News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next five league matches - how many points (Merged)

Started by Stoneleigh Loyalist, January 01, 2023, 04:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

A regular topic but this time one with real meaning.
An unpredictable Leicester, Chelsea twice, the powerful Newcastle and which Tottenham will turn up?
Any other season I would be happy with a minimum of four points from these games but I might expect us to get none!
With 22 games gone the end of the season will look much closer and we need a fit squad plus new signings to be available for the busy coming weeks.

Somerset Fulham

Spurs were dreadful today and can definitely be got at.

Conte seems to have destroyed Son.

Twig

Yep, Spurs beaten and I'm fervently hoping Chelsea lose against Forest today too. Then our chance of a European adventure really lies in our own hands over those next 5 fixtures.

WindyCity

Not sure how many points we garner over next five, but I am actually looking forward to the first Chelsea game.  I am of the firm belief we can win that game.  We'll be at the Cottage, and as long as the team is fully fit (Mitrovic, Tete, Robinson) I like our chances!  COYW!

ffcthereligion

Somerset Fulham

I'm not suggesting that we can beat both Chelsea and Spurs, but both Chelsea and Spurs look incredibly one paced and basically dreadful.

alfie

Just watching Forest v Chelsea now and they look pretty average and Forest have just equalised.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

Of course we can get points off Spurs and Chelsea, both are dropping points for a reason - they have weaknesses and lack consistency.  Our next five games are, on paper, pretty challenging but  think we can get some results and perhaps 6 or 7 points. COYW!

davew

Brilliant start to the season and well on our way to avoiding relegation, but being realistic (not pessimistic) the next 5 games are tough, really tough! Personally I can't see us getting more than 2 points, what do you think?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Pluto

The Thursday night game against Chelsea then 2pm early Sunday kickoff up in Newcastle is a brutal double header. Anything from either of those games would be great. I think Leicester are very beatable at the moment, even away and we should be looking to win Spurs at home given their recent poor form. They look a shambles at the minute. Then Chelsea away is a free hit.

I think 5 points would be great

Stoneleigh Loyalist

May I suggest that this thread and mine below be combined.

Twig

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 01, 2023, 08:45:41 PM
May I suggest that this thread and mine below be combined.

Yes, this thread already exists.  Sensible to combine the two.

Woolly Mammoth

Hmmm so you can only see us getting max 2 points out of the next 5 games you say.
I hope MS does not think like that otherwise we would be cannon fodder.

I am only interested in the next match, as the next match is the most important.

A week in football is a long time, anything can happen in that period of matches that we will have no control over, it's called unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.

We must just concern yourselves over the next game, as when the time comes the rest will take care of themselves in their own individual way.

Just remember we did not just wake up in the Land of the Goblins to find ourselves in 7th place. A lot of effort, application, commitment, work rate, conditioning, players playing for each other by sweating blood with fire in their bellies contributed to where we are now.

Add the planning, organisation, preparation and system of play and game management in every fixture, and a profusion of sleepless nights wondering if a player will recover from injury or illness or any other sundries during the course of each week of training, and you start to get the picture that every game is a cup final, the first 90 minutes is the most important and the ball never gets tired.

Then just for good measure Marco will finish off his preparations by pointing out to his players:-
" See that brick wall over there, i want you to run through it and come out fighting on the otherside".

Guess what you dont have to go on a Sky Sports Punditry Course to know that.
It's basics, it's the simple things, it's having enough Leaders, enough Fighters, enough Warriors, enough Characters, and make sure you score more goals than your opponents.

Look no further than the next match otherwise you will never live to be 100 years.

The bloke who invented the wheel did not wait for somebody else to invent it.
He identified a large tree had blown down due to a storm and after a swift visual on the trunk of the tree that was laying on its side, and said to himself  " hang about i shall saw/chop off four slices from the bottom of the trunk and attach them to each corner of a cart, stick a couple Bison up front to tow it and i have a ready made vehicle to carry the Sabre Tooth Tiger i have just clubbed back to my cave before my neighbour finds out.

By emerging from his cave he opened the doors for Ford, Vauxhall, Rolls Royce, BMW to name but a few to
flourish, just like the bloke who invented the rear view mirror, he never looked back.

Same as the geezer who circumnavigated the oceans to deduce that the earth was not flat after all, he could tell by watching the sails of a ship come into sight on the horizon and noticed the top of the sails by the crows nest appearing first and following that the starboard and port side of the deck coming into vision.
He did not stay on dry land or wait for another sailor to discover that. Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.

So the moral of the story is, that a Camel does not see her own Hump.
Otherwise you will continue to knock on a deaf man's door forever.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Blawarmy

Quote from: davew on January 01, 2023, 08:10:24 PM
Brilliant start to the season and well on our way to avoiding relegation, but being realistic (not pessimistic) the next 5 games are tough, really tough! Personally I can't see us getting more than 2 points, what do you think?
All games are winnable this season.  Some dodgy ref and var decisions will go against us as standard against the 'bigger' clubs

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Southdowns White

hovewhite

think 8 pionts 2 wins chelsea,leciester,2 draws.if it happens sets us up nicely for rest of the season.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 01, 2023, 10:17:38 PM
Hmmm so you can only see us getting max 2 points out of the next 5 games you say.
I hope MS does not think like that otherwise we would be cannon fodder.

I am only interested in the next match, as the next match is the most important.

A week in football is a long time, anything can happen in that period of matches that we will have no control over, it's called unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.

We must just concern yourselves over the next game, as when the time comes the rest will take care of themselves in their own individual way.

Happy New Year Woolly! At least I am not looking ahead so far as to envisage us finishing 7th in the league and then maybe playing in Europe. My post was to try and keep the situation real! Before the start of the season many of our fans might have thought we wouldn't get any points from the next 5 games, I will stick with my forecast of 2 points, anything above that in my opinion would be a bonus and even if we only manage 2 or less, we are well on our way to staying in the PL for another season, a big improvement on out last 2 visits to the PL.

davew

Revised prediction....at least 3 points... great win tonight!!

Twig

Quote from: davew on January 03, 2023, 09:44:27 PM
Revised prediction....at least 3 points... great win tonight!!

Nice one Dave. Why not go crazy and predict 4!

DadCreature

Off to a great start.  Have to think at least 5 after that.  Pull out a couple of draws and that's good work.