbow tonight.... currently losing 4 nil at home
Just don't think he's up to a top flight job. I've always said a good player doesn't necessarily make a good manager. Feel sorry for the Everton fans tbh. I have a very good mate who's at the game tonight and he was feeling optimistic after their draw with City..

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 03, 2023, 09:12:51 PM

Like many top players they get the jobs because of their names.
They may have done their coaching badges but so do hundreds of unknowns who never get a chance to manage.
Being a big name player is a world away from managing and coaching and Lampard had it handed to him on a plate but he clearly doesn't have what it takes.

Kiwimike

Lampard is obviously no worse than any one of the 10 other manager's they have had in the last 8 years (8permanent, 2 temporary).  I think the problems at Everton are not all around the manager.  Badly run club, no long term plan, wasted a lot of money on 'bang-average players'. 
FFC have only recently worked out a long term plan, which seems to be working.
EFC need to sort out the overall management and direction of the club and back their manager (even if it not Lampard) to allow him to do a good job.
Same could be said of other clubs (Southampton, Leicester, Bournemouth, WHU), even Villa and Wolves seem to have worked something out.