watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - This is devastating

Started by CorkedHat, January 11, 2011, 01:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

To answer your question OBS the reason I am late in responding is that last night we had a tremendous storm which has resulted in widespread flooding in our town.
I escaped with just minor flooding and loss of power but many in the town have not been so fortunate. Our main street became impassable this afternoon and we are effectively cut off from any other town.
We only have four shops in town and three of them went under.
Tonight I helped with sandbagging the pub. We can't have that going under can we?
Our problem is that it has rained incessantly for four days and the Wimmera River has burst its banks. Although we are not on the Wimmera River it empties into Dunmunkle Creek which runs through our town. Thus a wall of water is on the way.
Snakes are everywhere but the good thing nobody has died and in truth nobody is likely to die unless they accidentally encounter a snake in the floods. The locals have set up pumps to divert water into a disused reservoir which hopefully will save the town
We have made the local news but it is hardly likely to make news outside of Victoria.
To think I was looking forward to Summer.

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

WhiteJC

CorkedHat sent me a photo of the Main Street in Rupanyup

epsomraver

Sorry to hear your plight John," never rains but when it pours", my old mum used to say, very apt at present, keep safe mate.

OldBrownShoe

Keep safe CH. Email to you is probably splashing around somewhere in cyberspace.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

The Equalizer

A revisit to this topic briefly. Here's a link that shows before and after overhead pictures of some of the areas in Queensland. Quite sobering:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/infographics/qld-floods/beforeafter.htm

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc