watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Relegation

Started by Ludlow Richard, January 03, 2023, 10:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

No team has ever been relegated from the Premier League after getting to 28 points from 18 games.

Jamie88

It's got Fulhamish written all over it  :dft011:

Somerset Fulham

Sting of the North

So, in a worst case scenario at least we will break a record!

Sgt Fulham

For the first time I've stopped caring when teams like Bournemouth and Everton lose. Not to tempt fate, but I think those worries can be put on the shelf until next season. Credit to the lads, what a year.

Marcel_Gecov

Are we the only team to have won all the games since the WC?

I assume we are after the Arsenal/ Newcastle score...

General

20 more games, if we took our points tally and doubled it (for another 18 games) we'd be on 56 points, which historically would get a team around 7th or 8th, minus one season where for some reason it would've only got you 11th.

Add a couple more points for the two extra games and you're looking at the cusp of 7th/6th.

Those are big ifs though - we're looking tired for example at the moment, injuries and suspensions could play a role and other teams could go on a run of form and we could not be on one... but that's where we head if we keep this up consistently.

Could argue too that we perhaps should've got a few more points on the board by now.

Only games we've lost though so far are against the top five and randomly West Ham, who you could argue had two handballs leading upto their two goals wrongly allowed.

General

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 03, 2023, 10:19:54 PM

Looks like Man Utd have too.

General

Interestingly despite the three wins on the trot, our two Manchester losses only have us in 9th in the form table over the last six games.

Brighton, Brentford and Villa are all above us.

Chelsea are interestingly sixth from bottom on form over their last six matches.

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: General on January 03, 2023, 10:21:02 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 03, 2023, 10:19:54 PM

Looks like Man Utd have too.

Yes, both Utd and us have scored seven goals in winning three games but Utd have won all three without conceding a goal, we've conceded just the one.

hovewhite

Am not bothered about the form table or the teams above us in that table.
Every season there's a team that rises from oblivion and a team that drops like a stone.Fulham won't be the latter.

DadCreature

Relegation isn't happening to us this season!!! COYW!

bill taylors apprentice

I think its fair to say that even if we had a load of injuries and luck turned against us in a big way, this team would have enough about it to get the desired number of points in the last 20 games.

Which is not something a Fulham fan has been able to say very often over the years.

demeant0r

Our highest ever points tally is 53. What odds with the bookies give for us to beat that?

RaySmith

The points still need to be won, battled for in every game, like tonight's.

28 points won't keep us up, and their will be problems along the way - injuries, suspensions, awful reffing, and we need to cope with all these, and keep grinding out the points - no room for complacency-  a long way to go yet.

One game at a time!

TheCeiling

Let's get this 40pts mark and our life would look much more comfortable. 4 wins is what we need now in the upcoming games. Hopefully MS sets a mini goal for the entire squad, to achieve it as fast as possible   049:gif