Issa Diop 🔁 82'
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Voting closed: January 04, 2023, 10:42:39 PM

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 04, 2023, 12:22:07 PM
Quote from: General on January 04, 2023, 11:55:07 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on January 04, 2023, 06:25:06 AM
Went for Tosin, but Tete, Ream and Leno all also could have gotten it.

Tosin was poor. We must have been watching different matches. His passing was careless and off, often losing us possession needlessly and he got caught the wrong side of the attacker on numerous occasions. I actually thought he was our weakest player last night and the reasons I gave earlier helped Leicester gain confidence and press us more in the second half as a result.

We obviously watched the same match, it just happens that people do not agree on subjective matters (it actually happens all the time on here if you haven't noticed). All our defenders let players behind them at times yesterday. I remember Tosin being on the wrong side once (maybe twice). The one I remember happened mostly though because of an absolute wonderful pass by a Leicester player. Not Tosin's best moment, but mostly a product of a great piece of play. Tosin had some wayward passes, and also some great ones. He didn't give the ball away in dangerous positions, but when he tried the long ball. He also won countless duels and headers and covered very well behind Tete who often was found very high (partly because of our tactics).

No defender was perfect yesterday, but in my book Tosin was certainly not worse than anyone else. All of them deserve credit. Our main problem yesterday was a midfield that couldn't keep up and also couldn't keep the ball.

In my opinion.

On the match day thread, (General) you conflated Tosin playing poorly, to boosting and encouraging confidence to Leicester. All blame going to Tosin. Not like the whole team were backing off, but our backline won us that game. We created very little, Teielemens ran the midfield and we were barraged with attacks for almost the entire game yet didn't concede. Something tells me Tosin not only played well, but keeping a clean sheet in these games is incredible. Tosin was part of that. Can't believe we're belittling a defender after a game like that!

WindyCity

Firstly, I am not a Leno fan.  But he got my vote for motm.  Finally, finally, finally he had a game which got the team three points and really had an impact on the games' outcome.  By far and away his BEST show of the season.  Made a handful of very good and critical saves.  Cap tip to Leno, happy to give him his due.  Hopeful he can make me more of a fan as the season continues.  Great win and great clean sheet, well done Leno!

Tete a very close second in the vote, but without key keeper saves, the result is different.